Why Iran will always be a backward nation

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Bijan jan,

You and I (since we are lovers of the West) have lost all our rationality and that is why we are blind to the subject of Ghorbani. Killing an animal in public, in front of young kids, is a right and a big part of our past. Since we live in the West we also have to learn that THIS is part of democracy and right of everyone. This is no different than going to McDonalds and ordering an hamburger. So please get your knife sharpen up, grab a sheep and go in front a pre-school and sacrifice a goat to show your iran-ness and pride for all that is Iran. Show these blondes and blue eye devils (who you and I worship with all our heart) what being Iranian is all about. Cause god knows, we have nothing else in Iran to be proud of other than sacrificing animals.

P.S. Don't let anyone convince you that the act of killing an animal in public is wrong. Because it is part of our culture, like slavery was part of the South or burring little girls in a hole is part of the culture of Indians. In this way, you will not be bothered if someone stones a woman in public, or performs female circumcision. These are all acts that are part of our culture and we should understand freedom of speech.
Now with such words of wisdom from knowledgeable folks like azaad2004, you can begin to understand true freedom. I for one just spotted a deer and I have to run and catch it to perform my duty. I will make sure to take pics and share it with the rest of you folks. Allah o Akbar.

Thanks,

Javeed Iran

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
Kambouj jan, as you know this is part of a sick mentality/ritual known as Haj that has been wasting away millions of animals annually without benefiting the poor or feeding the needy. :-ohno:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I for one am against ghorbooni. However the beef I have with some euro wannabe iranians is that they would entertain themselves with a live lobster in boiling water but call the ghorbooni ritual barbaric.

azaad2004

Bench Warmer
Jul 29, 2005
Once again, if you eat animal's meat you shouldn't have a problem with killing it yourself either, let alone watching it getting killed, unless you're a pussy. Is it cruel to the animal? No, every animal has a life cycle and we humans are on top of the food chain, we consume animals meat, simple as. Is it sick? ~No unless you are vegetarian.

I am too young to be even married but If I had children I would let them see it, it's cruel but at the end of the day it's the truth of life, life is not a Disney story. Parents who are concerned and don't want their kids to see it; well they can take them away.

And no I am not a muslim, don't care about the religon and am not particularly a good Iranian either so the above comments are not to be taken as advocation for our islamic/iranian/ or whatever traditions here.

I am simply a big kebab fan. :shocked:

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
The only thing backward about that pic is the fact there is a sheep next to a airplane in the middle of airport. It reminds me of that guy washing the windows of that Iranair plane with a aftabeh.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Zob Ahan said:
I for one am against ghorbooni. However the beef I have with some euro wannabe iranians is that they would entertain themselves with a live lobster in boiling water but call the ghorbooni ritual barbaric.
Well said. Although I am not pointing to the people on this thread, it's ironic that whatever people do in Iran is barbaric, and for some Iranians, anything Western is pure gold, no matter what.

Ghorbooni, for me, is a terrible tradition and I do think there is a difference between eating the kabob and putting kids through seeing the blood pouring out of an innocent animal's neck. I know it is hypocritical to say that, but I still see a difference. All these sick mass murderers like Dahmer all used to kill animals like cats and cut their throats when they were kids. Hence, I think the last things kids should be shown is an innocent peaceful living thing being slashed across the neck and butchered. I'm obviously not saying that they will all become killers, but my point is that it's not the type of thing that children should be watching. At my wedding, I asked that the sheep be saved instead of killed, and no one had a problem with it, apart from a few of the superstitous old timers. We have lots of wonderful things in our culture, but this is one of the worst and the sooner we get rid of it the better.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
kambujiyeh said:
Bijan jan,

You and I (since we are lovers of the West) have lost all our rationality and that is why we are blind to the subject of Ghorbani. Killing an animal in public, in front of young kids, is a right and a big part of our past. Since we live in the West we also have to learn that THIS is part of democracy and right of everyone. This is no different than going to McDonalds and ordering an hamburger. So please get your knife sharpen up, grab a sheep and go in front a pre-school and sacrifice a goat to show your iran-ness and pride for all that is Iran. Show these blondes and blue eye devils (who you and I worship with all our heart) what being Iranian is all about. Cause god knows, we have nothing else in Iran to be proud of other than sacrificing animals.

P.S. Don't let anyone convince you that the act of killing an animal in public is wrong. Because it is part of our culture, like slavery was part of the South or burring little girls in a hole is part of the culture of Indians. In this way, you will not be bothered if someone stones a woman in public, or performs female circumcision. These are all acts that are part of our culture and we should understand freedom of speech.
Now with such words of wisdom from knowledgeable folks like azaad2004, you can begin to understand true freedom. I for one just spotted a deer and I have to run and catch it to perform my duty. I will make sure to take pics and share it with the rest of you folks. Allah o Akbar.

Thanks,

Javeed Iran
Kambujiyeh jaan,

You are absolutley right.. I guess public hanging is also OK cause we know they are going to get hung so why not in public. The kids will get a joy out of it and the Idea of seeing a dying human being is just thriling for kids... damn I never thought of this... hey I change my mind I am all for death penalty.. but in public.. after all the trill kids get out of it is not measurable.... The same concept is right for slautering animal in public..!!

Unfortunately I have lost my Irani-ness and have become a blond/blue eye lover.. I guess now that you explained the Hambuger I understand the sheep slautering .. yeah it does make sense.. DUH!!!:confused:

Bijan

Last edited:

azaad2004

Bench Warmer
Jul 29, 2005
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
You would not ask this question if you had witnessed the ritual with your own eyes.

