Who will be disqualified?

Which candidate will be disqualified by GC?

• Hashemi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mashaie

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • None (both can run)

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
If mashaei does not get rejected by guardian council, then 100% the so called goroheh enherafi was all BS and as Mousavi said jangeh Zargari.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
None.

The theory is that both Rafsanjani and Mashaei are needed so the rigging of votes does not get too ugly (both factions expect the other to get votes). One of them will be assigned more votes in the first round, and then in the 2nd round the voters of the losing party (most likely Mashaei) will be deemed as "pissed off" and magically give their votes to Khamenei's pick.

In the end both will lose and blame each other.

This is all assuming AN's gang doesn't go bezzerk and throw grenades around.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Mashaei will get jibbed I think. Khamenies has great distain for him. I think they will let Raf get through because despite the regimes attempts, he is a powerfull figure with a lot of contacts.

May 12, 2007
No matter what the votes will not count. The winner will be the one the leader & Co decied to be. What will mashaei do? he will run the same policy that AN had. What will Rafsanjani do? He will try to bring dialog with Americans and remove the sanctions.
No one will create conflict with the leader and the system since the chance to win in an e.v.t. conflict with the leader is close to zero. And if it comes so far the Whole system including them self will be in danger.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I think Mashaei is a goner for sure. Don't forget that Khamenei already rejected him for the position of VP, so why would he be qualified to run for president if he wasn't qualified for the vice presidency. Rejecting Rafi would be too controversial IMHO and at the end of the day having a high profile reformist candidate that does not get "selected" would only go to show that the people don't support the reformists - so there's some merit in allowing him to run and not assign too many votes to him.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
They are ALL UNqualified.

Every time there are a bunch of people who say people should vote because it is better than not voting. They have tried this every time and things are where they are. For once, tell everyone not to vote and stay home, and let's see what happens then.

May 12, 2007
I think Mashaei is a goner for sure. Don't forget that Khamenei already rejected him for the position of VP, so why would he be qualified to run for president if he wasn't qualified for the vice presidency. Rejecting Rafi would be too controversial IMHO and at the end of the day having a high profile reformist candidate that does not get "selected" would only go to show that the people don't support the reformists - so there's some merit in allowing him to run and not assign too many votes to him.
Maybe people already from now people should demonstrate for Mashaei to give Khamenei headeq.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Neither of this will be disqualified. Disqualification of either of them will be too controversial now.
Plus, why do it now when you can steal the "Selection" process anyway and get the most vote for your own candidate.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Every time there are a bunch of people who say people should vote because it is better than not voting. They have tried this every time and things are where they are. For once, tell everyone not to vote and stay home, and let's see what happens then.
I think that was tried once in the 2004 or 2005 parliament elections and it gave the conservatives unprecedented power, which to this day they don't want to give up. At the end of the day, if the belief is that the votes are rigged, they'll rig it to make it look like 20 million more people showed and voted, so I'm not sure if anyone's going to be making a point by not voting either. It's one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations unfortunately.

Neither of this will be disqualified. Disqualification of either of them will be too controversial now.
Plus, why do it now when you can steal the "Selection" process anyway and get the most vote for your own candidate.
The stealing part is a given Shahin jaan, but who's going to steal it is not as straight forward. Based on what I have read AN has handpicked and changed a ridiculous number of provincial and municipal governors in the past year - something like two thirds or three quarters of them! These are the people who will be overseeing the elections in the "shahrestans". So, ultimately if Mashaei is allowed to run, it could be AN's gang that will be rigging the votes to suit their needs. I'm sure the insiders know all this stuff, but who knows maybe they've found a way to rig it in their own favour too.

Oct 18, 2002
he will be disqualified not because of him having any chance of winning, but because GC has to show respect for the word of "Agha" and other top clerics. When Khamenei clearly expressed his displeasure with Mashai, allowing him to run in presidential election could cause disheartening and confusion in the minds of the Bassijis ranks.

By the way the final tally of votes would be decided by the guardian council, not AN's interior ministry. At this point AN is completely without any support. If him or his interior minister took any practical step (other than whining) without the Masters approval, that "Shahid Ahmadinejad expressway" would be opened in no time!

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
You know, in this day and age, anyone who is running for president should be able to read, write and speak English. Does anyone know if any of these idiots can understand a few English words.

ahmad-a

Bench Warmer
Feb 9, 2007
Na chaploose amricayi. Be nazare to oona unqualified hastan, be nazar milionha Irani qualifiedan.
Are sure they are qualified? Look at history of people who were in power and tell me which one was/is not under attack by the regim

1- Bazargan
2- Mousavi
3- Khamenie
4- Hashemi
5- Khatami
6- Ahmadinejad