Who wants to send flowers to TM players. Not a sport post

Oct 18, 2002
I think the kids in Iran need to know that TM is behind them as they are all with them. I think we need to ask each player to wear back arm bands and a green ribbon on their jersey. We need to make them understand that they have a lot more on their shoulder (unfortunately because this is not really their responsibility) but we need to make sure that they know they have a HUGE responsibility.

It is easy to find out what hotel they are staying in and perhaps get someone from local folks to have this sent to Afshin Ghotbi directly.

What do you guys think?

I think the kids in Iran need to know that TM is behind them as they are all with them. I think we need to ask each player to wear back arm bands and a green ribbon on their jersey. We need to make them understand that they have a lot more on their shoulder (unfortunately because this is not really their responsibility) but we need to make sure that they know they have a HUGE responsibility.

It is easy to find out what hotel they are staying in and perhaps get someone from local folks to have this sent to Afshin Ghotbi directly.

What do you guys think?
I think thats a great idea after the game and when they arrive at the airport in Tehran.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002

What do you guys think?
great idea Kambiz jan.

I checked Iran media and it said they are staying at "Grand Hotel" in Seoul. but when googled, "Grand Hilton Hotel", "Grand Intercontinential Hotel",etc came up!(everything is Grand there apparently!lol). anyhow, googled again and found that based on this article they are staying at Hilton hotel. and here is their website for their phone-email. we can probably email them first and make sure if TM is staying there?

http://www.bordobakht.com/global/news12599.html
تیم ملی فوتبال ایران در سئول در محل هتل گراند اقامت گزیده است. هتل گراند، هتلی ۵ ستاره ومجلل و در نزدیکی به مرکز شهر سئول قرار دارد. محل اقامت تیم ملی فوتبال ایران فاصله نزدیکی تا زمین تمرین این تیم دارد.
http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/korean-soccer/korea-coaches.html
Unlike Australia, Iran is in Korea's World Cup qualification group and Ghotbi will be back in Seoul on June 17 - it remains to be seen if ends up at his old home of the capital's Grand Hilton Hotel - for the final match of the round and one that could be dramatic as well as decisive.
Grand Hilton Hotel:
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/SELGRHI/index.do;jsessionid=YKOL1EMAW0DGCCSGBJN2VCQ

Oct 18, 2002
great idea Kambiz jan.

I checked Iran media and it said they are staying at "Grand Hotel" in Seoul. but when googled, "Grand Hilton Hotel", "Grand Intercontinential Hotel",etc came up!(everything is Grand there apparently!lol). anyhow, googled again and found that based on this article they are staying at Hilton hotel. and here is their website for their phone-email. we can probably email them first and make sure if TM is staying there?

http://www.bordobakht.com/global/news12599.html

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/korean-soccer/korea-coaches.html

Grand Hilton Hotel:
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/SELGRHI/index.do;jsessionid=YKOL1EMAW0DGCCSGBJN2VCQ

Nilou jan,

Any chance you guys know someone in South Korea? Any members? I would love to get some info on that front. I don't mind paying for the flowers.

Oct 18, 2002
I think thats a great idea after the game and when they arrive at the airport in Tehran.
Ramin jan,

The idea is for the world to see the banners and the Green ribbon. When they get to Iran is too late for us to get what we need and that is a great media moment. The issue is that we need to have that shown on State Media which they will HAVE to do.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilou jan,

Any chance you guys know someone in South Korea? Any members? I would love to get some info on that front. I don't mind paying for the flowers.
hmm I dont know personally. The journalists I knew are either in Iran now or here! cant we order online through online flower stores(in Seoul) and tell them to send it to Hilton Hotel in Seoul with this message on it,etc?

Oct 18, 2002
hmm I dont know personally. cant we order online through online flower stores(in Seoul) and tell them to send it to Hilton Hotel in Seoul with this message on it,etc?
We can. But I wanted to make sure if someone could actually hand deliver this to Afshin. This way we could also give him the message.

Now I think about it maybe we could get Darioush Zahab to help. He might have a better access to Afshin. What do you think?

Push comes to shove we will just order online and send a nice letter.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
We can. But I wanted to make sure if someone could actually hand deliver this to Afshin. This way we could also give him the message.

