what is the difference between ando and iranian maradona?!

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
andos got consistancy and is mentally ready, the iranian maradona is a lazy ass with nothing more then god given talent and skill (and a lot of it)

I like to know everyones opinion on this.....
Dont worry . wait till Ando screw up a couple of times then you shit on him too .

After all we are all Iranian .... We praised Mosadegh in the morning and shah in the afternoon
Karimi yesterday and ando today .. It was like yesterday when he scored a hat trick against china any you were all licking his balls ...who's next ? Hashemian ???

Nov 24, 2002
Leave the guy alone , as some said dont make hero one day and zero other day .i wasnt never a big fan of karimi but he brought us some joylike the rest . i dont give a shit if he didnt stand in front of older fan , he put his IPOD in or whatever . As shahin ( farsi-zaban) said if he was really kon-goshad he couldnt survive the hard traning of maghat last season . after his injury he wasnt the same player . last season he played almost 75% for a club which this year eliminated mardid and make the life terrible for Milan in CL this year .after all he played twice than vahid and daei in bayern ! for me he will still remain the most talented iranian player who didnt play in his full potential ,i have respect for any one who put the White or red iran jersy on and serve the country , we critisize is one side . hate some one is other story .

ali_karimi

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2004
Canada
Dont worry . wait till Ando screw up a couple of times then you shit on him too .

After all we are all Iranian .... We praised Mosadegh in the morning and shah in the afternoon
Karimi yesterday and ando today .. It was like yesterday when he scored a hat trick against china any you were all licking his balls ...who's next ? Hashemian ???

I agree with you 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000%. We always tend to love the person who is performing well in the present, and as soon as he stops
performing, we forget everything he's done for us, and start bashing him. It's just the
way we are, we're greedy, we want everything, but once we get it, we want even more. I guarantee some day we will be bashing the likes of Andranik and Nekounam.

Jun 18, 2005
I agree with you 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000%. We always tend to love the person who is performing well in the present, and as soon as he stops
performing, we forget everything he's done for us, and start bashing him. It's just the
way we are, we're greedy, we want everything, but once we get it, we want even more. I guarantee some day we will be bashing the likes of Andranik and Nekounam.
Karimi at his best didnt come close to what Ando is doing right now.

Most people who are upset with Karimi look at his performance and what he did for Iran in WorldCup. On and off the field.

While at the same time the likes of Ando played their hearts out for their country. Ando is where he is today for how he played in Germany. For his presence and passion. I am very happy for him. He is a true agha and he deserves where he is today.

Nov 24, 2002
Karimi at his best didnt come close to what Ando is doing right now.

Most people who are upset with Karimi look at his performance and what he did for Iran in WorldCup. On and off the field.

While at the same time the likes of Ando played their hearts out for their country. Ando is where he is today for how he played in Germany. For his presence and passion. I am very happy for him. He is a true agha and he deserves where he is today.
Dude i like ando , he is a hard working player , no doubt , but are you comparing karimi talent with ando .?
You tell me karimi didnt come close to ando .. Karimi play for one of the best european team , a team which most likely will make it to semi final of CL ! he was most of the time starter last season .
many said he failed in big moments!
-in 1998 his goal secured us to win asian game
-in 2004 if it wasnt because of his performance ( plus kia as well) TM wouldnt even make it to semi-final
- in 2005/06 wcq even he wasnt in his best but he was involoved in most of TM goals , remember many of our goals where from free kicks that karimi won ..!
name me another player in last 8years who played with karimi ( same time) who had same impact in TM .. Hashemian and that stop here ! ( with his important goals )
i guess is too early to say ando is better than karimi .( i guess there is no point to compare 2 different players , 2 differents style.if you talk about impact then still you should wait) so far ando had great game against mexico and portugal, he was invisable against angola since i didnt see much from him in TM ..

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
There is a big difference between Ando and Karimi. We never called Ando, "Asian Maradona" so he didnt become spoiled, big headed and full of himself. Ando was an unknown Armenian talent playing in Mashhad and proved his worth in WC and Bolton when he got a chance.

Karimi was always on spotlight,bc of his talent/moves/goals, so the expectations were higher from him compare to Ando.

But unfortunately, Karimi cares less about himself/his career than his fans do, whereas Ando cares alot about his daily improvements. This makes a big difference to take a player down to zero vs another player into a rising star in European league.

Jun 18, 2005
Dude i like ando , he is a hard working player , no doubt , but are you comparing karimi talent with ando .?
You tell me karimi didnt come close to ando .. Karimi play for one of the best european team , a team which most likely will make it to semi final of CL ! he was most of the time starter last season .
many said he failed in big moments!
-in 1998 his goal secured us to win asian game
-in 2004 if it wasnt because of his performance ( plus kia as well) TM wouldnt even make it to semi-final
- in 2005/06 wcq even he wasnt in his best but he was involoved in most of TM goals , remember many of our goals where from free kicks that karimi won ..!
name me another player in last 8years who played with karimi ( same time) who had same impact in TM .. Hashemian and that stop here ! ( with his important goals )
i guess is too early to say ando is better than karimi .( i guess there is no point to compare 2 different players , 2 differents style.if you talk about impact then still you should wait) so far ando had great game against mexico and portugal, he was invisable against angola since i didnt see much from him in TM ..
Daie played for Bayern when they made it to the ACL finals. Big deal. Sitting on the bench is different than playing for a given team. How is Bayern doing this season? Ranked 5th? One of the best teams in Europe? Pelizzzzzzzzzzz

Karimi played for Bayern after Ali and Vahid. Yea Vahid was a benchwarmer there but there were two Iranians there before him.

