Winter Olympics controversy *15 year old Russian phoenom Kamala Valera can skate but not collect any medals

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Typo Valiyeva
A7F1822B-636C-440F-945E-5C57B64BFA46.jpeg
There has been some mixed reactions but one thing to take into consideration is Valera's age, she is 16. Athletes under 16 can't be held responsible for what people around them do.
Other skaters weigh in on the contraversial decision.

The extraordinary decision has frustrated and angered many in the sport who say honest athletes are suffering unjustly because of Valieva’s presence in the competition after she failed a drug test, Russia’s history of flouting the rules and a significant failure by the system meant to weed out drug cheats.

“It’s all just so unfair,” said Adam Rippon, a former Olympic skater who is coaching the U.S. figure skater Mariah Bell at the Games. “And now it’s also so unfair to all of these ladies because their whole Olympic experience is now wrapped up in the controversy because a country doesn’t want to play by the damn rules.”

I think because she is under 16, this is the right decision, let her skate but do not allow her to collect any medals. They are saying it was her grandfather's medicine but there are so many holes and mysteries in this story. We don't knwo if she took it, if someone in her family gave it to her or if her dirty Russian docors did.
The World Anti-Doping Agency and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee reacted angrily to the arbitrators’ decision, expressing disappointment and questioning both the panel’s logic and its commitment to fairness. Sarah Hirshland, the chief executive of the U.S. committee, said clean Olympians were being denied “the right to know they are competing on a level playing field.”

“We are disappointed by the messages this sends,” she said of the ruling to allow Valieva to compete, adding, “This appears to be another chapter in the systemic and pervasive disregard for clean sport by Russia.”

This should not have happened part of it is jot her fsult, it is the problem around her but it is back 82.16 1st place eye

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think the decision is fair she should be able to compete because she's under 16 but this 1st place in the short program sold not count 82.15 . I fee
Bad she has bad people around her. She is better last Olympic champion 15-year-old Alana Zagitova. I am having flashbacks of Ikaris. Also, there is a reason why they are swill the Russian Olympic Committee. I am showing some mercy to her because she is under 16 even WADA recognizes athletes under 16 can't be held responsible, the people round them should.
Later on they could rule her eligible and she could medal but that will be months from now.

Attachments

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@takbetak The Russian cheater won't qualify to get a medal, even if she finishes first. Taking medicine that increases endurance and lowers your heart rate is cheating. Kamala CHEATEREVA s -technically "not in first place." because it doesn't count.

Don't feel bad for her she knew what she was doing feel bad for these innocent skaters who did NOTHIGN and did not get a medal ceremony in the team avent.
Innocent by standards like Chen got hurt. Oh and the American commentators BLASTED her and deservedly so,. They said, "She should not be allowed to cmpoete and Russia is dirty AF they should have more sanctions. The little cheater is getting everything she deserves with the backlash.

https://sports.yahoo.com/innocent-b...on-of-olympic-medal-ceremonies-202600257.html

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
The thing is she took this after the world championships and she really didn't have to. She is hands-down better than the rest of the field. Also why are you gonna punish 10 and the American team with no medal ceremony. She and they skated clean. Dear Mery kids got punished over heDear Mery kids got punished over Kamala
cheater-eva. Nobody forced her to take that pill.

Oct 18, 2010
this is pure child abuse.

why should a 15 year old take any drugs of any sort?
trimetazidine: drug used to treat angina and other heart-related conditions

