Wishfull thinking...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
If Iran manages a win against Japan at home, you can put your money on Iran's qualification.

The following story is based on Iran's victory against Japan in Tehran:

- The game against N.Korea will most probably end up in a tie or victory for us. Branko will consider the same defensive tactic as the game against Bahrain. North-Korea will not be as strong as Bahrain in physical/technical fights, therefore, Iran will most probably come out with an easy draw or even a victory if the players play good enough.

- The home game against Bahrain will not be a pleasant game. We'll have problems against their defensive tactics and most probably tie them at home. We can't count on a victory against them unless we really perform well, but I think we'll manage to beat them. It's gonna be one of those nail-biting games that we are all used to. A game very similar to Iran - Qatar.

- The second game against Norh-Korea will definitly be a win for us, unless they pull a Jordan on us and get lucky. This is very unlikely since Iran will be a slightly better team by then(after playing 4 games). I'm predicting a 2-1 or 1-0 victory for Iran.

- Our final game against Japan will be very crucial and unfortunately we won't be safe going in to lose. A loss against Japan is very likely to happen, but going into this game with a minimum of 10 points will most probably put us in the 2nd place even if we lose.

As you can see, a tie against Bahrain WAS NOT a good result considering the possible outcomes of the future game. If we had managed to beat Bahrain in Manama, we could go into the last game with our under 12 team, and if we couldn't beat Japan at home, then we would still qualify because Japan would be losing points to us too(instead of us losing it to Bahrain).

I have a feeling Bahrain and N.Korea will steal points from each other which is good. I also think Japan will win both their matches against Bahrain(again probably good for us).

This is all based on our victory against Japan, so you can see how crucial this game is going to be. A tie or a loss against Japan will mean we're gonna have to wait for a miracle to happen.

At the moment Qualifying to Germany 2006 depends soley on beating Japan in Tehran, otherwise...

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Quite frankly, I'd rather not see Iran in Germany, if we're going to play the way we played in Tehran, China, Bahrain, Jordan or Qatar!

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Bi-honar said:
Quite frankly, I'd rather not see Iran in Germany, if we're going to play the way we played in Tehran, China, Bahrain, Jordan or Qatar!
wow,Im surprised to hear this from You! lol If TM had 60mil fans like you,they wouldnt even bother participating in WCQ games!!!

good points Soroush. Our result in Manama is indeed very crucial to the end.If we manage to defeat Japan, then Japan and us can work it out together to both qualify. but if we dont, Bahrain can pull it off again against us.