What a shame Kafashian big liar.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
yeah i would not entirely trust or rely on the polling of the public.

I too think CQ has overall done a good job. but he certainly did not deserve that disparity vs the other coaches.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
not true, probably most of these people who voted tonight were not even born in 1979!!
You know what I mean. We as Iranians make decisions emotionally. We also love it when others praise us, deservedly or not.

I am not trying to compare a man who managed Madrid, was Sir Alex's right hand, and managed to make Portugal 2 times consecutive world junior champion to the Iranian coaches who collectively can't achieve 2 consecutive top 4 under 17 in Asia, but this poll is essentially absurd. First of all if you are comparing CQ to Iranian managers, or if you are voting on if CQ had a successful tenure, you don't ask the question of who was the best foreign coach of Iran in the last 20 years. Secondly, how are we going to say CQ was better or worse than a man like Ivich who was never allowed to manage Iran? If these silly opinion polls count, Ivich was just recently elected as the best manager of all time!

My personal opinion is Iran had a fair show, nothing spectacular, a fair representation. Also we could have done better in long term for our football if we fielded a younger team and presented some players for transfers. At the end of the day, when the dust settles, we realize that we had such a low impact on the WC as a whole, something far behind nations like Algeria and Costa Rica. This is not CQs fault and is more a failure of our clubs, IFF, managers, government, ...but with this mentality, we will never break through in near future, trust me on that one.