mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

African WCQ

Egypt (6 points) vs Zimbabwe (1 point)
Tuesday , March 26

Algeria (3 points) vs Benin (4 points)
Tuesday , March 26

African WCQ tables ( winners of 10 groups will be paired in 2 legged playoffs to determine the 5 teams going to Brazil)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/standings/index.html

Oceania WCQ

New Zealand has already won the Oceania group thanks to Ipswich Town's Tommy Smith 94th minute goal to beat New Caledonia by 2-1.

New Zealand will play a 2 legged playoff tie against the 4th place team from CONCACAF.the winner will go to Brazil.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
why would you want a tie in SK/Qatar game? I would rather see SK destroy Qatar.
Well! If Lebanon happens to get a point or more(this one is not likely) from Uzbekistan, then it is good if S. Korea wins against Qatar, but if Uzbekistan wins tomorrow, we need for Qatar to have at least on paper a chance to advance when it plays against Uzbekistan on the last match day for this group. Otherwise, Qatar will just hand that match to Uzbekistan since the match has become a pure formality. Having won against Lebanon and Qatra, Uzbekistan will finish with 14 points even if it loses to S. Korea while TM will only have 13 points even it beats both Qatar and Lebanon. That means we will need at least a draw against S. Korea in our last match. You can't expect the Koreans to just give us a point when they are playing at home even if they have already qualified.
A draw in Qatar-S. Korea match also means that S. Korea really needs to fight to advance. That means they will make sure to beat Uzbekistan. They will not be content with a draw in that match. Who knows? The last match day for this group may turn into a strife between Iran and S. Korea to qualify while Uzbekistan is still in.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Australia vs Oman will kick off in a couple of hours.should be a good one. both teams are at 5 points with Oman having played one more match.

Live broadcast by several TV channels including Sports Plus , Al Jazeera Sport 2 & Australia Fox Sports.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Crazy schedule for me today extending to midnight and beyond. i should get paid for this. :)

Australia vs Oman
South Korea vs Qatar
Uzbekistan vs Lebanon
Kuwait vs Iran
Montenegro vs England
France vs Spain (recorded)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
FT

Solomon Islands 0 New Zealand 2

Both goals by 19 year old Tim Payne who plays for English Club Blackburn Rovers.

New Zealand has won the Oceania group and will play a 2 legged playoff tie against the 4th place team from CONCACAF.the winner will go to Brazil.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Australia vs Oman

Game will kick off in a few minutes.

I like the Aussie TV buildup of the games.it reminds me of their premature victory buildup in Melbourne 1997 and this guy who pissed on their parade.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Australia vs Oman

Goal keepers Schwarzer & Al-Habsi leading their respective teams out of the tunnel and onto the pitch.one plays for Fulham and the other plays for Wigan in English Premier League.