World Cup Friendly Results and Discussions [R]

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
BTW, the last few important international friendlies as related (previous and future opponents) to Iran in the past 2 months were:

Mozambique 1 - Angola 1
Bulgaria 2 - Belarus 1
Motenegro 1 - Ghana 0
Bosnia 0 - Egypt 2
Greece 0 - Korea Republic 2
Mexico 0 - Nigeria 0

May 12, 2007
BTW, the last few important international friendlies as related (previous and future opponents) to Iran in the past 2 months were:

Greece 0 - Korea Republic 2
And Bosnia won Greece 3-1 in WCQ at home. Resut is Bosnia at most as strong as south Korea

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well it seems like Germany, the team I love to watch and route for outside of Iran, was not taking this game against Poland too seriously they gave 12 guys their debut. Could we even call this Germany v Poland or should we call it Team Bundesliga v Poland.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I know there's no shortage of big club games today with the FA Cup Final, the Barcelona-Atletico game and the Borussia-Bayern game in the DFP Pokal final, but as far as international friendlies, the Netherlands-Ecuador @ 2:30 p.m. EST (6:30 p.m. GMT) should be a good one if you have time to watch it.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I know there's no shortage of big club games today with the FA Cup Final, the Barcelona-Atletico game and the Borussia-Bayern game in the DFP Pokal final, but as far as international friendlies, the Netherlands-Ecuador @ 2:30 p.m. EST (6:30 p.m. GMT) should be a good one if you have time to watch it.
Yeah. Ecuador is a potential opponent for TM Iran in the first knockout stage. we need to watch their games as well as games by other Group-E teams , France , Honduras & Switzerland. see , i'm looking ahead and beyond group stage. :)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
LOL. Not the sexiest fans, but I say bring'em on!
Antonio Valencia is gonna be quite handful at Ecuador's right flank. he was a key player in Ecuador's World Cup Qualification and also finished the season strong at Manchester United. i expect him to do well in Brazil.

And Tony has also done well for himself in terms of family life. :drunk:

She loves Manchester United.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Holland will be playing with pretty much a B-team. The players playing outside of Holland won't be starting, except for van Persie. Also, van Gaal will be trying a 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation. The line-up will probably be:
------------Cillessen-------------
----Veltman-de Vrij-Martins Indi--
Janmaat-------------------Kongolo
---------Clasie----Blind----------
-----------Wijnaldum------------
-----van Persie---Depay---------

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Holland was far from impressive tonight, drew 1-1 with Ecuador and played a weak game. The 5-3-2 experiment failed IMO. Ecuador took the lead after bad defending by hyped up defender Veltman, he's been making mistakes left & right for Ajax as well and should really not go to Brazil. Van Persie, the only non-Eredivisie starter tonight, equalized. Kongolo made his debut after a good few months with Feyenoord, that guy's got talent.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Ecuador 1 Holland 1

Great chest control and cool one-timer finish by Robin Van Persie.

[video=youtube;__cIFyCaNzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__cIFyCaNzQ[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ecuador is not bad but if you really want to see the hot women you need to go to Colombia my friends. I've never been myself but from what I hear they have some drop dead smoking hot chicks in that country along with Venezuela. Too bad Venezuela didn't qualify. Honestly Ecuador receives a C or a 7 out of 10 in this category decent girls but not smoking hot. Ill say this much though Quito, the capital of Ecuador is nice.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
I think van Gaal made a mistake ignoring players like Douglas, van Dijk and Pieters. Douglas and van Dijk are strong CB's who will be more useful than the likes of Veltman and de Vrij. Pieters is not worse than current LB's like van Aanholt and Blind. Now Holland has an Eredivisie-defence (except for Vlaar), and we all know what fortresses defences in the Eredivisie are..

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
^^

are you suggesting that this holland team is not going far with this defence?
yes. Not a very difficult conclusion, I know ;) This Holland's attack is great, midfield is reasonable without Strootman and defence is below average. Van Gaal should've invited stronger CB's like van Dijk and Douglas, at least in the preliminary squad, instead of counting on ladies like Veltman and de Vrij (though they have their qualities). And the full backs will be a worry, just like 2 years ago (this time with different players).