if she has a heart condition she should not be doing figure skating :eek:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Playboy That part I agree she is under 16, she is a child. Now if she had a previous heart condition, she should not be on the ice.
Alana Zagitova touched on this topic. Russian athletes are treated like cattle, like they are a piece of meat.
With that being said, American skater Chen did not deserve to get her medal ceremony, taken away from her.
I am not even blaming her I am blaming the people who are around her. Look we all know the Russians CHEAT and will do ANYTHING to win gold, even at the expense of the health of their child athletes. Even by WADA standards, you can't prosecute someone under 16, they can't be held responsible for the people around them. I think the I.O.C got it right let her compete but no medal ceremony, but the Russian Olympic team deserves more sanctions. Maybe they should be Russia Olympic Committee for another Summer and Winter Olympics. They clearly haven't learned their lesson from the last time.
Now look I am not naive, American athletes cheat as well, every country probably has ONE CHEATER on their team. With that being said, the Russians and the Chinese just don't care and will blatantly cheat or harm their athletes.
If she has a heart condition, she should be in a hospital getting treatment not competing on the ice. What if God forbid her heart rate goes up and she collapses in the long program?
Part of me feels so bad for her because she is hands down better than everyone, and the age factor. Another part makes me feel bad for the 22-year-old Chen whose mentor was Kristina Yamaguchi. Team USA got in the top 3, they deserved to be on the podium, she deserved to get that bronze medal, she got ROBBEED and so did team USA, for doing NOTHING WRONG. The IOC is so STUPID, if the Russians are the ones who are cheating, then punish them. Don't say, "No medal ceremony, "For the long program, while we sort this out, you are punishing the other clean skaters. They are the innocent by standards. Don't' forget Playboy most figure skaters get one to maybe two shots at it. I mean that American girl Chen at 22 is already considered to be on the "old side, 'when you compare her to the 15- and 17-year-old on the field. She also had to go through HELL while she was at Cornell, doing training and studying only to get her medal ceremony taken away from her, that sucks big time because she won't have another Olympics most likely, she will be 26 in the next one.
The Russians are like "About your concern on child abuse, we don't care as long as that child wins gold, for the glory of Mother Russia, she could die in the medal ceremony. This sport takes a lot out of you, most skaters have knee and ankle problems, after their career is over, because of all of the crazy jumps they ahve to do. It is never enough oh a triple axel, triple toe loop is not enough, you need to do a quad toe loop or you will be at a disadvantage, in the women's field.
You are right two words Playboy CHILD ABUSE.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Don't forget @Playboy she is a Russian athlete so she doesn't have much of a say and they screwed her, and robbed her of her dreams. She wanted to win gold, since she was 3 years old. She is good enough to do it. IF she has a preexisting heart condition and they are giving her medicine to hide that, this is called CHILD ABUSAE This stinks to high heaven and the doctors, and Russian sports people, need to be
1- Immediately removed from their post and 2 serve some prison time.
God forbid, what if she collapsed on the ice, then we would be talking about a different tragedy, the death of 15-year-old Russian girl on the ice. This makes me so sick to my stomach I want to vomit. I feel bad mostly for HER and the other clean skaters who will have their moment robbed like 22-year-old American Chen. She deserved to be on that podium, with the rest of her American teammates and she won't ever get that back. She can get her medal but not the ceremony, that sucks she is an innocent by standard. Why punish team USA when team Russia screwed up? I say the punishment should be a MIMIUM of 2 more Olympics, 1 summer, one winter, as you are the Russian-Olympic Committee, no medals or anthems for you. Clearly, they did not learn their lesson. I can't believe how brash they are, the eye of the entire WORLD is on Russia right now and they are STILL saying "We simply don't care and are going to cheat to get gold."
What is the true cost of gold there is a 15-year-old girls life at stake here, let's be human beings and not animals? That is why 15-year-old Alana Zagitova gave the middle finger to Russia, after she got her gold and said, 'They treat us like we are cattle."
Well said Allana, well said, I hope nothing happens to you and you are still alive.
Keep in mind in Russia you do what you are told, or they will replace you, the athlete doesn't have a say, most of the time the athlete doesn't even know what They are retaking. She doesn't get off free she did wrong as well, that is why no medal, and nobody is buying the lame grampa's medicine cabinet excuse, I think she is playing dumb as well but knows what she did, 15 and 11 months vs 16 and 1 month should not be the difference between knowing what is right and what is wrong, she got off on a technicality, her age.
This stinks to high heaven.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What's the population of less than 5 million, Croatia made it to a World Cup finals in the World Cup semi finals, 3rd place. What I'm trying to say is sometimes good things come in small packages. Norway has got it going on in winter Olympics and they have the best skiers in the world. For USA in winter Olympics they did not bad. If China were not hosting they would've made it in the top three. That's not bad for a country more known for Summer Olympics.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
And did you read the part that I said I WOUDL NOT go to war and help the Russians out, when they are the aggressors? Also again, please explain the logic of if X is kiri then y is not kiri, in mathematics we call this independent variables, when one outcome does not rely on the other. For example, that is like you are on the roulette table and it lands on red. On the second spin, you still have a 50/50 chance(well not factoring in zero and double zero) of it being red or black.
If the case is this- you have 4 red marbles, 4 yellow and 4 blue, and you take one marble out but do not replace it, then draw another marble, then it becomes a dependent variable.

Biden and Trump are both pretty kiri. The Presidents who did the best job on Russia were Obama and Reagan. I would not take a life of an innocent person, be it Ukranian, Russian, Arab Iranian or whatever. 2- I would not go in a foreign war and help the Russians so I answered Tehol B's question and 3- unfortunately with the youth in Ukraine, there is a lot of far right, white nationalism going on. I would, however, shoot a Ukranian white nationalist and not feel bad but I would aslo shot an American one as well, just to be fair, I would shoot an Iranian racist also. I am an equal opportunity anti racist. Oh and btw have you ever dated a woman of color or a minority because i have so don't call me a racist, if you only dated Iranian girls. The current girl I am with is also not from Iran, she might be white Russian and Bulgarian, but she is not from Iran so I'm the least racist person you will find here. I judge people by the content of their character, not their race. Furthermore, I have many black friends from the service whom I still keep in contact with to this day. My chief from boot camp called to wish me a happy 40th birthday, more so than I can say for anyone here.
Oh and side note, I got a Yamaha Clavianova 745, a very nice upgrade so in 3-6 months, Concert Hall and Russian Slaviansky Folk music will be back.
So please, just because you don't like me, I understand that, stop hijacing the Russia thread and i recommend you visit Kiev, Odessa, Sevastopol, St Pete's and Moscow.