If you have indeed witnessed it, and you're still asking this question, then I don't know what to tell you other than: SEEK HELP.
No I haven't. Care to explain please?

Jan 26, 2005
deerouz said:
Have to agree with Reza on this one.
Here is the reason why the US will always be a backward country ;)
Actually the birds in these pictures NEVER got (or will bet) sacrificed. They were first pardoned by the Presidents. Then the birds were sent to some farms to spend the rest of their lives in those farms. Now, has Khamenie ever pardoned any Goosefand (or a Goongeshk for that matter)?

Oct 18, 2002
abe hoezi said:
Actually the birds in these pictures NEVER got (or will bet) sacrificed. They were first pardoned by the Presidents. Then the birds were sent to some farms to spend the rest of their lives in those farms.
Is that true? thanks, I didn't know. Then there is indeed a difference.

Jan 29, 2004
Are some of you this dense really or just ignorant? Look people in Spain(a real backward country in Africa :nuke: ) PAY to see a magnificent animal like a BUll get tortured slowly and killed in front of them and at the end they cheer El Matadore and consider him a hero...at least in Iran they don't consider shaboon ghassab as a hero, hehe!!!!!

http://www.atourhands.com/bullfight.html

DO NOT CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE BULLS TORTURED AND KILLED BY CIVILIZED WESTERNERS!

Jan 26, 2005
Chief said:
Are some of you this dense really or just ignorant? Look people in Spain(a real backward country in Africa :nuke: ) PAY to see a magnificent animal like a BUll get tortured slowly and killed in front of them and at the end they cheer El Matadore and consider him a hero...at least in Iran they don't consider shaboon ghassab as a hero, hehe!!!!!

http://www.atourhands.com/bullfight.html

DO NOT CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE BULLS TORTURED AND KILLED BY CIVILIZED WESTERNERS!
Let me ask you a question: Do you see any difference in the way criminals are executed in the West and in the Middle East? In the US, they inject chemical into the criminal’s body, and the convict dies very rapidly and peacefully. In Saudi Arabia, JALOD cut the neck the convict with one stroke in MALAEA OAM. Is there any difference between those two styles of executions; or since in both cases the outcome is the same, it does not matter how the execution is carried?
As far as I am concerned, Looking at the picture of that poor Goosefand in the airport awaiting his bad furtune , I could not help myself not to feel sorry for that Hayonee Zabon Basteh.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
Actually, I have absolutely no problem with sheep being slaughtered through cutting the throat, since it drains the blood and makes the meat cleaner to eat. My problem is why they're doing it on the tarmac of an airport for celebrate the arrival of Iran's Air Force 1. I wonder if Spain's President celebrates getting a new airplane by having a bull run on the tarmac.:confused:

Nov 29, 2002
Chief said:
Are some of you this dense really or just ignorant? Look people in Spain(a real backward country in Africa :nuke: )
Chiefy jan here's a well known quote you will of course not have heard - "Africa starts with the Pyrenees"

Agha joon, it seems like YOU are the west-worshipper! Who says Spain is a "civilized" country - they love this blood sport for cripes' sake. Their cuisine is hardly "haute cuisine". I for one think this is a very backward sport they have here, maybe you think spain's culture is more forward than irans but I sure as hell dont

Spanish music comes from gypsy, arab, jewish origins - very "cultured" right? :)

Spain is not as "forward" as you think...

Still, what has that got to do with the initial post? Why do you keep dragging in other issues in the world when we are talking about something specific?
Why, because you are a PROPAGANDIST who loves trying to side-track the issue.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
My Dad used to do ghorbooni each Eeid Ghorboon (He wasn't a religious man at all and I think he did it for fresh Del O Jeegar and Raasteh. Bastard ) He would buy a Sheep and tie him to a pole a the yard for some time (to Fatten him up, Bastard again) and like any other child I would develop a Pet feeling toward this beast. I hated it and I still do when I was watching this hired Butcher put a knife on his throat I never forget that lifeless green eyes fading away. They slaughtered my pet once every year and I promise you I couldn't be able to look at the food made by his meat let alone eating it. Not trying to prove anything just telling you a story.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Dr Strangemoosh said:
Their cuisine is hardly "haute cuisine".
Hm...actually the best cuisine and cooks and specially the most avantgarde cuisine comes lately from Spain. They are taking over from France as europe's number 1 cuisine spot.
Spanish cooks are progressing and making new creative dishes, while e.g. France is doing the same ol same ol for years.

And I would say Africa begins with Madrid in Spain. basques, catalans and also most people living in madrid are fairly not into this stuff. Bullfights are popular mainly in Andalucia..

off topic..

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Motori said:
My Dad used to do ghorbooni each Eeid Ghorboon (He wasn't a religious man at all and I think he did it for fresh Del O Jeegar and Raasteh. Bastard ) He would buy a Sheep and tie him to a pole a the yard for some time (to Fatten him up, Bastard again) and like any other child I would develop a Pet feeling toward this beast. I hated it and I still do when I was watching this hired Butcher put a knife on his throat I never forget that lifeless green eyes fading away. They slaughtered my pet once every year and I promise you I couldn't be able to look at the food made by his meat let alone eating it. Not trying to prove anything just telling you a story.
I had this happen to me 15 years in a row. My Grandpa's house was right next to ours and every year he would GHORBOONI at least 2 sheep. I used to jump over the wall between the houses to go play with the GOOSFAND when my mom thought I was sleeping in my room(the afternoon nap!). I also developed this friendly feeling towards the sheep only to see it killed in the most disgusting way possible.

Call me westernized, call me a west worshipper, call me whatever the hell you want, but I HATE THIS ACT like you wouldn've believe.