World Cup 2018 - News, fixtures, rumors prior to kick off on June 14

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Algeira is getting crushed. 2 -0 already. Mahrez is playing too... Are we better than them... I doubt it... we are so screwed…

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Yes, they are a solid team, but they can also be very emotional (احساساتى) just like us which will work against them. I know many Moroccans and we used to play pickup games against them every weekend. They were all excellent players and definitely better than us but we always managed to beat them 9 out of 10 times. Mostly because they could not control their emotions. We used to frustrate them but playing a very closed game (not parking the bus) and then score on them. Once the fall behind, they get very mad and play without their brain.
Comparing pick-up football with World Cup?

I can assure you neither the Moroccan team nor Iran are typical hot-heads you'd find at Sunday pick up games. Both teams are pros with experience.

It simply comes down to creativity and speed. Morocco has the slight upper hand in both. It'll be a nice close battle, unlike the games against Portugal and Spain which will be quite stupid in terms of level gaps.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Comparing pick-up football with World Cup?

I can assure you neither the Moroccan team nor Iran are typical hot-heads you'd find at Sunday pick up games. Both teams are pros with experience.

It simply comes down to creativity and speed. Morocco has the slight upper hand in both. It'll be a nice close battle, unlike the games against Portugal and Spain which will be quite stupid in terms of level gaps.
I have to disagree with you. Some of these Moroccan guys we played against actually played professional football and were/are excellent players. But still would let the emotion part get on their way. So, it was not just a normal pickup game as you put it. Us Iranians also enjoyed few ex-professional players in our team as well.

May 9, 2004
من بازیهای دوستانه مغرب و سلوواکی کرواتی صربیا رو دیدم
این تیمی که من دیدم از پرتقال هم قویتره
یک سرو گردن از ایران بالاتره
نه تو بازیها رسمی نه تو بازیهای دوستانه یک باخت هم نیاورده
بخشکه شانس با چه تیمهایی هم گروه شدیم

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
You seem to watch too much Arabic sports channels don’t believe the hype. Morocco lost 5 or 6 times in 2017 and they qualified from a pretty easy group hooloo boro to galoo 3 wins and 3 draws (0-0) and Ivory Coast are not a good team any more. They also conceded against Estonia last night. As I’ve said in the past their last wc appearance was in 98 hardly a power house in Africa init? Don’t get me wrong is a tough match for Iran but a match we can win. Stronger than current European champions Portugal ????? Come on dude loool

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Ka az becheh Abodan baeedeh in harfa ! wey …..! loolashoon mikoneem !!

begeer balla sarreto daad bezan Iran sarvareh !:D

Baa daasteh khali jangeedan too khooneh mast ...;)

MAN AANAM KEH ROSTAM BOVAD PAHLAVAN