What's the dollar at now?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone knows? Is it going to decline to rise?
http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/mdc_currencies.html
Compared to the Euro it is good, the US dollar took a slight dip but it is still at 98.94 a -.12% change. I assume you are referring to the US dollar. Compared to the Euro it is good, the US dollar took a slight dip but it is still at 98.94 a -.12% change. I gave a link of the WSJ article for you to check out the US dollar, the Euro and other currencies. The value of the U.S. dollar is measured in three ways: exchange rates, treasury notes and foreign exchange reserves (the amount of dollars held by foreign countries). The most common is exchange rates, but you should be familiar with all three to understand where the dollar might be headed next. I like to read up on WSJ.

The Economist is also a good source as well. From my research I can say that e dollar is a safe haven during any global crisis. That means investors purchase U.S. Treasuries to avoid risk as the world recovers from the 2008 financial crisis and recession. The European Union still struggles to resolve the Greece debt crisis. This weakens demand for the euro, the world's second choice for a global currency. China's attempts to reform its economy slowed growth in 2014, pushing investors back into the dollar. Despite reforms, both China and Japan continue to purchase dollars to push the value of their own currencies down. This helps them boost exports by mWaking them cheaper. What that all means in English is investing in the dollar is a safe bet and preferred by foreign investors. If I have to pick I am going with the dollar is going to be stable. It might go slightly up or slightly down but no drastic shifts either way.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Thanks but I was interested about Iranian Rial not euro
http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/mdc_currencies.html
Compared to the Euro it is good, the US dollar took a slight dip but it is still at 98.94 a -.12% change. I assume you are referring to the US dollar. Compared to the Euro it is good, the US dollar took a slight dip but it is still at 98.94 a -.12% change. I gave a link of the WSJ article for you to check out the US dollar, the Euro and other currencies. The value of the U.S. dollar is measured in three ways: exchange rates, treasury notes and foreign exchange reserves (the amount of dollars held by foreign countries). The most common is exchange rates, but you should be familiar with all three to understand where the dollar might be headed next. I like to read up on WSJ.

The Economist is also a good source as well. From my research I can say that e dollar is a safe haven during any global crisis. That means investors purchase U.S. Treasuries to avoid risk as the world recovers from the 2008 financial crisis and recession. The European Union still struggles to resolve the Greece debt crisis. This weakens demand for the euro, the world's second choice for a global currency. China's attempts to reform its economy slowed growth in 2014, pushing investors back into the dollar. Despite reforms, both China and Japan continue to purchase dollars to push the value of their own currencies down. This helps them boost exports by mWaking them cheaper. What that all means in English is investing in the dollar is a safe bet and preferred by foreign investors. If I have to pick I am going with the dollar is going to be stable. It might go slightly up or slightly down but no drastic shifts either way.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks but I was interested about Iranian Rial not euro
Oh my bad buddy. http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=IRR
The latest news shows that 1 USD will get you 30,175 rials I do not know if that is good or bad because I am not familiar with Iran's currency. I can only speculate but with the ease of the sanctions and US about to give Iran money for the nuclear deal, I expect the rial to be stable. I don't know the Toman to Dollar right now but last time a family member was in Iran it was about 3700 toman to 1USD. The problem is this might just be temporary and I really would not trust foreign currency, unless it comes from a stable country and I would not consider Iran very stable. That is all I got for you I think one of our Iranian economics experts here can answer you better, this is really not my area. I can talk to you about the Euro and US Dollar but as for Iranian Rial or economy, I can give you basic information. I hope that helps buddy. At least I was able to find something.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
That's not what you get in the streets.
Oh my bad buddy. http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=IRR
The latest news shows that 1 USD will get you 30,175 rials I do not know if that is good or bad because I am not familiar with Iran's currency. I can only speculate but with the ease of the sanctions and US about to give Iran money for the nuclear deal, I expect the rial to be stable. I don't know the Toman to Dollar right now but last time a family member was in Iran it was about 3700 toman to 1USD. The problem is this might just be temporary and I really would not trust foreign currency, unless it comes from a stable country and I would not consider Iran very stable. That is all I got for you I think one of our Iranian economics experts here can answer you better, this is really not my area. I can talk to you about the Euro and US Dollar but as for Iranian Rial or economy, I can give you basic information. I hope that helps buddy. At least I was able to find something.

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
as of today $1=3620 toman which is 100 toman higher than last month , so dont expect the dollar value to go down after sanctions are lifted
صرافی المپیک

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
There will be no decline in the price of dollar/Rial. In fact, there can only be a rise as the government is the dominant holder of foreign currency and is desperate for cash following a huge decline in oil prices.

Dollar will be at 4000 by Eid. that's my prediction.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
There will be no decline in the price of dollar/Rial. In fact, there can only be a rise as the government is the dominant holder of foreign currency and is desperate for cash following a huge decline in oil prices.

