World Cup coach salaries

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Carlos Queiroz was one of most paid one . there was no way a country like south africa pay him money that we paid him . actually i don't see him get money he gets in Iran from any other country other than Persian Gulf's ones

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Carlos Queiroz was one of most paid one . there was no way a country like south africa pay him money that we paid him . actually i don't see him get money he gets in Iran from any other country other than Persian Gulf's ones
well seeing as South Africa paid 1.2 million to Parreira back in 2010 (source: http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/2010-world-cup-salaries-32-coaches-released), they could pay something in that range. But indeed, I'm not sure they'd pay quite as much as IFF..

Then again, it's not like that 1.5 million would be used for useful stuff to improve our football. It would probably go in some corrupt, useless people's pockets. At least let it go into some useful pockets.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
would you work with IFF for less money and put up with their daily BS? I think you would at least ask for the maximum money to make yourself fell better while working with bunch of besavad and dehati!! otherwise you would not last more than 6 month

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
would you work with IFF for less money and put up with their daily BS? I think you would at least ask for the maximum money to make yourself fell better while working with bunch of besavad and dehati!! otherwise you would not last more than 6 month
well it depends what is your choice. we bash IFF but most of federations in Africa are 100 times worst than what we see from IFF . if CQ gets same money from a decent European teams then i understand but the way he is still available i doubt he has better offer . i mean who would want stay in Iran if he was offered same money from a country like Swiss , Sweden ,etc lets say ..

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Iran job is not as bad as it is advertised. There is a so called professional league with $140 M annual expenditure. There is actually a world class stadium, and a decent camp. Scores of players to choose from. People and players are actually closer to normal than crazy. Iran is fairly safe and social restrictions usually do not apply to foreign consultants. It is a soccer crazy nation. There is low income tax. Tehran and major cities have neighborhoods that are actually nice. Western Europe is a mere 4-hour-flight away. Urban higher class are cultured. Food is good. IFF might be dysfunctional but they will finally do what you wan them to do. Your salary is virtually protected by FIFA rules. $2M a year is not bad at all, goes a long way in Iran.

So, as they used to say "marg mikhai, boro Gilan"!

Aug 21, 2005
next door
well it depends what is your choice. we bash IFF but most of federations in Africa are 100 times worst than what we see from IFF . if CQ gets same money from a decent European teams then i understand but the way he is still available i doubt he has better offer . i mean who would want stay in Iran if he was offered same money from a country like Swiss , Sweden ,etc lets say ..
we do not know what his motivations are tho!! he came to iran to fulfill his dreams of going back to Brazil. he joined only a handful of world coaches to experience world cup with two or more different nations.

or when Julio Valsco came to iran to help our volleyball team, then left to go back to his home country. so when you get to the level of these coaches they want a challenge, they want to experience other things etc

Aug 21, 2005
next door
Iran job is not as bad as it is advertised. There is a so called professional league with $140 M annual expenditure. There is actually a world class stadium, and a decent camp. Scores of players to choose from. People and players are actually closer to normal than crazy. Iran is fairly safe and social restrictions usually do not apply to foreign consultants. It is a soccer crazy nation. There is low income tax. Tehran and major cities have neighborhoods that are actually nice. Western Europe is a mere 4-hour-flight away. Urban higher class are cultured. Food is good. IFF might be dysfunctional but they will finally do what you wan them to do. Your salary is virtually protected by FIFA rules. $2M a year is not bad at all, goes a long way in Iran.

So, as they used to say "marg mikhai, boro Gilan"!
as a foreigner living in iran you are also treated very well.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Since Iran has a hard time getting a foreign coach, they need to pay higher salary to get anyone to agree.
why do they have a hard time? Coaches go deep into Africa. They go to Iraq, go to Syberia, go to Saudi Arabia. IFF used to pay much less than $2M a year and they wanted qualified coaches. It was difficult then, but with Average coaches making 3/4 of a million a year in Iran, the might for hiring foreign coaches is closer to the higher end of scale now.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Vahid halilhodzic was getting around 700k from Algeria .his resume is not bad . coached in some decent clubs as well . if CQ is not back i want IFF try to get him . he coached PSG, Rennes ,Lille, Trabzonsport, cote d'ivoire and a club in Saudi also .

Aug 21, 2005
next door
Vahid halilhodzic was getting around 700k from Algeria .his resume is not bad . coached in some decent clubs as well . if CQ is not back i want IFF try to get him . he coached PSG, Rennes ,Lille, Trabzonsport, cote d'ivoire and a club in Saudi also .
hala hamen agha Vahid vaghty be ma mereseh hatman $1.5 million mikhod, khone mikhad, mashin mikhad etc..... the point is with the situation of iran everyone who comes to iran wants to MILK it as much as possible, heck when Afshin "Emperator" MILKED the money, did not pay any taxes and got the fuck out without even looking behind himself! hey goft ghalbeh sheer, gayed maroo, hala mikhay yek khariji pool naghereh va sare maro shere namaleh!!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Let Ghalehnoei or Haji Mayeli take over this team. If I have 5 millions, I spend every penny of that on the U23 that can play in Brazil in 2016. I make sure they know how to defend, but I also make sure they learn how to attack and more importantly how to transition. We need in average to export 4 players like JB and Azmoun to Europe every year for 4- 5 yrs t change our profile. We need them before too late in Europe. Defenders are hot commodity as it was put by Mahdi, but nobody buys older slower fragile defenders, no matter how well they work together as a unit for 3 games. We need to present young physically strong and technically adept attacking options. They will learn tactics, strategy, and communication in Europe, and they will be the substrate for making success for the next world cup.