Who Will Be the Next President? Ahmadinejad or Rafsanjani?

The Next President of IRI Will Be:

• Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Hashemi Rafsanjani

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters
Mar 2, 2003
At this moment, I am inclined to say Ahmadinejad.

While there are a lot of people who are scared, and will vote against him as a result, I am reading reports from Tehran that show an air excitement among the poor and underprivileged in Iran. Many of them appear very excited about Ahmadinejad, who they view as one of their own.

The latest poll by Fars News Agency, which had the most accurate figures before the presidential race, also show Ahmadinejad leading Rafsanjani something like 47% to 36%, with the rest undecided. Although most of the undecided, if they vote, will choose Rafsanjani, many of them will not vote while a few of them will pick Ahmadinjead instead.

The only good news, amid the scary account I have read about Ahmadinejad is a more reassuming moderate tone in an interview reposted at Iranian.com. But looking at who is behind him, with folks like Mesbah Yazdi and Janati and the whole gang, I wish I could have added a few more questions to the ones asked of him.

He says he wants to mostly change the old guard in Iran's beaucracy and government. Good. But what about the "old guard" among Iran's clerical reactionaries, imbedded in various governmental and quasi governmental institutions? Why are so many of these figures attaching themselves to his campaign? Is it possible that some of those should change too, and would it not be better if he distanced himself of folks who scare a lot of Iranians based on their past statements and actions?

He mentions he is a educator, treated all his students of different backgrounds fairly, and that he has even commended newspapers against him. Good. But why are so many people involved in shutting down newspapers in the country behind him? And why did he fire the editor of city newspaper, Hamshahri, for supporting Rafsanjani?

A genuine populist who wants to change the old guard in Iran's government, and pay more attention to the poor, is okay. If that is what the people want, I can respect it. But someone who wants to use his office to oversee a "cultural revolution" via the basij would not be okay. I hope Mr. Ahmadinejad, if he gets elected, will understand that even if the poor are flocking to him, he needs at the end to act as the president of all of Iran. Otherwise, he will have divided the nation and will have made it impossible for it to move anywhere but down.

Since I am scared of those around Ahmadinejad, and have been attacking him, it is only fair to post the link to his interview and comments. I am slightly less scared, but still not reassured...

http://baztab.com/news/25611.php

Anyway, who do you think will be Iran's next President?

Jun 7, 2004
Hashemi. It is not to the advantage of the N.A.B.S :Negahban, Alvaat, Basij, Sepaah, to be so visibly in power. They have been doing just fine in the background. It was a mistake to cheat to bring Antarinejad the Kareeh in play. I think they are smart enough to work out a deal and stay behind. They are excellent politicians.

N.A.B.S now have identified themselves. That was not too smart. Like Satan it is better not to have a face. They control the power, they have the guns, they have legislation as well as executive through Negahban, they have the judges and they have the prisons. Khamenei is a shire`i that just wants to stay alive. He is smart to side with N.A.B.S.

I do think that they will eventually be forced to take a stance one way or another by the US. The US does not have a choice because of Israel. There are a multitude of approaches.

beekar

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
here
IMOP; it doesn't matter, same as ever, Ali-Geda KHAAMENEI

a curious look at Tehran's parlimentary (s)elections:
total of Tehran's "votes" was said to be 2,555,000
ALIREZA MAHJOOB of RAFSANJANI camp got 1,355,673 Tehanee "votes"
Dr. ZAINAB KADKHODAA of "AHMAGHI-NEJAAD" camp got 777,000 "30% of votes" w/ 433,327 blanks
mean while AHMAGHI-NEJAAD tops the rest of the Pres. cands. in Tehran

source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/iran/story/2005/06/050620_ra-mahjoob.shtml

AHMAGHI-NEJAAD was pushed up is because at the time he appeared to be easier to cheat then and beat now, and also the drama may cause more to come vote

