What is the biggest matches you've attended???

ml

Ball Boy
Oct 18, 2002
keyvan_pars said:
Perspolise - Homa (1983) ali parveeen scored the equalizer in the 99th minute;)
Perspolise - Esteghlaal (1983) attendance: 125 000
Perspolise - Shahin (1984) last game before i left iran 6-1
Westham - Liverpool (1985)
westham - Everton(1985)
Luton - Manchester Unite(1985 or 86) --> artificial turf
Arsenal - Manchester United(1986)
England - Sweden (1987)
England - W.Germany (1988)
Arsenal - Tottenham (1988) there was a riot and police came on to the fields with horses.:)

Perspolise - Homa (1983)ali parveeen scored the equalizer in the 99th minute;)

I remember that game, when parvin scored, Bohlooli (Ref) was so happy that the announcer said, " I don't know why Mr. Bohlooli is cheering so much"

Perspolise - Esteghlaal (1983) attendance: 125 000

I was there (standing). That game had probabely the most exciting atmosphere. The game was delayed twice, and it was a very nice game, too.
Na'lchegar played reaaly well for S.S.

ml

Ball Boy
Oct 18, 2002
YePaDoPa said:
The biggest game of all time for me was Perspolise vs. Esteghlaal 1983. It was my first time attending a football game in Azadi. I had watched EsEs playing in Amjadiyeh prier to this game. However, the experience was nothing like this game. They estimated about 5000 people were sitting on the top wall around the stadium and a few hundred hanging from each light post.

The problem was I did not tell my parents were I was going, hoping that I would make it back to Evin(outside the wall) by 8:00 PM. With traffic and game delay I made it home around 1:00 PM. Sure enough my father was waiting for me and got bitten really bad!!!!! The interesting part is that I was already hooked and there was no way to call it a quit. I attended almost every ESES game for about 10 years before I left Iran. :cool:

The second best game was EsES vs. Darayee 7-0. It was very sweet because in the way back home we found out that PesPes had lost to Vahdat the bottom of the table team 2-1. :)

Cheers,

Actually, that day I was watching the other game (PesPes - Vahdat).
You may want to know some fact about that game which is probabely the biggest upset in clubs history in Iran

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
I have attended many games , just singling ouy few :

70's:
Iran 1 Israel 0 ( 74-Azadi-Asian games)
Iran 1 Iraq 0 (75-Azadi-Olympic qualifications)
Taj 3 pespes 1 (76-Azadi)
Taj 3 pespes 0 (77-Amjadiye)
Iran 2 Japan 0 ( javanan asia-azadi)
pespes1 abolomslem 0 ( goal by zADMEHR in minute 98! ) EVEN BACK THEN :)

90s and 00's:
Argentina 2 Romania 3 ( Rose Bowl-WC 94)
Iran 1 Canada 0 (toronto)

All Iran's US tour game in 2000

Couple of Azadegan/IPL games

And most importantly:
Shahrdari Tabriz 2 pespes 1 ( Tabriz , 1999! ) :)

ml

Ball Boy
Oct 18, 2002
biAzar said:
Would you care to share? Would appreciate it.

The fact was that,Vahdat had lost all previouse games and was the last team. I guess Pes Pes had won all its games. This made it look like a cake walk for Pes Pes. Vahdat scored first 2 goals and they had a chance to make it 3-0. 15 minutes left PesPes scored and the amount of pressure on Vahdat was like first half of Iran_Aussi game. Anyway, after that game, I believe, Vahdat did not loose any other game and the Reds always had problem against them.
A lot of good players (Ardestani, Ziaee, I guess Abtahi,...) were playing for that Vahdat team and if it was not for that game, they most probabely would have gone to the second division.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
ml said:
The fact was that,Vahdat had lost all previouse games and was the last team. I guess Pes Pes had won all its games. This made it look like a cake walk for Pes Pes. Vahdat scored first 2 goals and they had a chance to make it 3-0. 15 minutes left PesPes scored and the amount of pressure on Vahdat was like first half of Iran_Aussi game. Anyway, after that game, I believe, Vahdat did not loose any other game and the Reds always had problem against them.
A lot of good players (Ardestani, Ziaee, I guess Abtahi,...) were playing for that Vahdat team and if it was not for that game, they most probabely would have gone to the second division.
I only remember Abtahi and I think Ardestani from that team. Was Ardestani the guy with a beard (I think his first name was Mostafa?). One question...do you remember who the coach was? was it our own Majid Jalali?

