wii problem... do you think you can help?

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
Hi everyone,
I just got a wii gaming system as a gift. And I am trying to connect it to my system but it seems to have a problem that I can't solve.

I have the system connected with it's regular cable ( Yellow, Red, White) cable which sends 480p or 480i analog signals to my Yamaha HTR-6250 AV receiver . which then suppose to upscale to HDMI and send it to my Projector which is ready to receive HDMI signal.

the problem is , that I can hear the sound going through ( I can hear the wii when I move my controller in front of it!) but no VIDEO!

I have my PS3 and HD cable box set up with HDMI cables and they work fine.

I know the issue is somewhere between up scaling and pushing the signal through the receiver to the projector and I don't know how to fix it

I called wii and they have no idea how to do it either!

any smart person here to help ?

thanks everyone....

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
update: I got it working with my HD projector... but the as sucky as the wii is... they don't make the proper 1080i or 1080p output signal... so it looks like shit on my screen... with signal of 480p going through...
but... I'm sure after few drinks people won't see the difference ....

hehehehe.....

Nov 29, 2002
Hi everyone,

I have the system connected with it's regular cable ( Yellow, Red, White) cable which sends 480p or 480i analog signals to my Yamaha HTR-6250 AV receiver . /QUOTE]

Dude im not too techy so i dont know how to solve your problem, all i know is that for the best (and cheapest) video quality upgrade throw away the crappy composite cable which comes with the wii and get a 5 lead component cable for 5 bucks. much better. its not 1080p but its the best wii can do.

i'm not sure if with the composite cable you even get 480?