Who should win the presidential election?

Who should win the presidential election?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I've always been a fan of Paul - no mystery there - but ever since these two corrupt dunderheads (Romney and Obama) have been pitted up against each other I have really come to appreciate him even more. Even if you don't agree with him on issues (IMO, mostly it is because people don't know enough of what he is saying) then you gotta give it to him for his honesty and his class. He is a Republican but is a statesman first...and is more than willing to criticise his own party for doing the wrong things. A Ron Paul, a guy that pure, is rare, rare, thing.
What needs to happen is a younger version of RP should be discovered and worked on for the next 3 years. I honestly believe regardless of who wins this election the economy will take another nosedive and there is a chance of getting a 3rd party in the WH.

Aug 26, 2005
I don't agree with Paul and Paul fans on 9 out of 10 things though I appreciate a lot that he's a social liberal/libertarian which to me is more important than anything else, that people realize we live in the 21st century but yes, my respect for him for sticking to his ideals and not flip flopping around. that's rare and important..
That's true, I also mean something further in that he doesn't play the game - even if it is to his detriment. I remember Romney made a blunder about free markets or whatever during the republican nomination and when everybody attacked him Paul just said that he thought Romney probably meant something else. Even when Herman Cain's skeletons came out about his sexual harassment cover ups Paul didn't pile on and said that they were a distraction from the real issues - like Cain's support for bailouts, national sales tax and the federal reserve. When he criticised Gingrinch it was about how he got deferments from the military and how he dodged serving - something that actually relates to the office they're running for.

Simply put, he sees the Presidency as an honourable service. He doesn't taint it with bullshit like "is the President even from America" or "Romney hates half the country". I find that incredibly rare too. Sure, have differences, be critical of each other (the two parties and their voters)...but let's keep it about the issues. Let's keep it above the belt - I think that is the message he is trying to send. As an outsider looking in...it seems like a cesspool; it's getting to the point where people supporting the two parties simply write each other off as racists or idiots or whatever and ignore each other out of hand. I think it is directly attributable to that style of tabloid-like/trash-mag tactics.

What needs to happen is a younger version of RP should be discovered and worked on for the next 3 years. I honestly believe regardless of who wins this election the economy will take another nosedive and there is a chance of getting a 3rd party in the WH.
I think it'll take a shit-hit-fan kind of scenario to wake people up to the bullshit that is the two party system. It may be another recession/depression. You know what? America isn't alone. There is a false dichotomy all over the world between the major political parties of those countries.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
The fact that people actually take this 2-party bullshit seriously is crystal clear proof for the failure of the education systems all around the world (not just US). People have become painfully shallow and BI-KELAAS. I personally have decided to take George Carlin's path of holding no stake in the outcome of this fucked up game. It ain't my type of game and I'm kind'a pissed to be living in these times. Such a waste.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
It is wishful thinking to consider politics a realm of principle. It is simply not. In fact, in countries where there is multi-party system, there is more often breaking of principles seen, since you have to compromise with more parties.

If you want to vote for someone who never breaks his principles then you have to live in a country where dictatorship rules.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Masoud jaan, as they say hindsight is 20/20. Give me one example of a terrorist attack on US interests in the past 20 years where there was absolutely no intelligence about a potential threat beforehand, the conduct of the US government during the attack was perfect and the response was satisfactory to everyone in the world. We can sit there anddisect the action of every administration to pieces, but I can tell you ahead of time that none has been anywhere close to the level of perfection that you demand from the WH under Obama.
The criticism is not why the administration did not foresee what was about to happen, although the Brits and the Red Cross knew enough to leave. The criticism is why did they did sit back and watch the attack unfold for 7 hours and let it go unanswered. Obama would guaranteed his reelection if he could have saved the consulate and returned the ambassador home safely. Remember how much mileage he got by dispatching those Somali pirates. It was well within the capability of US Special Forces to intervene and secure that compound. The assets were on the ready and there was sufficient time. One Spectre gunship high above could sweep the perimeters free of even critters. The press is doing its darnest to sweep this under the rug. In three days of interviews, Brian Williams could not bring himself to ask one question about this but rest assured that people know. This is not abut fiscal cliffs and sequestration or any other mumbo jumbo Washington comes up with. Everybody understands this for what it is.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
perfectly put Kaz and Bache Tehroon, the game is rigged and voting for eather of them is not my cup of tea. People keep telling me if you dont vote you get what you deserve but I say if you vote for any of these two then you get what you deserve. I said it before and say it for another thousands of time, it doesnt make any sense to choose the less evil guy, evil is evil and voting for evil is insane. I believe if less than 40% of people vote then its clear that the system is failing and we need to start over. People need to hear Julian Assage and what happened to Bradley Manning and stop defending Obama, then we have the republican who are out of their mind to actually vote for the insanity that Romney is. Why we have two insane guy running for president, is that the best America can offer? and then we have billions of $ going to presstitude (journalists) to minipulate people's mind. Its all garbage and people need to wake up before USA turn into another EU. In today's corrupt 2 party system no 3rd party candidate has a shot. Mark Twain put it perfectly, he says "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it."
just listen what the third party candidates Jill Stein and Rocky Anderson recently said in RT news:
http://rt.com/usa/news/us-third-par...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582
[video=youtube;rpbj9cJWQIo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rpbj9cJWQIo[/video]