Ando on the other hand is making history. EPL starts. Two EPL goals! in his next to last start.

You should already know that in today's life talent isnt worth shit. Those who run and try to live up to their potential are the true winners. Thats a fact. Karimi could be as talented as Maradona but then again if he doesn live up to his talent he is not all that great.

Aug 26, 2005
This thread got me thinking. Wouldn't it be sweet if Karimi was bought by Big Sam? It would be a pretty good transfer. I think Karimi could do very well there. Good squad, good manager. A hamvatan there. One thing they don't really have is a true playmaker.

Feb 28, 2007
The big difference I see between the two is one being smart and football savvy and keen to learn (Ando) the other one is an indoor soccer player who does not understand outdoor football and is lost in real football leagues!

Karimi won't be successful in Spanish, Italian, or English League. Because he is a indoor player. I have seen many great dribblers that were not a successful player as a team player: Denilson is one! Do you all remember him. The other one is that Argentianian what was his name Ortega ?!!

We all were exsited about Karimi because of his dribbling skills. I only remember few games that Karimi has had impact in our team. it is not more than 5 games. In other games he was lost!

Also lack of education had to do with his mentality. On the contrary to Karimi, Ali Daie who did not have one tenth of his talent did by far better than him. And his game exceled by going to Europe. Merely because he has education. Going to college and graduate school changes the way you think about life in every aspect. Karimi has not even finished his high school. What do you expect from a besavad!

Karimi has made his money and he does not have the hunger to go to next level. He knows that he can back to acvarioum city (dubai) and make couple of million dollars a year and enjoy life.

Ali Karimi was a waste of talent.

On Saturday I watched Ando's game and I tell you that the goals he scored which were very professional was not all he did, he stoled the ball, he passed the ball, he tackle the opponent, he was all over. He is going to be the best player iran had along with Parvis "Kabir" Glichkhani. I bet my money on this.

Even, Kia, Vahid, Nekoonam, Minavand, Pasha and others did not have his talent and all are doing or did better than Karimi.

Karimi is a MOHREAYEH SOOKTEH. When he does not care why should we care?!

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
We have never ever had a player that comes anywhere close to Maradona.
I remember people comparing Azizi to Maradona in the 90s. What a load of crap.
Each time we see someone do some nice dribbles we start praising him to the hills.

Both Karimi and Ando are average players. Ando is doing a half decent job at the moment and had a lot of room for improvement. Let's give him time before going overboard.

Apr 4, 2007

ando is already achieved what no other iranian player has achieved before!!! so people who think about shitting on him are all stupid ... i am not sure if u gonna do that later on when he screws up ....
oh by the way karimi didn't score a hat trick against china... oh yeah u want me to to give u a homework?? go find it out mate lolz.. see bashin people becuz of one stupid mistake they make is damn wrong i hope u will learn that....
ps. it was against korea...

Feb 14, 2006

:iagree:

ando is already achieved what no other iranian player has achieved before!!! so people who think about shitting on him are all stupid ... i am not sure if u gonna do that later on when he screws up ....
oh by the way karimi didn't score a hat trick against china... oh yeah u want me to to give u a homework?? go find it out mate lolz.. see bashin people becuz of one stupid mistake they make is damn wrong i hope u will learn that....
ps. it was against korea...
Sorry IN CHINA I meant...I don't praise and I don't shit on anyone. Ando is like thousands other players,he gets paid to playfootball and he is not doing something out of this planet
He scored two goals or will score more or less does not really matter. He is an on form player and this is what important and he is a benefit for our football. Should he go down in year or two will not change my opinion as at this perid of time he is helping his both club and national as Karimi did few years ago and as Pious did a decade ago....

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
This thread got me thinking. Wouldn't it be sweet if Karimi was bought by Big Sam? It would be a pretty good transfer. I think Karimi could do very well there. Good squad, good manager. A hamvatan there. One thing they don't really have is a true playmaker.
I like the idea kaz ! and I also agree with Babre Mazandaran ,good post guys .

I like the idea kaz ! and I also agree with Babre Mazandaran ,good post guys .
What on earth makes you think karimi can play in england. Guys I swear to god because you are a football player it does not mean you are a universal player and can play anywhere... EPL vs Bundesliga whichone is tougher... Karimi needs to play in spain or france and Italy as the third choice. Somewherehe can manouver and run . Honestly the only team in England he can fit is Arsenal . Gunners are the only team that can run the ball on the ground instead of BadBadak Bazi .....