why we didn't let anyone sleep in street before ( revolution )

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
I think it is more interesting to look at this at another angle. Twice, we had democracy for a short period or moving towards it.
1) mossadegh time
2) Bakhtiar time

Both times we destroyed it. Both times we ended up in a dictatorship. Shah who loved his country and made much progress and advancement, other khominie who loved Islam more than Iran and thought everything including laughs, social freedoms, gaames (even chess and football) should be sacrificed to follow true Islam. He took the country decades to centuries back.

Question is
1) Why is it that Iranians come close to democracy but destroy it each time
2) Iranian history is so not well documented. Ex. Islamic takeover and details of thereafter. Islamists hurt to the country during Mossadegh, and before. Even history of Iran. Perhaps because Islam made sure that Muhamad and Koran cannot be criticized and placing Kaffar. In another words, nothing in Iranian history keeps it from happening again as the history is not well documented and broadcasted. So, it keeps on repeating itself.
during mossadegh's time the whole time of reign of this Qajar Prince Iran was under martial law and therefore automatically the democratic rights of its citizens were compromised.
and what exactly do you call bakhtiar's time? the 30 something days he was in office with absolutely no power over any organizations ?
please explain how we were close to democracy during mossadegh.

What did his government do, SPECIFICALLY, to allow iranians to get closer to democracy.

p.s. We have had Shah under the microscope for 40 years, it is time to have this other so called leaders under the same microscope.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
I know there were less poor people before the rev. and now they are the majority.

but dont forget there always be those who have no integrity and want to live like beggars. before revolution there were no excuse really bcs there were jobs yet some ppl chose to live in places like Halabi Abad etc. and the enemy used them to deceive rest of us and talked about the "injustices" of monarchy which was all bullshi*!
some ppl are just low-life, regardless of income (including our filthy rich enemies) this is a fact of life!

LDPC

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2003
@Parham. I was 6 at the time and the fun part was travelling 120 Km till london by train and being in London, but it was damn serious for my family and I don't know may be if I was older it would have been serious for me as well. Anyway I don't have sympathy for the dead Shah so may be you are right. If I was older I may have had fun demonstrating against his regime, who knows :)

Read the whole thing.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Indeed blaming the events of 79 on one group or one reference would be simplifying the history and will hurt our much needed unity...but..LOL...I'll do it anyway..

Many people blame 79 on the American angle of it.....I don't buy it....read history and events for urself without ( as much as possible) the author's own bias.....

Mossadegh shares as much blame for it as anyone if not the majority of it..IMO....

heck...look at our NOOOkeeelAr policy...it's got Mossadegh written all over it..