What happens to Ghotbi now?

Khoshteep

National Team Player
May 11, 2003
Ye rooz inja Ye rooz oonjaa
He was on the Iran's channel 2 sport show (Hosted by Jahangir Kosari) he said after talking to Ghotbi got the feeling that Afshin might be leaving. Nothing is confirmed or discussed with the management but that is what he (Khordbin) gathered after talking to Ghotbi. Hope it is not true more for Ghotbi's sake than Perspolis, with Perspolis going to ACL I imagine they wont have any trouble finding a good coach for the next season.

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
That is a stupid comment. Why would he say something like that before the season is over, and just before a very important game?

Jun 18, 2005
Given that he wont become the TM coach and he got a championship with Perspolis, what will happen to Ghotbi? I doubt it that he will continue coaching in Perspolis.

How does everyone feel about Ghotbi becoming the Omid TM coach? I think he is capable of connecting with his players and with his energy and motivation then we might have a shot.

However Teame Omid does not have any major competitions in schedule so...

Heyfe ke Afshine Ghotbi bereh. :(

If you fastforward to minute 2:17 in this video the way Afshin is fighting off people to get near Sepahan's goal is just so touching. He wanted to win this championship more than anyone else.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
har chi beshe beshe...Ghotbi sarvare va be chand nafar neshoon dad morabigari yani chi...

har ja bere moafaghe...if he leaves PP, I actually hope he gets a decent job as assistant somewhere in Europe so that some people burn even more.

dige chizi nabayad be kesi sabet kone...too ghalbe havadarane perspolis ham baraye hamishe khahed moond.

Last edited:

Neo

Banned
May 20, 2007
A Galaxy ,far far away
will continue his video analysing and improve his farsi and will grow more grey hair and become khoshteep tar. talking more about FOOTBALL BEINON MELALI and trying to delete everyone criticising him .

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
wow, some people are hurting really bad that some guy who cant speak good farsi, and has never been the head coach of a big team comes to iran, in charge of a team which is only 3rd or 4th best team in the country, and wins the league, even after having 6 points deducted LOOOL.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
wow, some people are hurting really bad that some guy who cant speak good farsi, and has never been the head coach of a big team comes to iran, in charge of a team which is only 3rd or 4th best team in the country, and wins the league, even after having 6 points deducted LOOOL.
LOOOOOOOOL! Exactly! hehehehehehee

Neo

Banned
May 20, 2007
A Galaxy ,far far away
head coach hichhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh teami.

na etefaghan . faghat dar football tokhmi iran injoori mishe.
hamin aghaye viera team iraq ro ghahreman kard vali bazikon haye iraq hame goftan az nazare fanii chizi halish nist. che rabti dare ghahremani be talent morabi gari? team pp 10 ta melli poosh dasht. to football iran ke tactic vojood khareji nadare har teami bazikon behtar dare ghahreman mishe. simple az that.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
head coach hichhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh teami.

na etefaghan . faghat dar football tokhmi iran injoori mishe.
hamin aghaye viera team iraq ro ghahreman kard vali bazikon haye iraq hame goftan az nazare fanii chizi halish nist. che rabti dare ghahremani be talent morabi gari? team pp 10 ta melli poosh dasht. to football iran ke tactic vojood khareji nadare har teami bazikon behtar dare ghahreman mishe. simple az that.
come on man. if some video analyst who according to you has never coached ANY team, and is not used to the country, and cant speak the language properly comes to the country, and despite having so much internal problems wins the ipl title with his team within a year, surely that makes his achievement even better, than if some coach who has been a coach in iran did that!

yeah, it might only happen tooye footballe tokhmie iran, but this guy is not coaching in the premier league, is he? he was brought to coach perspolis, and to win the title. he came and from day 1 said we will be champions. people made fun of him, and his ideology, and his way of thinking, but the guy did what he promised and he did what he was brought in for.

and i know all this talk of 10 melli poosh is bullshit, and you know it too man. tooye ojesh, we got 10 in a list of 50 or 55. how many made it to the 23? or how many do we have in the list of 33 now?

