who should/will arsenal sell/buy in summer?

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
who should they sell?
1- Denilson
2- Eboue
3- Silvestre
4- Adebayor

i would give Song and Diaby another year.

Denilson doesnt seem good enough for EPL let alone Arsenal...

as for Eboue, there are much better players arsenal have and arsenal can potentially get, and even though credit cant be taken away from him because he has brought a lot to the club, i think its time for arsenal to sell a player like him.

Silvestre, piece of rubbish.. no other comments

Adebayor, ideal player to get good money for a valuable defender or midfielder. besides, enough forwards are available.

who should they buy?
1- Yaya Toure
2- Ricardo Carvalho
3- Maicon

Yaya Toure, a much needed energetic and in-form player at the peak of his career. The perfect defensive midfielder.

Carvalho... besides the vast experience and having already played alongside Gallas, he is a leading example to bring confidence to the team and i really hope they get him.

Maicon, although Bacary Sagna is a good enough right back, Maicon will make the backbone of the team solid enough. Bacary would contribute to the depth of bench then.

who WILL they buy?
1- Xabi Alonso/Yaya Toure
2- Brede Hangeland/Matthew Upson

Last edited:

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Dude,

Denilson is an integral part of your team in the future according to Wenger. So there is no way that he leaves especially considering his age.

Eboue is a possibility. But I doubt if anyone makes a decent offer.

Silvestre!!! Wenger bought him for $750K and I don't think he has a better re-sell value and he is a decent back up. But him leaving would also depend on Sendores' situation with Milan as he could potentially return to Emirates.

Adebayor will most likely leave. Milan and Chelsea seem to be interested. Barca could also renew their interest, but according to a Guardian report from a while ago, they are targeting the fragile RVP!!!

Wenger needs to add some experience and steel to this team. He made a huge mistake by letting Gilberto Silva to leave the club. But to be fair, Song has emerged to be a real gem in midfeild. So one more addition to the midfield with the required experience and toughness should be enough.

As for signing new players, I think Wenger would go for Santa Cruz or Kenwyne Jones of Sunderland. But keep in mind City and Tottenham are also in the race for the two.

Also, if Barca renew their interest in Adeb, then Eto'o coming to Emirates is a possibility.

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
Bendtner is the first one who should go. He should leave today. Even tomorrow is late for this wannabe forward. And he should take Adebayor with him.

Aug 19, 2006
hmm... tough one but i think we should sell the following:
1. Adeboyor-we can make real good money off him since in my opinion he is way overated
2. Gallas- just cuz of what he did in midseason...i don't think its good for the team
3. Silvestre- however biased it may sound, i just don't like him.

Also remember that from loan we'll get back Philip Senderos and Armand Traore (>>gibbs)

So in general i think we only need two purchases. 1 defender (something along the lines of Bayern's Demichelis will do for me) and 1 midfielder (a DM like Sporting's Miguel Veloso!)

Last edited:

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
I think Veloso is a good DM if Arsene can buy him at reasonable price.

No way Alonso leaves Liverpool.

Last edited:

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
in his recent interview (i think it took place a few days after the man u game) wenger suggested he will buy 2-3 experienced players this summer (2 defense, 1 defensive midfielder).
as far as letting go of anybody i dont recall him mentioning names but by the way things looks Adeboyor and Eboue are likely to be scratched.

pesech

Ball Boy
May 16, 2009
sell: Silvestre without a doubt one of the worst signings this year.

Buy: Gareth Barry ???!?!? how bout some expirience for a change..

i doubt arsene will buy any players though, he has so many players that he bought from last year that havent made a impact but are ready to do so, such as the likes of willshire, amaury bischoff, ramsey, and few others.

couple of players that are on loan might be coming back, senderos, traore, van den berg, and few more.

plus god knows when rosicky's gonna come back.

arsenal have loads of players, so i dont see why wenger will be spending this summer, unless it has something to do with expirience.

They need a defensive midfield, so I'm told, so I think that they should go for Javad Nekounam or Andranik! And they also need a right sided player such as Shojaei to help them get a trophy next season.

...Almunia...
Sagna..Toure..Gallas..Gibbs
Arshavin..Nekounam..Andranik..Masoud..Walcott
David Villa (to replace Adebayor?)

