what happened to the revolution last night?!

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
:-( I was just starting to like it and everything.. shame no one we talked to in iran seemed to have been aware of it.. poor souls didn't even know about the revolution that happened last night in their own country!!

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
abouzar said:
:-( I was just starting to like it and everything.. shame no one we talked to in iran seemed to have been aware of it.. poor souls didn't even know about the revolution that happened last night in their own country!![/quote]

What revolution last night?? Charshanbeh Soori??

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
who said its gonna be a Revolution on 4shanbe soori?!u've been watching LA TVs alot lately, hon?!!lol

honestly, as much as I hate IR officials politicizing 4shanbesoori, calling it Haram,attacking ppl who want to celebrate this night,etc I also dislike those LA TVs who try to politicisize it for their own media hype too.

This is a National tradition, so we should make that rishoo basiji, celebrate it too, instead of promoting it as some anti-govt uprising on 4shanbe soori.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
The LA TV stations are a joke in Iran. They are a joke full stop. They are completely out of touch with the feeling and wishes of Iranian people who have no desire for an uprising.

If these loudmouths had balls they would come back and start an uprising themselves. It's easy to sit in LA or anywhere else and talk about uprisings. We see the likes of it all the time from Iranians abroad, particularly those who left BEFORE or just after the revolution and have never been back. They are mostly out of touch with reality of Iranian people today. They have this image of Iran and Iranians in their heads and want an Iran that is so idealistic that it's more like fantasy than reality. Personally I have had enough of these mouths.

Last night was just another typical Chaharshanbeh soori under the IR. Nothing less, nothing more.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
How many people here think that some of these LA TV programs are funded by IR regime itself to make a mockery of all the opposition and give an out of touch, unrealistic image to all opposition groups??

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
shahinc said:
How many people here think that some of these LA TV programs are funded by IR regime itself to make a mockery of all the opposition and give an out of touch, unrealistic image to all opposition groups??
asking one TV owner why he started it,he replied:"pitzai zadam,nagereft,raftam TV zadam"!!!
*credit goes to Hadi Khorsandi (salavat)

AMirza

IPL Player
Mar 19, 2004
sometimes soon you will understand what yesterday meant.
Let me put it in a language you can understand: It was a Bilakh to Arbaeen.

Mehman

Ball Boy
Jan 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
Behrooz_C said:
The LA TV stations are a joke in Iran. They are a joke full stop. They are completely out of touch with the feeling and wishes of Iranian people who have no desire for an uprising.

If these loudmouths had balls they would come back and start an uprising themselves. It's easy to sit in LA or anywhere else and talk about uprisings. We see the likes of it all the time from Iranians abroad, particularly those who left BEFORE or just after the revolution and have never been back. They are mostly out of touch with reality of Iranian people today. They have this image of Iran and Iranians in their heads and want an Iran that is so idealistic that it's more like fantasy than reality. Personally I have had enough of these mouths.

Last night was just another typical Chaharshanbeh soori under the IR. Nothing less, nothing more.
Well said. Thank you.

adam

Ball Boy
Jan 5, 2003
Behrooz_C said:

I agree with you on LA based TV Stations.
What happened last night wasn't exactly "another Chaharshanbeh Soori". People found an opportunity to collectively express their disapproval with the regime. When you are under the gun, there is so much you can do and that's exactly what and how much they did.

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
The revolution will not be televised, will not be televised,
will not be televised, will not be televised.
The revolution will be no re-run brothers;
The revolution will be live.

TheAli

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
3-rahe Farmaniye
shahinc said:
Nope they are supported by "CLI = Community for Liberation of Iran" which is a sub-branch of CIA.

Their support is crucial for petroleum security of the US :--wink:

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
shahinc said:
That's exactly what my dad says and to be honest, it seems very reasonable to me too.

Mar 2, 2003
Chahar Shanbe Soori went without any incidents where I was. At the park I attended, girls and boys were dancing, throwing firecrackers, and jumping over the fire. There was one lone police car at a distance with no other presence by the regime. Indeed, radio and television here were merely running public safety notices that resembled what you hear during 4th of July celebrations in the US. Otherwise, while some of the firecrackers made enough bang to be a bit scary, the people were able to celebrate without paying attention to anyone trying to politicize the event.

