weird

Bijan

Bench Warmer
Apr 18, 2004
Milan wins the World Cup for club teams, 4-2 vs Boca, and yet not one thread about it on ISP. That is weird, and maybe it says a lot about the 'supporters culture' that lives among the most of us on this forum; that of being too biased, with our heads too far up the backs of the EPL. Maybe that's an explanation why nobody has found it worthy of mentioning, the annual highlight of world club football.

That does not take anything away from what Milan has achieved. Their domminance of European and world football continues, despite claims for years that they have been finished.

Anyways...4th world cup..18th in total cups: most prestigious club in the world!!! Suck on that.....KAKA RUKESSSS

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I think it's more down to nobody watching it and the "excitement" of the 1-0 wins in England ;)

Milan over the past 20 years has been the most dominant force in football...
I read this article a couple of days ago on Milan on this spanish blog

http://futbolitis.blogs.terra.es/blogs/futbolitis/archive/2007/12/09/ellegendariomilan.aspx

It shows the systematic work of Milan, their lab Milanello and everything else, starting with Sacchi, leading to building Capello and how despite his record(unbeaten season etc.) you can't compare what Sacchi did with him and the why in the future Milan will continue to dominate and why Baresi is now built up to become the next coach.
Milan is hands down the greatest club in european history..

Milan wins the World Cup for club teams, 4-2 vs Boca, and yet not one thread about it on ISP. That is weird, and maybe it says a lot about the 'supporters culture' that lives among the most of us on this forum; that of being too biased, with our heads too far up the backs of the EPL. Maybe that's an explanation why nobody has found it worthy of mentioning, the annual highlight of world club football.

That does not take anything away from what Milan has achieved. Their domminance of European and world football continues, despite claims for years that they have been finished.

Anyways...4th world cup..18th in total cups: most prestigious club in the world!!! Suck on that.....KAKA RUKESSSS
Dear Bijan, I watched the goals at the Norwegian TV and had the ISP not threatened to march me around the city of Oslo with "aftabeh" around my neck, I would have mentioned it in a post (without putting the score in the title of course!)

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
yea i watched the game last night.. amazing game by Milan
i can't wait till the derby.

btw.. i caught a glimpse of the arsenal game, and i was about to throw up.. i switched the channel to watch US College Soccer, it's better than the rugby the English play

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
There are so many fans of Italian football here, more so than there are fans of EPL. So why didn't one of them open a thread about the match!!!!! Were they too busy watching the EPL? ;)

I don't know, but to me it was never illegal here to open a thread about any match as long as you don't put the score in the title ;)
So the fact that no one bothered, just shows how much people didn't care about that match! Even fans of the tiring bore that is called Serie A!
Maybe it was because people don't care about the competition anyway?

BTW Bijan jaan, why didn't YOU open a match thread about it? Who stopped you? EPL fans? :D
LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Bijan

Bench Warmer
Apr 18, 2004
I didn't imply that others should do what I want them to do; opening threads about subject that I like. What I implied is that there is more than a dozen members on this forum that spends hours of their day on it, opening threads, posting replies, bringing some news that in comparison to the World Cul final for club teams fall into nothing. And it was to those steady ISP posters that i was addressing the issue, not to those like me who might visit the forum once in a couple of weeks.

And besides, I did open a forum about it on the first occassion that I had after the final whistle. Thatis hours after those steady posters were already online and undoubtedly the majority of yo had already heard the news.

Your point of view on my remark/notion, can in no way weaken it; the highest achievable prize on club level is won and hours later, still not one mention from the steady posters.

I beg to differ on the notion that there are more Serie A fans on this forum in comparison to the EPL fans. I don't hold that to be true, especially not among the daily posters. And if one was online, I like to beef it out with him as well.

But lets focus on MIlan. Thanx for posting that article Westi, I will try to read it. I also completely agree with what you wrote about how more influential Sacchi's work was in comparison to Capello's. In fact, I like to argue that Capello single handedly destroyed a large part of what Sacchi had built. He brought is nuts like Davids, Reiziger, Bogarde, Kluivert (who unfortuantely for you afterwards went to Barca) and many more that according to Capello should have been the bridge that would accomodate Milan's transition from romantic, technical football into modern, physical football. We all know how that worked out: Milan's underachievements in the late 90's were all due to that. The fact that he beat Barca in Athens had nothing to do with his management, but everything to do with the structure that Sacchi had built and with Capello's own great coaching skills. Let me sum it up like this: Both Sacchi and Capello are world class coaches, as Van Basten a couple of weeks ago ranked them as the second best ever behind, of course, Cruyff, but the difference is that Sacchi was a visionair and Capello not (although he believes to be one).

And by the way, I owe you an appology for not having responded to the thread I started about Van Basten and letting you to carry on the argument alone, but I have been very busy and right after this post will revive that thread.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
And by the way, I owe you an appology for not having responded to the thread I started about Van Basten and letting you to carry on the argument alone, but I have been very busy and right after this post will revive that thread.
Ghabel nadare aziz...ma in harfharo nadarim.

well said btw. on Capello. Although, I give him lots of credit for his psychological methods(well...at least in the short term, you can give him, plus he needs the right players) but no matter what he won or wins, he can't mess with the great Sacchi.
It was actually one of the points of the article. When Sacchi bought a player, he sat down with the player, explained him what he expected from him and everything else. he chose players carefully.
Capello just bought...and if he couldn't use it, so what? That's why you saw the masses of players at Milan with Boban, Savicevic, Papin, Desailly, Lentini etc.