Wimbledon 2007 - FINAL

Aug 3, 2004
FIRST SET

Federer 7-6 Nadal
Federer holds on his serve before Nadal draws level with a scrambling backhand pass from the rear of the court. That's the first mini-break, Nadal finding the net with a backhand. Federer moves 3-1 ahead after Nadal misses the sideline and 4-1 ahead courtesy of a sturdy serve. Nadal closes the gap but that's another mini-break, the Spaniard missing with a forehand. Some welcome luck for Nadal as he benefits from a net cord, but Federer brings up three set-points with an easy forehand winner. Nadal shows some spunk, however, winning the next two points to make it 6-4, but he mis-hits a backhand wide...no he doesn't! He's challenged, and Hawkeye shows it clipped the line. Tremendous scrapping from Nadal, and he's levelled, Federer sticking a forehand into the net. The Swiss edges ahead again, Nadal finding the net with a forehand, but that's another unforced error from the reigning champion, Federer making the net billow with a backhand from the back of the court. This is very tense - another unforced error from Rafa and that's the set to Federer, the Swiss hitting the lines before floating to the net and punching home a backhand volley. You get the feeling Nadal needed to draw first blood in this match, but one thing's for sure - even when the fat lady's singing, Rafa will still be swinging.
Report from BBC

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Nadal is a beast, I feel he's slowly going to start taking over all of tennis if with the fast-paced improvements he's alraedy showing.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Fed always seems to pull something out of the bag on grass when he is in trouble. He wasn't in trouble today, in fact he was never behind in the score. He has the sweetest backhand and strokes from the baseline that I have ever seen.

But Nadal is the type of power player who you love to watch. Today I am glad that Fed won though, the 5 in a row is very special. hope he also wins the French some day.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
He was twice down two break points in the deciding set. I thought he was gonna lose. Seriously he was lucky to win the first breaker, and he was lucky in the 5th set as well. Even though he won, I think it did not look good for him having so much trouble in basically his home court. His whining about the hawk eye in the 4th was hysterical. Can't believe he actually asked to have it turned off. I couldn't tell if he was joking or was serious. Anywho, At the rate Nadal is improving each year, I don't see him being able to pull this off again. You have to give it to Rafa. Played each day in last five days and still gave Federer the toughest test of his career being so close to beating him. His will power is amazing. Too bad he's gay for being a madrid fan and a butt picker.