It is sad when "Al Jazeera" does a better job conveying the real news from Iran then the "Iranian media" from LA! The latter is a pathetic joke. Their nonsense merely meant to tell their paymasters that the money being spent on them supposedly has an 'effect' and that they have a following. In the process, they have to add layers of lies on layers of more lies and are properly regarded -- by regime foes and friends alike -- more as comedy than opposition political channels.

I can't believe any self respecting Iranian with half a brain would pay any attention to them, although sadly there are some out of touch, nostalgic, and ultimately rather brainless, mostly older Iranians who do.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/572FF6BA-BFDE-4B37-9943-96E06971A011.htm

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Iran fire festival passes peacefully[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]A pre-Islamic fire festival passed off relatively peaceful in Iran, void of the usual clashes between police and youthful revellers.[/FONT]

In previous years, Iran's Islamic government has sought to stop youths lighting bonfires and fireworks for the ancient Zoroastrian feast of Chaharshanbe Souri.

The festival took place on the last Tuesday night before the Iranian New Year on 21 March with specific areas in Tehran allocated to ensure the fireworks passed off more safely and, in many areas across the country, police simply stood by passively watching exuberant youths rather than clashing with them.

"(Last year) they closed the street and shot teargas into the crowd," said 18-year-old Omid, who on Tuesday night was mingling with a group of teenagers of both sexes.

'Pagan' dilemma

In Tehran's Taleghani park families gathered to watch the pyrotechnics.
"The police want to take part in the people's festival and prevent accidents at the same time," Mehdi Ahmadi, a spokesman for the police, said ahead of Tuesday's celebrations.
The Islamic Republic has an awkward relationship with its ancient Zoroastrian religion, whose festivals are widely observed by Muslim Iranians.

Since the 1979 Islamic revolution, the government has usually tried to crack down on what it perceives as pagan partying, prompting clashes between police and youths testing the boundaries of Iran's social restrictions.

But analysts say since the election of conservative President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad last year, hardliners who opposed the liberal policies of former President Mohammad Khatami may have less need to flex their muscles.

People power

Others say the authorities do not want to alienate the people during Tehran's stand-off with the West over its nuclear ambitions.
"The situation dictates that the conservatives should not irritate the people while they face the nuclear dispute," said Ebrahim Yazdi, the leader of the Freedom Movement, a banned liberal party. "They seem to have understood that their pressurising methods are pointless in social fields."

The government launched a campaign to prevent the usual injuries and television and newspapers showed grim pictures of people injured in previous years.
"Tehran prosecutor's office does not oppose the happiness but ... it will confront those who intend to abuse the excitement and the traditions of the people," read a statement from the prosecutor general.
State media on Wednesday said five people had been killed and more than 300 injured in revelling across the country, significantly less than previous years
However a few revellers said that some of the fun had actually been taken out of the festival now that the authorities were more accepting.

"It is not much fun if there is no trouble doing it," said Avesta, 19, throwing a cracker into a crowd of shrieking teenage girls. "This is not so bad though. We mingle with the girls and shoot fireworks and crackers.”

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
It is sad when "Al Jazeera" does a better job conveying the real news from Iran then the "Iranian media" from LA! The latter is a pathetic joke. Their nonsense merely meant to tell their paymasters that the money being spent on them supposedly has an 'effect' and that they have a following. In the process, they have to add layers of lies on layers of more lies and are properly regarded -- by regime foes and friends alike -- more as comedy than opposition political channels.

I can't believe any self respecting Iranian with half a brain would pay any attention to them, although sadly there are some out of touch, nostalgic, and ultimately rather brainless, mostly older Iranians who do.
Simply Ken:

The reason Iranian people watch and some times believe the LA medi is that OUR OWN media is so full of lies and lies and lies...I am talking about the IRIB. What has IRIB ever done to report what REALLY happens in Iran except the official line of the IR?

If the LA TV stations are terrible examples of media outlet, then the IRIB is a damn zoo. Every time I am in Iran and watch the news, then I read the reports on the same stories on internet from BBC, Reuters, etc. I realise just how much IRIB censors and LIES. It doesn't report events, it chops and changes it so biased it's incredible.

It is in such environment that LA TV stations gain audiences and are allowed to thrive. I hope that as an educated person capable of logical thought and analysis, you will have realised this simple fact. If Iran had free and reliable media, then the LA TV channels what you would call 'foes' would lose any credibility and audience at the blink of an eye. Iranian people aren't stupid you know. They know they are being lied to by IRIB, just as they know LA TV stations do.