Which asian team will do the best in the WC 2010 ?

sarbaz

Bench Warmer
Nov 6, 2002
I say S.korea will come out of thier group and do very well.I am telling you guys,we will all see how S.korea is the best asian football team and that Iran's WCQ group was realy the toughest one.
Australia,Japan and N.Korea will not make it out to the elimination rounds.

Maly

Ball Boy
May 31, 2004
my pronostic is North Korea ...

Their way of playing and their tactic will neutralize many big teams who are not used to plays against them.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Realisticly speaking None
SK and Australia have a remote chance
NK will be bagged

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
ME I don't fully agree..IMO realistically speaking:
North Korea has no chance at all and just has to make the losses as small as possible.
Australia has the toughest group. Germany is the favourite, Serbia's a strong team and Ghana's unpredictable. They'll be fighting for 2nd place, although I think Serbia's stronger. They have to hope for Serbia's lack of scoring ability to show. They can beat an inexperienced Ghana side, but it's a difficult group and it'll be tough for Australia to go through and I don't think they will.
Japan's group is simple: Holland will win it, the other 3 will fight for 2nd spot. And all 3 are more or less of the same level IMO. So Japan has a good chance if things go their way, and they can just as well be 4th if things don't (just like Denmark and Cameroon).
South Korea has the easiest group of the Asian teams. Argentina is by far the favourite, but South Korea has a good chance of finishing 2nd. Nigeria is not impressive and also doesn't have their best player, and Greece is also beatable for them.
In short: North Korea is chanceless, Australia's group is too hard, Japan has a 1 in 3 chance and South Korea's has the best chance of going through.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
ME I don't fully agree..IMO realistically speaking:
North Korea has no chance at all and just has to make the losses as small as possible.
Australia has the toughest group. Germany is the favourite, Serbia's a strong team and Ghana's unpredictable. They'll be fighting for 2nd place, although I think Serbia's stronger. They have to hope for Serbia's lack of scoring ability to show. They can beat an inexperienced Ghana side, but it's a difficult group and it'll be tough for Australia to go through and I don't think they will.
Japan's group is simple: Holland will win it, the other 3 will fight for 2nd spot. And all 3 are more or less of the same level IMO. So Japan has a good chance if things go their way, and they can just as well be 4th if things don't (just like Denmark and Cameroon).
South Korea has the easiest group of the Asian teams. Argentina is by far the favourite, but South Korea has a good chance of finishing 2nd. Nigeria is not impressive and also doesn't have their best player, and Greece is also beatable for them.
In short: North Korea is chanceless, Australia's group is too hard, Japan has a 1 in 3 chance and South Korea's has the best chance of going through.
Very good evaluation, I think it is the most even world cup I can remember. Exclude a handful big names and then for second tier teams you can't really name the real favs. Yet, it is not that hard to say it is not the Asian team in the group.
For several reasons, my prediction is that this is going to be a very physical world cup with less chance for Asians, we shall wait and see.