I'm in my fantasy land at the moment, as you can see!!

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
They need a defensive midfield, so I'm told, so I think that they should go for Javad Nekounam or Andranik! And they also need a right sided player such as Shojaei to help them get a trophy next season.

...Almunia...
Sagna..Toure..Gallas..Gibbs
Arshavin..Nekounam..Andranik..Masoud..Walcott
David Villa (to replace Adebayor?)

I'm in my fantasy land at the moment, as you can see!!
dast be dast mikhay yekari kone arsenalam mesle newcastle relegate koni

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Bendtner is the first one who should go. He should leave today. Even tomorrow is late for this wannabe forward. And he should take Adebayor with him.
THANK YOU! Anyone watching Bendtner week in week out will consent that Bendtner should leave. he is a useless idiot infront of empty net. Danish version of Khatibi..The problem is, who would step in to buy him?

Please we should sell, in my opinion:

1-Adebayor
2- Bendtner
3- Gallas(if we are to get an experienced replacement though)
4- Eboue (again only if we are to bring a proven player)

I'd buy Santa Cruz or even Zhaki as forwards, De Rossi, Gourcuff, Maicon or Alonso would be awesome as midfielders. Lescott would be a great replacement for Eboue, Fulham's Hangeland and Jagielka are also great as centre-back.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
If, Arsene Wenger remains the head coach for next season and does not get lured away to Real Madrid, then i think Arsenal should look into couping the likes of Courcuff & Hatem Ben Afra who are in my opinion 2 very realistic transfer targets..

With a reported transfer budget of below $20 million next year, i doubt Wenger can bring in any "real" big player.

Juventus star Giovonco is a target, but even he, is a tough one, and i doubt Juventus will sell.

If they sell Adebayor. Wenger should look into snatching up either Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg ( who he has already expressed interest in ), or maybe someone like Balotelli from Inter or Quagrellia from Udinese, or a usual suspect in Mario Gomez from Stuttgart who was linked with Arsenal few months ago.

You can sit here and name names all day long, but the fact is..

Wenger wont have much to spend, and id be surprised to see any big names arriving to Arsenal next season.

In fact, i fear they are on the verge of loosing big names such as Fabregas, Adebayor, Toure & maybe even Robert Van Persie.
Lets see how things turn out for Arsenal, but thing's are definitely not looking bright.

Aug 19, 2006
If, Arsene Wenger remains the head coach for next season and does not get lured away to Real Madrid, then i think Arsenal should look into couping the likes of Courcuff & Hatem Ben Afra who are in my opinion 2 very realistic transfer targets..

With a reported transfer budget of below $20 million next year, i doubt Wenger can bring in any "real" big player.

Juventus star Giovonco is a target, but even he, is a tough one, and i doubt Juventus will sell.

If they sell Adebayor. Wenger should look into snatching up either Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg ( who he has already expressed interest in ), or maybe someone like Balotelli from Inter or Quagrellia from Udinese, or a usual suspect in Mario Gomez from Stuttgart who was linked with Arsenal few months ago.

You can sit here and name names all day long, but the fact is..

Wenger wont have much to spend, and id be surprised to see any big names arriving to Arsenal next season.

In fact, i fear they are on the verge of loosing big names such as Fabregas, Adebayor, Toure & maybe even Robert Van Persie.
Lets see how things turn out for Arsenal, but thing's are definitely not looking bright.
Gourcuff, giovinco, dzeko, and Ben Arfa? and why would we need them when we have the likes of rosicky(next year), arshavin, van persie, and nasri?

Our problem isn't our offense our offensive midfielders. We're good in that department. We need to spend money and snatch up 2 decent experienced defensive players.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Gourcuff, giovinco, dzeko, and Ben Arfa? and why would we need them when we have the likes of rosicky(next year), arshavin, van persie, and nasri?

Our problem isn't our offense our offensive midfielders. We're good in that department. We need to spend money and snatch up 2 decent experienced defensive players.
well if we sell Adebayor-Bendtner, we need to bring a new forward. VPR gets injured a lot, same as Eduardo, so we'd be left with Vela only! + about attacking midfielders, Rosicky just got back from 14 months of injury lay-off and probably just like Eduardo, will take him another couple of months before becoming a starter and not get minor injuries constantly.