I heard from a HAMVATAN today, an "educated" "well to do one", he and friends are voting this time, and will be voting for AHMAGHI ;) just because every "established" person is coming out for KOOSEH DOROOGH GOO and just in case SHARIATMADAREE/HEJJAZEE/+ ask MOJTABAA to talk DaDy into it, many will not mind to go back to a bit more restrictions if it could clean up the last 20 years of "established" corruption and create jobs, knowing it will not come to that and if so it will be a short lived restriction, because "MARDOM POR-ROO SHODAN BAR NEMEEGARDAN". He also said it will bring out the hidden "LEBAAS SHAKHSEEES" a lot sooner than later making them more accountable and answerable to "law" therefore less blood shed!
*I don't know, still figure'g that one*
I told him I'm always for less blood shed and not in a position to tell folks inside what to do (my typical responce)

I talked to another, she said this time she is voting and voting for KOOSEH, and then she is going to hold him to his promise of AASHTEEe MELI, he takes one step outside what he is promssing, it will be the end
*end! how? I don't know, still trying to figure'g this one too*
I told her I'm always for AASHTEEe MELI and not in a position to tell folks inside what to do (my 2nd typical responce)

most of folks I've contact with there said they are not voting this time either
I told them good for you (my most typical responce)

it is a very strange situation and, contrary to KOOSEH's plans, may be getting very hard to predict what "real people" are going to do, or how hard which faction decides and wants to cheat
I suggest AKBAR SHAH start printing "votes" now to make sure he bags it he should go for 48,000,000 "votes"
typical I.R. HARJ-O-MARJ
sick, so sick and twisted :(

the bright side about this (s)elections has been that when its time for our vote on the referendum, the entire system has admitted wrong doings in this last process, making the argument for a "third party" supervision of votes more legitimate than ever, one I.R. can never win :)

CHAND GHADAM TAA AAZAADEE

other reference:
http://www.moi.gov.ir/news.aspx?id=12381
rtsp://realaudio.rferl.org/ch21/20050621-1430FRD.rm?start=08:17&end=18:24
rtsp://realaudio.rferl.org/ch21/20050621-1430FRD.rm?start=11:55&end=15:16
rtsp://realaudio.rferl.org/ch21/20050622-1130FRD.rm?start=02:34&end=06:20
Dr. MOHAMAD MALEKI: rtsp://realaudio.rferl.org/ch21/20050622-1130FRD.rm?start=06:20&end=09:41
"HOJJAT-ESLAM" AHMAD GHAABEL: rtsp://realaudio.rferl.org/ch21/20050620-1630FRD.rm?start=13:40&end=22:50
or http://tinyurl.com/8who3
http://www.harfe-akhar.com/

Mar 2, 2003
The minute I become a little less frightened by what damage Ahmadinejad is likely to do, I read a report or quote from him that makes me think the guy is going to just ruin Iran.

According to the Washington Post, in an interview with state television, Ahmadinejad has said that if elected he will close down the Tehran Stock Exchange because what they do is akin to gambling and unIslamic!

And some thing the problem with Islam is the mullahs! As long as Islam is being interpreted by mullahs with responsibility, and as long as people accept the prevailing interpretations, we are going to find Islam reformed. But the minute "Islam" becomes "democratized", with everyone reading into it what they want, we will have a lot of Ahmadinejad's trying to promote their literal understanding of the religion.

Jan 23, 2003
Ahmadi nejad will win i fear.

Hashemi support is not strong- both sides distrust him.

And given the fact there is an air of excitement amongst the poor, they will unite with the hardliners and push onto win this election.

I sincerely hope the Iranian nation (Pro-IRI, Anti-IRI, Pro reform, liberal, students etc) choose LIFE ahead of DEATH and vote against Ahmadinejad. I somehow can't wee it happening.

Mar 2, 2003
This could be a big boost for Rafsanjani, provided those who voted for Qalibaf follow his lead. Ahmadinejad needs the "fundamentalist" 10 million base secure, and this could cut into it.

http://www.iranmania.com/News/ArticleView/Default.asp?NewsCode=32813&NewsKind=CurrentAffairs

Vote Rafsanjani, says defeated Iran conservative

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - ©2005 IranMania.com

LONDON, June 22 (Iranmania) - A defeated conservative candidate in Iran's presidential election urged his supporters Tuesday to back moderate cleric Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani over hardliner Mahmood Ahmadinejad in the second round, according to AFP.

