Who should play next to Rezaei?

Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
Normally I would say that at this point if Nosrati was in game shape he would be the one to play in central defense next to Rezaei but with the way Jalal Hosseini has been playing and considering nosrati has not played any games for about 4 months I would let Hosseini start. Once Rezaei retires the job needs to be handed to Jalal Hosseini. No if's and but's!
What do you think?

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
I say let's see at least how energetic and focused Nosrati looks against Jamaica and Malaysia, but don't start him against Ghana (maybe bring him in), and we'll see from there :)

Aug 26, 2005
I think Hosseini is a better choice than Sadeghi because he has a much more level-head. In saying that, Sadeghi is a good LCB too.

Feb 28, 2007
Rezaie is not that great, believe me. I would start Aghili and Hussaini, two young lads with lots of ANGIZEH.

but since Rezaie will start I would put Hussaini along side him, if not him then Aghili.

No way I would invite Sadeghi who is a liability as defender. Two many stupid tackles which ends to a red card. Some on should teach this lad how to tackle. i tackle better than him. this idiot just goes for the leg.

Nosrati is not fit and I do not know why they want to take him. another bad decision by GN.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
I have had my eyes on Hosseini for some time and he proved me right in WAFF games.
He will start next to Rezaei and after Asian Cup, he will take Rezaie's spot as a fixture. We found the general of D for the future. He kinda reminds me of the Italian captain. If Rezaie doesn't perform well in the group stage then we may see Nosrati and Hosseini in the next round.

Go Iran, bring the Cup home.

Nov 19, 2005
i think if we play with three defenders, we should play with rezaei, hosseini, and sadeghi. I just dnt think nosrati will be ready after being injured for such a long time. Its too risky to play him in such big tournament.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Hadi Aghili or Jalal Hoseini. Sadeghi has a hot head. Rezai hasn't been great lately so I would go with Aghili & Hoseini.

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
i dont understand this, rezaei has had a very poor season with his club and national team. i understand he plays in italy, but seriously who gives a fuck when he didnt get to play much, and more importantly did some horrendous mistakes that cost his team more than once..

UNLESS we see a rezaei of 4-5 years ago today, i think hosseini and nosrati make a better combination

Nov 19, 2005
well amir jan havnt u heard how ghalenoei said rezaei seems very fit and has been doing very well in the training. rezaei is amazing, he is very solid and rarely makes mistake that nosrati sometimes makes, and he keeps everyone in order something nosrati nor hosseini will be able to do.

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
When Rezai is fit he is amazing, but for his club. Not for Iran. I don't care if he is goddamn Fabio Cannavaro for Livorno if he is going to do for Iran what he did against Mexico and Belarus. But yes, he is the best we have other than Nosrati when he is in form!

I don't like any of the others. Hosseini is slower than that Maldivian kid. Remember? That was embarassing. Sadeghi won't be a good performer at high levels until he learns that the 18-yard box isn't a wrestling rink.

That defender from the UAE should have been heavily fined for what he did to Nosrati.