It'd be good if we'd bring a strong defensive midfielder so Fabregas go forward more. cuz he was totally lost this season.

raminio05

National Team Player
well if we sell Adebayor-Bendtner, we need to bring a new forward. VPR gets injured a lot, same as Eduardo, so we'd be left with Vela only! + about attacking midfielders, Rosicky just got back from 14 months of injury lay-off and probably just like Eduardo, will take him another couple of months before becoming a starter and not get minor injuries constantly.

It'd be good if we'd bring a strong defensive midfielder so Fabregas go forward more. cuz he was totally lost this season.
why is everyone saying that we need a DM. Song was our best player this season and Diaby is more than capable of gilling that role if Song gets injured. Fab had a bad season because he decided to be koon ghoshaad.

Get Rid of:

1. Ade
2. khatibi
3. Denilson (he just doesn't cut it)
4. Silvestre (if anyone is interested)

Bring in

1. Any descent yet experience central defender (i saw carvaliho's name mentioned)

2. A left back

3. Santa Cruz (please oh please get this man)

4. If possible, a player like gourcouff who can play on the wings but who can also play the distrabuter role if need be. Our worst run of the season was with Fabregas injured because we didn't have a replacement for him.

5. If this was early in the season, i would say get a keeper, but Almunia has made me his biggest fan. He had a phenominal season in my opninion.

As far as getting rid of Eboue, NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYY. He is the most versetile player on our squad and with our injury problems would be a huge loss.

mlka

Ball Boy
Sep 13, 2005
Im not going to speculate who Wenger will buy because as usual the Board have given him peanuts to buy new players and plus he always manages to surprise everyone but these are the players we should definatly get rid of....

Adebayor - Not consistent enough, heart doesnt semm to always be in it.

Bentner - Not focused enough, wrong attitude.

Senderos = Never been good enough

Denilson - Not up to scratch

Diaby - Dont think the boy is Premiership quality

Silvestre - Past it.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
why is everyone saying that we need a DM. Song was our best player this season and Diaby is more than capable of gilling that role if Song gets injured. Fab had a bad season because he decided to be koon ghoshaad.

Get Rid of:

1. Ade
2. khatibi
3. Denilson (he just doesn't cut it)
4. Silvestre (if anyone is interested)

Bring in

1. Any descent yet experience central defender (i saw carvaliho's name mentioned)

2. A left back

3. Santa Cruz (please oh please get this man)

4. If possible, a player like gourcouff who can play on the wings but who can also play the distrabuter role if need be. Our worst run of the season was with Fabregas injured because we didn't have a replacement for him.

5. If this was early in the season, i would say get a keeper, but Almunia has made me his biggest fan. He had a phenominal season in my opninion.

As far as getting rid of Eboue, NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYY. He is the most versetile player on our squad and with our injury problems would be a huge loss.
yes Song was pretty good, but he and Fabregas' partnership isnt as good as Fab-Flamini. Even when Song was covering very well, Fab wasnt attacking forward. Gourcuff could be the distributer as u said. Diaby isnt up for EPL games. most of the times he tries too much and loses the ball to opponent.

raminio05

National Team Player
yes Song was pretty good, but he and Fabregas' partnership isnt as good as Fab-Flamini. Even when Song was covering very well, Fab wasnt attacking forward. Gourcuff could be the distributer as u said. Diaby isnt up for EPL games. most of the times he tries too much and loses the ball to opponent.
I think that Fab's bad performance had to do with Fab himself and was not related to the rest of the team, but yeah, the fab-flamini duo was pretty special.

Diaby was a spark plug for us everytime that he came in. He has gotten used to the EPL now and i think that he will have a very good season next year. They guy is emmensly athletic and he can really run with the ball.

I say we see what happens with him for one more season, and then decide. It would be a shame to have him go to another team and have him excell somewhere else.

I say that we should concentrate on our problem areas which in my opnion are (in order):

1. Centerbacks and defensive depth
2. A tall forward who can finish (Ade is not cutting it anymore)