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
ml said:
Actually, that day I was watching the other game (PesPes - Vahdat).
You may want to know some fact about that game which is probabely the biggest upset in clubs history in Iran
Yes, that's right and if I remember correctly, it was week 11 and the rest of that season and many more years to come EsEs fans used to say Vahdat Yadet Nareh, Vahdat Yadet Nareh!!! ;)

ml

Ball Boy
Oct 18, 2002
I think the coach was Jalali. Ardestani was a very good defender (yes the guy with beard). Mohammad Hossein Ziaee (another guy with beard) was very good midfielder with very strong shots. He was one of the main players in Shaheen team that was buildt a couple of years after that. Ardestani. later went to SS. The Vahdat team had kind of more religious atmosphere than other teams.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
ml said:
I think the coach was Jalali. Ardestani was a very good defender (yes the guy with beard). Mohammad Hossein Ziaee (another guy with beard) was very good midfielder with very strong shots. He was one of the main players in Shaheen team that was buildt a couple of years after that. Ardestani. later went to SS. The Vahdat team had kind of more religious atmosphere than other teams.
Thanks for the info.
True. He went to EsEs but was not there that long. And Ziaee went later on to "Vashasheh Majarestan".
I miss that EsEs team. Everything based on Taasob to the Blue Jersey :(

Feb 22, 2005
Iran Kuwait 1978 World Cup Qualification game in Tehran. Iran won 1 to 0. I think Gafoor Jahani scored the goal. I remember Iran had so many corners against Kuwait in that game.

ml

Ball Boy
Oct 18, 2002
lordofmordor said:
Iran Kuwait 1978 World Cup Qualification game in Tehran. Iran won 1 to 0. I think Gafoor Jahani scored the goal. I remember Iran had so many corners against Kuwait in that game.

Actually, the Goal kepper returned the ball that Parvin had crossed, it hit Ghafoor's foot, and went into the goal. Rowshan zaadeh was saying " Ghaffore jahaani, jaame jahaani,..."

That goal sent Iran to WC before the end of qualifications.

Oct 18, 2002
Iran vs US
(will never forget and also paid my ass off too hrr :)
Bayern vs Frankfurt (Augenthaler shot the goal of the millenium he was 5 meters behind the middlefield and shot a ball over the goalkeeper Uli Stein.will never forget...

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
biAzar said:
I have attended many games , just singling ouy few :

70's:
Iran 1 Israel 0 ( 74-Azadi-Asian games)
Iran 1 Iraq 0 (75-Azadi-Olympic qualifications)
Taj 3 pespes 1 (76-Azadi)
Taj 3 pespes 0 (77-Amjadiye)
Iran 2 Japan 0 ( javanan asia-azadi)
pespes1 abolomslem 0 ( goal by zADMEHR in minute 98! ) EVEN BACK THEN :)

90s and 00's:
Argentina 2 Romania 3 ( Rose Bowl-WC 94)
Iran 1 Canada 0 (toronto)

All Iran's US tour game in 2000

Couple of Azadegan/IPL games

And most importantly:
Shahrdari Tabriz 2 pespes 1 ( Tabriz , 1999! ) :)

You should attend more Iran games...They have hardly conceeded a goal when you have been present!

Feb 22, 2005
Thanks Ml. You are right. Gaffoor seemed to be able to situate himself in the right places. One would wonder what would have happend if he would have scored against Holland in 1978 in the 9th min where he barely missed reaching the ball. But what an attempt by him. I think, unfortuntely, Rowshan was missing due to injury in some of those games. Rowshan's goal against Peru was magnificent too. And of course his 2 goals against Korea.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
lordofmordor said:
Thanks Ml. You are right. Gaffoor seemed to be able to situate himself in the right places. One would wonder what would have happend if he would have scored against Holland in 1978 in the 9th min where he barely missed reaching the ball. But what an attempt by him. I think, unfortuntely, Rowshan was missing due to injury in some of those games. Rowshan's goal against Peru was magnificent too. And of course his 2 goals against Korea.
Dooste aziz ,I think the guy who missed that chance in Holland game was faraki ! he was useless even as a player ! but got in the back door ,just like now ! the other chance against Holland fell to Sadeghi who just missed the ball which went out close to their goal post! shame !:)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
ml said:
Actually, the Goal kepper returned the ball that Parvin had crossed, it hit Ghafoor's foot, and went into the goal. Rowshan zaadeh was saying " Ghaffore jahaani, jaame jahaani,..."

That goal sent Iran to WC before the end of qualifications.
That goal Ghafour scored against Kuwait was not the one which sent us to WC78 but the one he scored against Australia from a cross by Parvin !:)

ml

Ball Boy
Oct 18, 2002
oghabealborz said:
Dooste aziz ,I think the guy who missed that chance in Holland game was faraki ! he was useless even as a player ! but got in the back door ,just like now ! the other chance against Holland fell to Sadeghi who just missed the ball which went out close to their goal post! shame !:)
Actually, both missed. Ghafoor was going too fast and Faraki too slow. The ball went between them while the goal was empty.