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
No disrespect to people who posted above...you are all members I highly respect but with all due of that same respect, there is a difference as there's always a difference.

there's a difference between a candidate who is cynical or dumb enough and says that no one dies in the US because he has no health insurance, because there are always emergency rooms who take care of you, leaving out people with chronic diseases, people who need drug prescriptions and what not, and someone who doesn't.

that's just ONE huge difference...a person that values life and a person who doesn't

or the difference between a person whose business acumen is based on running a private equity firm and being a real life Gordon Gekko and a person working with the poor instead of working for huge law firms.

Yes, drone attacks, killing of civilians, all not good and he has left a terrible legacy with that for many reasons...but please.

further, I highly doubt that these two candidates are any worse than Bush and Kerry in 04...

And, again, no disrespect, and while I don't put much money on MSNBC, CNN and Fox and their like...but RT still stands for Russia Today, it's funded by the Russian government, same Russia that supported IR clubbing down on protesters in Iran, same RT that talked about a western conspiracy and has a pro Assad press coverage about Syria, same Russia that puts girls into working camps, same Russia with a terrible human rights and press freedom report. Honestly, think about it...if someone goes to RT to talk about how bad the US system is...I'm just saying.
I guess it's a pity Press TV isn't around anymore...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
No disrespect to people who posted above...you are all members I highly respect but with all due of that same respect, there is a difference as there's always a difference.
I think few people would argue that Obama is the "kinder" and more "humane" candidate (even Romney fans), but really, who gives a crap at the end?

Who needs a social worker for a president? In fact, with the current system in place, who needs a president at all?

Why is America settling for this shit? Because they are "taught" to.

I'm sorry but I ain't no good student.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I think few people would argue that Obama is the "kinder" and more "humane" candidate (even Romney fans), but really, who gives a crap at the end?

Who needs a social worker for a president? In fact, with the current system in place, who needs a president at all?

Why is America settling for this shit? Because they are "taught" to.

I'm sorry but I ain't no good student.
it's not about who is kinder and who is a social worker or not..

biAzar wrote about this much more eloquently somewhere else or even here..

it's about not losing even more of the social achievements the US has

and that statement from Romney is just cynical...as if people's health only matters when they are in ER. has nothing to do with being kind but not giving a fuck about human life....except if it's a fetus in a women's womb..then it's important!

Aug 26, 2005
I think you're just thinking wishfully mate. It's a matter of perspective. You think Obama cares about the ill and therefore wishes to implement health care (one that even his fans have trouble supporting - not the idea itself) but others see him as a shill for big pharma and insurance corps.

Someone may see Romney as someone who does not care about the health of others...others may see him as someone who values individual freedom.

But, in all honesty, look at who backs these guys with their cash. Rhetoric is one thing but they're going to implement the same policies to one degree or another. History has taught us that yet at every election cycle there is this wilful blindness (hope?) that this time it'll be different. Different, even with the same candidate. You can never say the human race isn't optimistic.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
The criticism is not why the administration did not foresee what was about to happen, although the Brits and the Red Cross knew enough to leave. The criticism is why did they did sit back and watch the attack unfold for 7 hours and let it go unanswered. Obama would guaranteed his reelection if he could have saved the consulate and returned the ambassador home safely. Remember how much mileage he got by dispatching those Somali pirates. It was well within the capability of US Special Forces to intervene and secure that compound. The assets were on the ready and there was sufficient time. One Spectre gunship high above could sweep the perimeters free of even critters. The press is doing its darnest to sweep this under the rug. In three days of interviews, Brian Williams could not bring himself to ask one question about this but rest assured that people know. This is not abut fiscal cliffs and sequestration or any other mumbo jumbo Washington comes up with. Everybody understands this for what it is.
I think you may have misunderstood the sequence of events. The attack on the embassy didn't take 7 hour. The way I understood it, the attack was over in a matter of minutes and there WAS a CIA response team that was dispatched immediately - for all intents and purposes, Stevens had already passed away from smoke inhalation by the time they arrived. I'm not sure what else you expected the WH to do. You can't just send warplanes into a sovereign nation and bomb the hell out of a populated civilian area in response to this type of incident. Even if you could, you know how long it would have taken an AC-130 to fly from the US to Libya?

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I think you're just thinking wishfully mate. It's a matter of perspective. You think Obama cares about the ill and therefore wishes to implement health care (one that even his fans have trouble supporting - not the idea itself) but others see him as a shill for big pharma and insurance corps.

Someone may see Romney as someone who does not care about the health of others...others may see him as someone who values individual freedom.

