who is the ideal replacement for RVP?

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
Seiously, if Arsene decides not to buy, someone should go chop off his french balls

So the question is, who will be the ideal backup for 6 months with adequate experience to do the job. They definately need someone who is not cup-tied, and not another 18 year old prospect...

Someone similar to RVP that has good shooting, passing, technique, speed and agility...

For me, I think the best and quickest solution to this is to get back Thierry Henry.. at least on loan or some kind of deal LA Galaxy does with AC Milan for Beckham. As for Thierry himself, he also needs playing time for WC 2010, and this can be a motivation. He honestly has his mission accomplished at Barca. Get the FIFA Club World Cup and get your ass back to Arsenal. He is cup-tied, but still worth it. This is honestly the best possible thing that can ever happen to the club at the moment.

Last edited:

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
another important note is that they need to replace Alex Song, and that is another difficult homework for Arsene during the winter...

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
Get Van Nistelrooy in the januray. First he is not cup tie. he knows EPL well. He is fresh off injury ( knee surgery) . and the most most most important thing he needs game time as he want to be a part of van Marwijk's team in the World Cup.
Nistelrooy is not the type of player Van Persie is, though i believe it would be a smart pick as he can bring many goals.

Aug 26, 2005
Pfft...what a question; Bendtner. He'll be back soon and is probably better than Gerrard too.

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007
great coach but always fails to take care of details like this that make or break a season. They should have picked up at least huntelaar

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
they need someone fast who could also hold the ball.

wait for 4 months and then get benzema from real... :D
Giuseppe Rossi is another option.
anyways, Henry is the best solution, cup-tied or not..

Pfft...what a question; Bendtner. He'll be back soon and is probably better than Gerrard too.
dude is that Lucas on ur display picture? hes so shit he makes Gerrard look good.

Aug 26, 2005
He's so shit he's owned United twice and will own your midfield come 2 weeks time ;). And then you can say he is better than Gerrard too. Or maybe Song will have a good game and he'll be the better-than-Gerrard flavour of the month.

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
He's so shit he's owned United twice and will own your midfield come 2 weeks time ;). And then you can say he is better than Gerrard too. Or maybe Song will have a good game and he'll be the better-than-Gerrard flavour of the month.
he's brilliant at own goals. hope he plays.
Lucas is embarrassing, how Rafa sees him as someone who can play the role of Alonso is beyond me..
Lucas, Benitez and Gerrard combined are getting flushed down the toilet by next year. Let them enjoy the Europa League while it lasts. :D

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
damn what's with all the hating on Gerrard :D
and no RvN should only go back to 1 place after Real and that's back home to PSV ;). He wouldn't want to go to Arsenal just to be a temporary solution to anything, I believe. Perhaps one of the Bayern strikers who have ended up on the bench (Toni, Gomez)? Or Chamakh (Wenger has been interested in him for some time, if I'm not wrong)?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Seiously, if Arsene decides not to buy, someone should go chop off his french balls
lool,hey Amir before u touch my Amoo Wenger's French balls, trust on the Special man's upcoming purchase!:)

Wenger: Arsenal aims to buy cover for Van Persie
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-arsenal-wenger&prov=ap&type=lgns

I really like buying Henry idea. on loan or not, it'd be a great deal for Arsenal. He still is head and shoulder above all our non-injured strikers. I wished we could get David Villa though, even for a temp loan..I mean its not like he is gonna win any silverware with Valencia this season..

Last edited:

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
lool,hey Amir before touch my Amoo Wenger's French balls, trust on the Special man's upcoming purchase!:)

I really like buying Henry idea. on loan or not, it'd be a great deal for Arsenal. He still is head and shoulder above all our non-injured strikers. I wished we could get David Villa though, even for a temp loan..I mean its not like he is gonna win any silverware with Valencia this season..
Valencia wouldn't sell him to Barça and Real last summer (unless they paid a huge price), so I don't think it's likely they'll let their best player go on loan to another club (quite rightly) ;)
Arsenal does want Balotelli from Inter tho, however that's more of a replacement for Adebayor as far as I've read.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Valencia wouldn't sell him to Barça and Real last summer (unless they paid a huge price), so I don't think it's likely they'll let their best player go on loan to another club (quite rightly) ;)
Arsenal does want Balotelli from Inter tho, however that's more of a replacement for Adebayor as far as I've read.
yeah ofcourse Valencia doesnt want to let him go, considering David Silva will be out for a while too.

yeah heard about Balotelli report, but his agent has apparently said he wont leave Inter? he is still not a perfect replacement for RVP. there is always a risk of him not being able to settle down in EPL as fast as Wenger wants until end of season..

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
lool,hey Amir before touch my Amoo Wenger's French balls, trust on the Special man's upcoming purchase!:)

well good news is he is going for somebody, at last!!
bad news is, he probably wont get the ideal replacement. chamakh is a big gamble, i mean who knows, whether it takes time for him to settle and score, whether he can fill in RVPs shoes, or whther he is even good enough to play football in the premiership (remember he is coming from France)
plus, he is already cup-tied.

Thierry Henry is cup-tied too, but can settle down and deputise faster and better than any other player. If there is a possibility of him moving to Man City in the winter, then Arsenal should also step in. and honestly, looking at the transfer values over the past year or so (Kaka 55m, Ronaldo 80m, Aguero 100m!!).. for 16.25m, Arsenal were really robbed off.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
well Agüero only cost Atlético 23 million euros (unless you mean how much Man City were planning to pay for him?) :D but I get your point lol. 16million pounds was way too little for a player of Henry's calibre, but I guess he really wanted to go to Barcelona himself and the club didn't want to get in his way considering everything he had done for them.