Now I think about it maybe we could get Darioush Zahab to help. He might have a better access to Afshin. What do you think?

Push comes to shove we will just order online and send a nice letter.
yeah I know Daruish Zahab has better access to Afshin, but then if we want to wait for that(his show tonight) it'd be too late to order and they receive it before the match tomorrow!!

I think if we order it online and send the message directly to Ghotbi, other ppl in TM like Herasat,etc wont bother. and it'll be directly delivered to him. Afterall its Hilton Hotel, they make sure only that person receive it!

Oct 18, 2002
yeah I know Daruish Zahab has better access to Afshin, but then if we want to wait for that(his show tonight) it'd be too late to order and they receive it before the match tomorrow!!

I think if we order it online and send the message directly to Ghotbi, other ppl in TM like Herasat,etc wont bother. and it'll be directly delivered to him. Afterall its Hilton Hotel, they make sure only that person receive it!

Cool. what do you think of this?

http://www.readyflowers.co.kr/cart/?CGID=EA0ADE22-08E6-4089-8DFA-BF2FAB28DD44

pasha

Ball Boy
Jun 23, 2004
Guys, even a note will be fine. It doesn't have to be flowers. We can send a fax to their hotel. And by all means, the players should wear a lot of green tomorrow.

Oct 18, 2002
Nilou jan,

I think at minimum we could get Zahab to email or somehow get our message to Ghotbi around the armband and ribbon idea.

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
I don't know how I feel about this. I always said sports and politics should be separated; can't be a hypocrate. All that said, I'm all for a player wearing something underneath his shirt individually to show support.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
How about this guys?

Dear Mr. Ghotbi

We the die hard fans of Team E Meli and Iranian football at www.IranSportsPress.com would like to wish you and the rest of the team the best for tomorrow’s pivotal game. As you can imagine, judging by all that has taken place in Iran in the last few days and indeed continuing as you read this letter, this game has become a lot more than just a GAME. We the fans who come from all walks of life and all parts of the globe, without having any political affiliation or involvement, would like to kindly request from YOU and the rest of the Team to follow the old and honorable tradition of our ancestors and warriors by showing your support for the masses in Iran (especially the youth of Iran) who look to these players as their heroes
Iran needs our TM players to be the heroes tomorrow not just by physically being on the field but also in spirit by showing their unity to the rest of Iran by showing a simple show of unity by wearing a black armband in honor of the fallen and the dead people in the last few days, and to wear a small Green ribbon on their jerseys. This simple gesture by the team will make them forever be in the hearts of mind of the Iranian people for eternity, much like the black athelets and their raised fists and black gloves is still resonating in the minds of people here in the US.
Mr. Ghotbi we look up to you and your wisdom at this crucial time to prove to the world that the spirits of our forefathers are alive and that Iranians will continue to carry the torch of light and civilization as we have done for thousands of years.

Lover and respect,

Bacheh hayeh Iransportspress

Oct 18, 2002
Guys I wrote this real fast and I am still working so I appreciate if someone could proof read and make some changed. I like to fax this as soon as possible.

Any chance anyone knows Afshin's email address?

pasha

Ball Boy
Jun 23, 2004
Kambujiyeh jan,

Good work. That's a nice and appropriate letter. Have you sent it already, or do you need help figuring out where to send it to? I think faxing it to the hotel is best because I don't know if Ghotbi will check his email or not (do we even have his email?).

Nov 24, 2002
Kambiz jan , nice letter

however i doubt Ghotbi would do that , first , himself got to Iran at first place and later with hezar ama o agar (passport issue,etc ) , so i dont think he has power to ask such a thing, remember he prasied couple times , Ahmadinejad for Airplan facilities against NK ..

Asking a guy like PourHeydari , who is Sarparast TM is much better option..
Just my personal opinion and thanks again for taking initiative ..

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
I think adding the green part might not be smart or atleast make it more a request like if possible. Bc I thinks its hard for them to back a political figure, green isnt only this movements color but also marouvi's, But I think the black mourning should find some backing up, even if its under there clothes or with headbands. Maybe also a letter directly to the players ? I am just suggesting things, I dont know to be honest.

Great Idea though, atleast worth the try and it will give the players the extra boost they might need.