But, in all honesty, look at who backs these guys with their cash. Rhetoric is one thing but they're going to implement the same policies to one degree or another. History has taught us that yet at every election cycle there is this wilful blindness (hope?) that this time it'll be different. Different, even with the same candidate. You can never say the human race isn't optimistic.
again, as said, that's not the point. even if Obama is bankrolled by Pfizer, Merck and GSK...he doesn't come out with a cynical and idiotic statement like that. Even if we take the "but they are all the same" approach, there are a lot of intangibles speaking for him concerning social progress.

There's not a single thing speaking for Romney howeer. He does not care about individual freedom, otherwise he wouldn't be against Roe vs. Wade. He doesn't seem to care about health care reform. He doesn't care about a tax reform and except if you want to have Olympic Games or make a leveraged buyout of China or Canada, he has no record that could help you one way or other.

Aug 26, 2005
Yeah but you're assuming the past 4 years haven't happened or that Obama has an entirely different track record. Obama may talk differently but he is just another shade of grey. Bush before him talked about smaller government and not nation building; he did the exact opposite. That's what people mean when they talk about the two-party system being a sham - they're insinuating there is no alternative/difference. If you think there is, good luck to you; but I disagree.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
again, as said, that's not the point. even if Obama is bankrolled by Pfizer, Merck and GSK...he doesn't come out with a cynical and idiotic statement like that. Even if we take the "but they are all the same" approach, there are a lot of intangibles speaking for him concerning social progress.

There's not a single thing speaking for Romney howeer. He does not care about individual freedom, otherwise he wouldn't be against Roe vs. Wade. He doesn't seem to care about health care reform. He doesn't care about a tax reform and except if you want to have Olympic Games or make a leveraged buyout of China or Canada, he has no record that could help you one way or other.
Dude, I don't really like the guy, but he's a republican who won over democrats in Massachusetts. I basically live half of my year in that state and to this day it's still interesting to realize what Romney did in MA.

He ain't no different than Obama. Their vocabularies are different. Their way of bullshitting is quite different, but at the end of the day they're both crooks who are working for big corps. Who cares what their views are on health-care? None of Obama's policies or Romney's promises are going to make an ion of difference to the average American's health-care costs by the end of the day.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Dear BT
I used to think like you - but not anymore
you are correct in the sense that both parties are the same when it comes to domestic issues......but when it comes to foreign policies, Democrats just prefer to take directives directly from lobby gangs tied to Europe.......
This 4 star General just resigned/or made to resign...... If you want to fully understand the difference between Repubs and Democrats in international affairs, pay some attention to the relationship of White House with US armed forces. There are Rumors out there the Genral resigned over Benghazi affairs......the episodes uin which the armed forces finally disobeyed orders from the situation room of the White House......
Bittom Line: If we are interested to get help from USA in Iran......It may come for Repubs, but rest assured it will never come from Democrats.
General-Carter-F.-Ham.jpg

http://www.independentsentinel.com/...tim-for-trying-to-save-americans-in-benghazi/

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I agree that RT is as bad as fox news or whatever, and Russia is the country that runs by mafia and ect...
but thats not the point, it was only RT that broadcast the third party Candidate and they had some important points to adress, the point is not if you criticize America then you support Russia or China, the point is to listen and read almost all the resources to see what is going on around the world. Ive lived here in the states for a while now and see what is happening in this country with my own eyes and things are not pretty, I dont care what kind of person Obama really is, I only care about his actions and I think he has become a dangerous guy who hide whats going on behind the scene.
I have a friend that went to emergency room and now he is in debt all his life, thats not how its supposed to be. Insurance should be affortable to all people not just people with money, Obama brags about he is reforming it but he hasnt, Insurances are still not affortable so Obama didnt do it right and he cant brag about it.
Screw RT news, what about Wikileaks, there has been thousands of files came out during Obama presidency that shows the true picture of what kind of president Obama is, Im not ganna go through them just because its out there for everyone to read them.

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Democrats destroyed Libya and went to war in Yoguslavia, Obama says he bring soldiers home but actually send more soldiars to Afganistan. Democrats and Republican both kill us!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Dear BT
I used to think like you - but not anymore
you are correct in the sense that both parties are the same when it comes to domestic issues......but when it comes to foreign policies, Democrats just prefer to take directives directly from lobby gangs tied to Europe.......

Bittom Line: If we are interested to get help from USA in Iran......It may come for Repubs, but rest assured it will never come from Democrats.
Masoud,

I used to be curious about the idea of US helping Iranians get rid of Islamic Fascism. Not anymore.

Islamic Fascism is what Iran will turn to at every road block. Religious fascism is indeed what holds Iran together. It's been that way since the Abbasids empire. It's what got Iran out of the Mogul rule. It's what Safavis had to implement in order to keep the separatists in check. It's what Mohammad Reza Pahlavi had to concede to (Akhundism) in order to keep his title for a few more days. It's what helped millions of Iranians go to war against Saddam's invasion.

The US cannot be the answer to Iranians' infatuation with Kos-sher. They can probably help topple Khamenei and co, but rest assured, Iran will go back to another version of Akhundism at the earliest possible opportunity.