Neo

Banned
May 20, 2007
A Galaxy ,far far away
come on man. if some video analyst who according to you has never coached ANY team, and is not used to the country, and cant speak the language properly comes to the country, and despite having so much internal problems wins the ipl title with his team within a year, surely that makes his achievement even better, than if some coach who has been a coach in iran did that!

yeah, it might only happen tooye footballe tokhmie iran, but this guy is not coaching in the premier league, is he? he was brought to coach perspolis, and to win the title. he came and from day 1 said we will be champions. people made fun of him, and his ideology, and his way of thinking, but the guy did what he promised and he did what he was brought in for.

and i know all this talk of 10 melli poosh is bullshit, and you know it too man. tooye ojesh, we got 10 in a list of 50 or 55. how many made it to the 23? or how many do we have in the list of 33 now?
u read the news? avalin list TM ma 9 ta bazikon to TM dashtim. taze bedoone aghaei. az khodam ke dar nemiaram dadashe man.
to 11 ta bazikon asli be nazaret chand ta darim? hala dobare mehdi miad mige niki folan va bahman vali beshmar khodet ta begiri man chi migam

Khoshteep

National Team Player
May 11, 2003
Ye rooz inja Ye rooz oonjaa
I guess Khordbin wasnt jiveing after all

سرمربي پرسپوليس افزود: حبيب كاشاني و محمود خوردبين براثر فشار اين فصل سكته كردند و چيزي نمانده بود كه من هم سكته كنم. اما، چون جوان*تر بودم، طاقت آوردم.

قطبي درباره*ي احتمال ماندنش در تيم پرسپوليس نيز گفت: من از سال 2002 به هيچ عنوان از فعاليت*هاي فوتبالي جدا نبوده*ام، بنابراين اكنون نياز به استراحت دارم و تنها مي*خواهم استراحت كنم. بايد بيشتر در اختيار خانواده*ام باشم و پس از مشورت با آنها تصميم*گيري مي*كنم.

وي افزود: در حال حاضر بسيار احساسي هستم اما، نمي*خواهم با احساس تصميم بگيرم و براي ماندن در پرسپوليس قصد دارم تصميم*گيري منطقي كنم.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
u read the news? avalin list TM ma 9 ta bazikon to TM dashtim. taze bedoone aghaei. az khodam ke dar nemiaram dadashe man.
to 11 ta bazikon asli be nazaret chand ta darim? hala dobare mehdi miad mige niki folan va bahman vali beshmar khodet ta begiri man chi migam
Do i read news? what do you think i do at isp? and i remember when you came to isp and said we have 11 tm players (including kaebi in you list), even before kaebi had joined.

you didnt get my point. yeah, if u call up 150 players to tm, perspolis will have 25 melli poosh! age injoori khoshet miad ke mesle noghlo nabat hama ro melli poosh seda bazani, then go ahead lol. out of those 9 players, how many of them made it to the team?

hala aslan begoo we had 9 players in the final 23 (which we didnt). but if they were really good players, or PROPER melli poosh, then why is it that now we only have 4 players in a list of 33? what happend?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
its funny some ppl still doubt Ghotbi's great coaching and bring TM players' factors into this! as if TM achieved anything in the past year with or without Pers players!!!lol hala age Germany NT players boodan yekchizi!!

About the topic, I really dont think Ghotbi stays either. Technically everything should be smooth for such a successful coach to stay, but this is Perspolis management we r talking about. Kashani's job is not safe. he may not even be at Perspolis for next season,and who knows what kind of club director PEO selects for Perspolis?

Then there is Estili issue. Ghobti, after all the problems Estili-marzban created this season, he's said that "if he stays next season, he'll pick his assistans himself."
so Estili wont have a share in Perspolis and so many others, and thats where the drama begins...