World-cup 2018 , QF, SF and Final ( News , Results and updates )

^^ Taermi to Mandzukic comparison should not be limited to how they manipulated the ball at those precise moments.

The comparison should include what the brains of each player was capable of calculating prior to moving those leg muscles and attempting a shot.

Taremi's brain is full of KOS-SHER, while Mandzukic's brain has been professionally trained to visualize the goal relative to his standing angle and adjusting his foot accordingly.

Nov 24, 2002
^^ Taermi to Mandzukic comparison should not be limited to how they manipulated the ball at those precise moments.

The comparison should include what the brains of each player was capable of calculating prior to moving those leg muscles and attempting a shot.

Taremi's brain is full of KOS-SHER, while Mandzukic's brain has been professionally trained to visualize the goal relative to his standing angle and adjusting his foot accordingly.
Well obviously we are talking about a world class power forward/winger vs A good Asian level player but if i am not wrong Mandzukic can score with both foot while Taremi is only right footed.

Well obviously we are talking about a world class power forward/winger vs A good Asian level player but if i am not wrong Mandzukic can score with both foot while Taremi is only right footed.
That's my point. We can't just say Taremi should have finished a chance like that like Mandzukic did. We should say Taremi should've been brought up in ways similar to Mandzukic. He should've been trained and taught work ethics like Mandzukic. Then and only then could we expect similar results.

Honestly, as hard as Taremi works on the field, I still find him a low-IQ player. Such players are very frustrating to watch.

Taremi's body is much more capable than his brain. The exact opposite of a player like Griezmann whose brain is much more capable than his body.

Griezmann is often a joy to watch because when his body complies with his brain's orders magical stuff happen. Taremi is frustrating to watch because even when his body screams "I'm ready", his brain farts out stupid decisions.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
To be fair the Portuguese goalkeeper is in a much better position than the English keeper too. The former is in the middle of the goal while the latter is on the far left, creating a wider angle for the Croat to score.

If Taremi had that wide angle to his right, he may have decided to shoot that way.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
After the match: that man used to have an immense set of testicles
LOL. Reminds me of another Croatian man who ran into a bit of a testicle trouble while at the beach.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/eish/man-finds-himself-in-testicle-debacle-287847

Man finds himself in testicle debacle

A Croatian man got a nasty surprise when he tried to get out of his deck chair and found his testicles had got stuck.

Mario Visnjic had gone swimming naked in the sea at the Valalta beach in western Croatia.

His testicles had shrunk while in the cool sea and slipped through the wooden slats when he sat back down on his wooden deckchair.

But as he lay in the sun they expanded back to normal size and got stuck between the slats.

He was eventually freed after he called beach maintenance services on his mobile phone and they sent a member of staff to cut the deck chair in half. - Ananova.com

Feb 4, 2005
FIFA’s 2022 World Cup in Qatar will take place between November 21st and December 18th. The World Cup has always been a welcomed spectacle during a long football free summer, rather than an interruption of the football season. Darn shame we have to wait 8 years.
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) July 13, 2018

FIFA’s 2022 World Cup in Qatar will take place between November 21st and December 18th. The World Cup has always been a welcomed spectacle during a long football free summer, rather than an interruption of the football season. Darn shame we have to wait 8 years.
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) July 13, 2018
So how will this work? Will leagues kick off earlier in 2022 or finish later in 2023?

Feb 4, 2005
So how will this work? Will leagues kick off earlier in 2022 or finish later in 2023?
Ridiculous....I really don't know...earlier and extended winter break (teams need players 2 weeks in advance and rest of December will have to be shut down because they need rest after WC tournament) so it will probably an interruption of almost two months Nov 5-Dec 31

Ridiculous....I really don't know...earlier and extended winter break (teams need players 2 weeks in advance and rest of December will have to be shut down because they need rest after WC tournament) so it will probably an interruption of almost two months Nov 5-Dec 31
lol, weren't they supposed to be equipped with AC ?

Nov 24, 2002
would be great...would love for Inter to hold the record.

Where I am living, 95% of all former Yugoslavians, even Serbs, are rooting for Croatia. Would love them to win it.
Me too, with gap became closer and closer between the nation, it is time for not traditionally giant to win it, specially for a small nation such as Croatia.