In a statement on his website, Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf told his supporters to vote for "moderation to avoid extremism and to defend the true Islamic values founded by (revolutionary leader) Imam Khomeini".

"Those who voted in the first round to defend these values are free to choose the candidate who seems to them to be closest to these criteria," it added.

But in a separate statement, Qalibaf's supporters said they would be going to the ballot boxes in Friday's second round with "No to Ahmadinejad" as their slogan. "We will be voting for Rafsanjani," they said.

Qalibaf, a former national police chief and Revolutionary Guards veteran, had run an expensive campaign in which he redefined himself as a populist technocrat.

He had been tipped as a major challenger to Rafsanjani in the first round on Friday. But instead it was Ahmadinejad who won the right-wing vote and made it into next Friday's run-off.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Simply Ken said:
At this moment, I am inclined to say Ahmadinejad.

While there are a lot of people who are scared, and will vote against him as a result, I am reading reports from Tehran that show an air excitement among the poor and underprivileged in Iran. Many of them appear very excited about Ahmadinejad, who they view as one of their own.

The latest poll by Fars News Agency, which had the most accurate figures before the presidential race, also show Ahmadinejad leading Rafsanjani something like 47% to 36%, with the rest undecided. Although most of the undecided, if they vote, will choose Rafsanjani, many of them will not vote while a few of them will pick Ahmadinjead instead.

The only good news, amid the scary account I have read about Ahmadinejad is a more reassuming moderate tone in an interview reposted at Iranian.com. But looking at who is behind him, with folks like Mesbah Yazdi and Janati and the whole gang, I wish I could have added a few more questions to the ones asked of him.

He says he wants to mostly change the old guard in Iran's beaucracy and government. Good. But what about the "old guard" among Iran's clerical reactionaries, imbedded in various governmental and quasi governmental institutions? Why are so many of these figures attaching themselves to his campaign? Is it possible that some of those should change too, and would it not be better if he distanced himself of folks who scare a lot of Iranians based on their past statements and actions?

He mentions he is a educator, treated all his students of different backgrounds fairly, and that he has even commended newspapers against him. Good. But why are so many people involved in shutting down newspapers in the country behind him? And why did he fire the editor of city newspaper, Hamshahri, for supporting Rafsanjani?

A genuine populist who wants to change the old guard in Iran's government, and pay more attention to the poor, is okay. If that is what the people want, I can respect it. But someone who wants to use his office to oversee a "cultural revolution" via the basij would not be okay. I hope Mr. Ahmadinejad, if he gets elected, will understand that even if the poor are flocking to him, he needs at the end to act as the president of all of Iran. Otherwise, he will have divided the nation and will have made it impossible for it to move anywhere but down.

Since I am scared of those around Ahmadinejad, and have been attacking him, it is only fair to post the link to his interview and comments. I am slightly less scared, but still not reassured...

http://baztab.com/news/25611.php

Anyway, who do you think will be Iran's next President?
Poor are flocking to him?

Wow, I think Ken is on the same level as Zeerak. Lies in their "analysis" and most hardcore Regime supporters

Mar 2, 2003
Silverton said:
Poor are flocking to him?

Wow, I think Ken is on the same level as Zeerak. Lies in their "analysis" and most hardcore Regime supporters
If you only bothered to read the reports from the Western press, you would know what I am talking about. But your kind enjoys throwing around labels and accusations instead...

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Simply Ken said:
If you only bothered to read the reports from the Western press, you would know what I am talking about. But your kind enjoys throwing around labels and accusations instead...
You pick and choose what Western reports you choose to read. I.e. BBC reported both a low and high turnout, but in all your analysis, you chose to only remember the "high turnout" one. Please. How many times has the Western media reported the Mullahs crimes and deemed them terrorist, but you have never referred to them as scuh. You pick and choose what falls in line with your perverse ideology.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know. Her in Iran a lot of prety girls with lots of make up are giving rafsanjanies picture in streets.
If Ahmaghnejad wins it he won't be able to convince people he has not cheated.