Dollar will be at 4000 by Eid. that's my prediction.
Could even be more if oil tans further.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
if this government had an ounce of sanity and guts they would allow Rial
to slowly devalue and go all the way to something like 10,000 tooman.

Even in villages people are not weaving Carpet any more. The entire industry is being bankrupted.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
if this government had an ounce of sanity and guts they would allow Rial
to slowly devalue and go all the way to something like 10,000 tooman.

Even in villages people are not weaving Carpet any more. The entire industry is being bankrupted.
Oh they have sanity, but their sanity goes against filling up the right pockets and jeopardizes their position. Sanity has no place in that insane country.

Every one of those idiots knows that Iran is ripe for a manufacturing and labor boom. Riper than many east Asian and South American countries, but it will upset the importing cult that has destroyed Iran's economy.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Oh they have sanity, but their sanity goes against filling up the right pockets and jeopardizes their position. Sanity has no place in that insane country.

Every one of those idiots knows that Iran is ripe for a manufacturing and labor boom. Riper than many east Asian and South American countries, but it will upset the importing cult that has destroyed Iran's economy.
The sad part is there are plenty of talented and capable people in Iran to revive the economy however, due to government forces they cannot reach their full potential. That is why Iranians are successful everywhere in the world BUT Iran. There are many countries and groups of people like that. The Indians are very similar, they are successful everywhere but India. The elite will get their pockets filled, actually many countries are like that even western nations, it is just not as in your face.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

What's sad is the freaking educated class of Iran in Iran and abroad is so pro a strong Rial. all they care about is empty consumerism.

if the Rial stays so strong soon enough it would not even be worthwhile to build bricks in Iran. you have to import that shit from Afghanistan and Iraq.

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010

Daash BT you are talking about Iranians and not Chinese,indians or even afghans, don't forget the Factor of koon goshaadi, that over rules any other parameters like pride, ....

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
That's not what you get in the streets.
What do you get on the streets my man? Last time I was in Iran was the summer of the WC2006, after I watched them in Germany. I am sure you can go to that place where the dudes are on the phone and you can get a better deal there in that one market. I know you know where I am referring to a bunch of these guys are on phones constantly calling Kuwait getting the latest update. Fill me in buddy, last time I was in Iran was almost a decade ago, pre Navy/USMC days. It's been a while. Also, good call on the Koongoshad us Iranians have a Ph.D in that field of study, Magna Cum Lade graduates as well.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I finally had some time to read the article and I really like what the gentleman said here.
Whether a strong rial is a good thing for Iran’s economy is a different issue. I happen to think not. Iran can only grow now by encouraging local production — increase its non-oil exports and reduce imports — and to do so the rial needs to reflect the productivity of Iranian workers relative to the rest of the world. I see no reason why that should have increased by 38% in the last three years.

It is a nice comprehensive summary of the dollar and the rial.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I finally had some time to read the article and I really like what the gentleman said here.
Whether a strong rial is a good thing for Iran’s economy is a different issue. I happen to think not. Iran can only grow now by encouraging local production — increase its non-oil exports and reduce imports — and to do so the rial needs to reflect the productivity of Iranian workers relative to the rest of the world. I see no reason why that should have increased by 38% in the last three years.

It is a nice comprehensive summary of the dollar and the rial.
So you think that the whole purpose of nuclear deal was to actually improve Iran's economy for average joe on the street !!
Increase non-oil exports !!
Reduce Imports !!
Increase local production !!
I am speechless

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
So you think that the whole purpose of nuclear deal was to actually improve Iran's economy for average joe on the street !!
Increase non-oil exports !!
Reduce Imports !!
Increase local production !!
I am speechless
Dude I am not an IDIOT here I know that just improving Iran's economy was not the deal and when did I ever say that the nuclear deal was for the average Iranian? The nuclear deal were good for the elite mullahs and not the average Iranian Joe or perhaps I should say the average Iranian "Hamid." Increasing local production and reducing imports are a result of the nuclear deal but the nuclear deal was made due to POLITICS. Iran's powers to be decided to sit at the table with the United States because the sanctions were doing it's job, Iran's economy was crippled by the sanctions. If Iran's economy was good, we would not even be having this conversation because Iran would not have joined the table.
Also, with these things there usually are some backdoor deals made that the media does not know about. The media only reports on the news that is given to them and do you really think the USA and Iran are going to reveal all of their cards? Again, I am not an idiot when it comes to politics my friend I know how politics in that region are. It is NEVER what it seems for face value but what the person in this article said was still true. Iran needs to work on their non oil revenue and not rely too much on oil. Again, I know that was not your intent but I just want to point out I read a book or two and took more than one class on foreign politics. It's not like I am some 18 yo kid and I am taking my first Poly Sci class.

Last edited: