Who has been the best coach Iran has ever had?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Heshmat Mohajerani by far .

His team was unbeaten in Asia and Oceania . He took Iran to Olympic games and the world cup ,reaching quarter finals in Olympics and showing promising talent in their world cup debut .

Iran 1978 team is the strongest of all time and they proved it was no fluke holding the world champions Argentina and beating France in a warm up game or narrowly losing 3-2 to third team in world cup 1974 .

Special mention should also go to Hossein Fekri , Parviz Dehdari ,Frank O'farrell ,Rykoff who also had a tremendous impact on our football .

Nov 29, 2002
branko is the worst BY FAR

i consider a good coach someone who played good football and set up a legacy. does anyone have my post for 100 reasons that branko is the worst coach? it was from a while back

Best coaches:

1) Mohajerani and Ivic
3) O'Farrell
4) Blazevic
5) Dehdari

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2002
usa
as for irani he has to be ,bahman- slaeh-nia creator of malavan.
as for khareji o'farel and ivic .
now we have bunch.as a matter a fact most coaches in iff are decent .

Feb 21, 2004
branko is the worst BY FAR

i consider a good coach someone who played good football and set up a legacy.

best was mohajerani and ivic

good mention to blazevic and o'farrell
Could not be agreed more in respect to Branco.
When it comes to Mohjerani although I believe he was a good coach, but the biggest contributor factor to his success was the fact that Iran had the best run of Jame Takhteh Jamshid for several years. Basically we have to look and see who was in charge of football federation at the time.
I still think Parviz Dehdari and Ivic were the best ones considering the poor program of Iran football at the time they were in charge.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Could not be agreed more in respect to Branco.
When it comes to Mohjerani although I believe he was a good coach, but the biggest contributor factor to his success was the fact that Iran had the best run of Jame Takhteh Jamshid for several years. Basically we have to look and see who was in charge of football federation at the time.
I still think Parviz Dehdari and Ivic were the best ones considering the poor program of Iran football at the time they were in charge.
You are right about takhte jamshid league . we had some of the best footballers who technique wise were on par with the best in the world .

But it was very important to have a cohesive and united squad with so many talented players and Mohajerani was very strong in that department .

Parvin , Sadeghi ,Ghasempour ,Danayeefar ,Rowshan ,Nazari ,Eskandarian ,Abdollahi ...

each on of them were worth more than their weight in gold !
a lot more than most of todays players in terms of football .

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
Mayeli Kohan without a doubt

I think if he had stayed the Islamic Republic would've won the WC in 2006 and then given the trophy and all their medals to the Palestinians. Daei would also have a beard by now if MK had stayed.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
iran zamin,i can't believe that,the guy with that high level of intelligent put branco on top of the list.i think you have been sarcastic .

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
In after revolution time it has to be Branko.

He served the longest.
Asian Games Gold
Asian Cup Bronze
WC qualification.
As best, ranked 17th in FIFA
Lost only 2 competitive games to Asian opponents in 4-5 years ( Jordan home and Japan away)

Having said that, Branko had an awful WC. Out maneuvered by La Volpe and he failed to deal with the internal problems.

During his spell, Iran had a pretty efficient but unattractive national team.

P

PERSPOLIS4LIFE

In after revolution time it has to be Branko.

He served the longest.
Asian Games Gold
Asian Cup Bronze
WC qualification.
As best, ranked 17th in FIFA
Lost only 2 competitive games to Asian opponents in 4-5 years ( Jordan home and Japan away)

Having said that, Branko had an awful WC. Out maneuvered by La Volpe and he failed to deal with the internal problems.

During his spell, Iran had a pretty efficient but unattractive national team.
How can it be branko if he had an awful WC?
I think jalale talebi is by far better than branko!