Why can't I watch NY Red Bull vs LA Galaxy...when I live in NY?

ABall

Bench Warmer
Jun 15, 2006
whoknowwwws?
This is absolutly retarded. The one game I've been looking foward to is not being shown by ESPN or the Spanish channels after each went fucken nuts to show all LA Galaxy games -- including those which Beckham did not play in!

I live in New York, and it is absolutly retarded that New York viewers cannot watch our own team without having to pay extra for a channel like Fox Soccer. This is why soccer is America has yet to pick up -- because this stupid league is already concerned with making money before they beacme conserned with spreading a passion for the game.

For a match featuring such stars with over 60,000 people at a MLS game for the first time ever probly -- the league should be shitting out contracts with local stations for a game like this. Games like this one produce fans, not watching the Columbus Crew vs FC whogivesafuck

ABall

Bench Warmer
Jun 15, 2006
whoknowwwws?
first of all you had to go and see the game live
second ; Soccer is growing in USA :D
Madrid, you should know that I am a big supporter of USA soccer from our past dissucions, yet I firmly believe that the short sightedness of the officals in charge is slowing the growth of the game in America (although it is growing!). By putting one of the most EXCITING games on a channel like FSC where only DIEHARD soccer fans get to see the game -- who the fuck are these idiots appealing their most exciting games too? 60,000+ people at the stadium, a fight, multipal international soccer stars from David Beckham, to Juan Pablo Angel to Claudio Reyna, to Jozy Altadore, to Carlos Pavon, to Abel Xavier -- do you know how many ethnic groups I just mentioned? In the media capital of the world in New York!!!

And these fuckers put it on a channel where it will get NO ATTENTION?! WHAT A BUNCH OF BUFFONS!! They fucken hid their best product from the public!

These asshats running the programing just looked at a big cash in for this one game -- not the future! What a pisser...

P.S. I would of gone to this game, but they doubled their prices! For a kid starting college in four days -- MY MONEY HAS OTHER NEEDS! Instead, I went to the much cheaper, yet entertaining Red Bull vs DC United fixture. :p

Madrid, you should know that I am a big supporter of USA soccer from our past dissucions, yet I firmly believe that the short sightedness of the officals in charge is slowing the growth of the game in America (although it is growing!). By putting one of the most EXCITING games on a channel like FSC where only DIEHARD soccer fans get to see the game -- who the fuck are these idiots appealing their most exciting games too? 60,000+ people at the stadium, a fight, multipal international soccer stars from David Beckham, to Juan Pablo Angel to Claudio Reyna, to Jozy Altadore, to Carlos Pavon, to Abel Xavier -- do you know how many ethnic groups I just mentioned? In the media capital of the world in New York!!!

And these fuckers put it on a channel where it will get NO ATTENTION?! WHAT A BUNCH OF BUFFONS!! They fucken hid their best product from the public!

These asshats running the programing just looked at a big cash in for this one game -- not the future! What a pisser...

P.S. I would of gone to this game, but they doubled their prices! For a kid starting college in four days -- MY MONEY HAS OTHER NEEDS! Instead, I went to the much cheaper, yet entertaining Red Bull vs DC United fixture. :p

Mate it's adorable that you're in love with the right sport in the states but don't count on them going gloal one day , that's all I can tell you . same shit in canada

ABall

Bench Warmer
Jun 15, 2006
whoknowwwws?
It was on fox Soccer Channel.
Which is part of the problem. FSC is a channel you have to pay extra to get included in your cable package (at least here in NY). Only people who are soccer fans with some money to spare have this channel -- so who are we appeling too? Were singing to the choir.

Ooh, highlights of the game can be found at mlsnet.com