Who is the best MordehKhor (Cherry Picker) in TM history?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Mazloumi is the greatest opportunist that we have had. Frustrated low football IQ fans, as is the norm in our culture, had to put a negative twist to it and call it mordekhor...

He was smart enough to be in the right place at the right time and put himself in the position. Now if taht is morde khori , be it...

Farshad pious was another good one at that.

About Mazloumi... I don't think I have ever seen anyone (that includes Borhani) to have missed easy goals, one on ones..I have actually seen him couple of times dribbling the goalie and still miss the empty net. But he would offset that by making hard to score or almost impossible goals. I saw him score on pespes on a header from the left edge of 18 box, only a game after he missed an empty net against daraii .
LOL ! I saw him score one for Shahbaz from the edge of the box with his head too ! he was good in the air and good with both feet .

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
finally jan: personally,although I AM TAJI,but I am not a fenatic fan,there is no doubt safar iranpaak,homayoun behzadi,kalani,were great,not only they were not mordekhor,but also great football players of all time,and I do not think any body at this time except ali daei,could have reached them,about mazloumi same thing he was one of the greatest at his time,that is why he was known as the vulture at his era....but even comparing those players with each other is also a big mistake,they had different styles,systems,and great strikers,believe me or not,if I had to choose 3 players out of 4,I could not choose 3 of them for sure,because all 4 were great and it was a tough task to put one of them aside,...
now,personally I do not agree with word (mordekhor),in football,this word produced by the team opponents which were very jealous of the others,but in reality,these players are opportunistic,they get an oppurtunity and they score a goal,either from a dead ball,or .....
Gerd Muller,was one of the example,see world cup final in 74,he did not do anything,except he got a ball and scored!! this was the only thing he did at final!!! he was not a mordekhor but a real oppurtunistic...
2)BTW,this was my personal opinion,and it does not mean what I said was correct.this was my experience I got from soccer as a soccer fan....but I am happy to hear more about your opinions too....
I agree with most of what you mentioned. But looking at the title of this thread, I still believe Mazloomi holds the title. Morde Khor or Vulture are not necessary a bad thing. It just means what it means.

Oct 18, 2010
ali daei.you don't score that many goals without being a good cherrypicker/vulture or whatever persian name you want to call him.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
A mordekhor striker used to be a requirement for the defensive-minded teams of the past.

At some point (early 80s to mid 90s), Italians with their defensive game inspired all weaker teams around the world to focus on "not conceding" instead of scoring. This posed a big problem for the game as less and less chances were getting created. That's when "Mordkhor" players started to shine. They would stick around the opponent's box the whole game waiting for an opportunity to take a shot. They wouldn't even do much in terms of pressing. They'd just walk around. Their teams essentially played with 10 or 9 men at times (some teams had 2 mordekhors upfront!).

However, with the rise of complex tactics and fast wingers, the offside traps became increasingly high in depth. This became an issue for slow mordekhor players that couldn't keep up with the speed of thorough balls and the crazy runs of wingers. Managers also started demanding strikers to take part in pressing which left less stamina for mordekhori.

The perfect anti-mordekhor has evolved into a few players like Drogba (massively contributing striker), Rooney and Villa. These players took the striker role to a whole new level.
Before there was any Drogna, Rooney or Villa there was strikers like Batistuta, Ravanelli, Vieri, Morientes that were very highly contributing striker, Ibra also should be there.
But nobody can be as good as Inzaghi in mordekhoori and I always thought Majidi is the closest striker we have to him.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
LOL ! reminds me of artesh e bist millioni ...!
I don't know if you have seen the movie directed by Bahman Farman Ara called " khaneye rooye aab " (خانه ی روی ِ آب). there is a scene in it where this pregnant woman goes to the doctor.it turns out that she has borne many children and is about to have another one.and the doctor turns to the couple and says :

شماها از حرفهای ِ امام فقط تشکیل ِ ارتش ِ بیست میلیونی را فهمیدید

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Before there was any Drogna, Rooney or Villa there was strikers like Batistuta, Ravanelli, Vieri, Morientes that were very highly contributing striker, Ibra also should be there.
But nobody can be as good as Inzaghi in mordekhoori and I always thought Majidi is the closest striker we have to him.
Batistuta, Ravanelli, Vieri, Morientes and all strikers prior to the new generation still had some of the Mordekhori characteristics in them. These days, a morde-khor striker will not survive the game.

After today's game, I'm convinced that Drogba is the striker closest to perfect.