whats happening in ghom?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
lol,wow flood in desert-like Qom? now thats a clear sign of Global warming. too bad certain 'ppl' were not among Qom's casualties!!lol

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
lol,wow flood in desert-like Qom? now thats a clear sign of Global warming. too bad certain 'ppl' were not among Qom's casualties!!lol
lol true. Certain neocons(Neo Conservatives) in the USA will tell you that Global Warming is just a "Liberal scare tactic" and there is no Global warming. They also dismiss the scientists and call them "Liberal scientists." They really have the same mentality and intelligence as the Mullas in Iran.

This is really strange to see floods in a desert like Qom. I know global warming is happening this previous winter WE HAD SNOW IN LOS ANGELES.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
Well they have this river runing through the middle of the city thats alway dry. Buses actually use it as a terminal and parking for cars. Its more like a canal and its asphalt I think. So with just a couple of inches of rain there is gone be flood in qom. The soil isn't there and its not saturated to absorb the water. Thats why the water in the pictures is so dirty.

Oct 18, 2002
lol true. Certain neocons(Neo Conservatives) in the USA will tell you that Global Warming is just a "Liberal scare tactic" and there is no Global warming. They also dismiss the scientists and call them "Liberal scientists." They really have the same mentality and intelligence as the Mullas in Iran.

This is really strange to see floods in a desert like Qom. I know global warming is happening this previous winter WE HAD SNOW IN LOS ANGELES.
This particular incident has nothing to do with global warming. BTW the title "global warming" has been discredited. It is now called "climate change".

As Mehran said the river bank that goes through the city has been dried up for many years and now every time there is too much rain, flood happens.

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
This particular incident has nothing to do with global warming. BTW the title "global warming" has been discredited. It is now called "climate change".

As Mehran said the river bank that goes through the city has been dried up for many years and now every time there is too much rain, flood happens.
Ok from now on I'll call it "climate change" thank you for telling me that. I've actually been to the holy city of Qom by the way. Is there anything that we can do to fix this problem?

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
آینده نیوز: به رغم هشدارهای سازمان هواشناسی مبنی بر بارندگی شدید در قم، با مسافرت خارج از کشور استاندار قم در ایام نوروز که این شهر میزبان میلیونها گردشگر و زائر است، ستاد بحران در قم تا روز جاری شدن سیل تشکیل نشد و هماهنگی های لازم جهت امداد نهادهای نظامی با غیبت رییس شورای تامین استان صورت نگرفت.
بنابر آخرین اخبار تاکنون جنازه سه تن از قربانیان سیل کشف شده و چندین نفر مفقود هستند. همچنین بیش از 4 هزار راس دام به ارزش بیش از یک میلیارد تومان تلف شده و سه هزار منزل مسکونی آسیب جدی دیده اند. همچنین بخش اعظم تاسیسات و فعالیتهای انجام شده در رودخانه این شهر که با دهها میلیارد تومان هزینه ایجاد شده بودند تقریبا نابود شده اند.
این در حالی است که بارها کارشناسان نسبت به ضعف تاسیساتی رودخانه قم هشدار داده بودند و حتی پس از سیل چند سال قبل که شهرک پردیسان قم را با خسارت موجه کرد، اقدامی برای مهار آن صورت نگرفت.
اقدامات نمایشی استانداری قم در حالی صورت می گیرد که چالشها و مشکلات عمده این شهر همچنان پابرجاست.
به نظر می رسد استاندار قم که پیش از این به دلایلی از وزارت تعاون توسط رییس جمهور کنار گذاشته شد، با وجود نیروهای توانمند استان قادر به انجام حداقل فعالیتها در این شهر مهم کشور که سالانه میزبان میلیونها زائر وگردشگر داخلی وخارجی است نمی باشد و به رغم وجود حرم فاطمه معصومه(س)، مسجد جمکران و حوزه علمیه قم که موجب ترددهای فراوان به این شهر شده است امکانات زیربنایی و ساختاری آن به هیچ وجه قادر به پاسخ گویی به تقاضاهای فراوان نیست.