World Cup qualifiers around the world(June 2017), Results, Updates, Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
He's a good coach.
He loves attacking and is aggressive. Most of the players are already familiar with him.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I don't really know what happened to Korean football in the past 10 years. They had clearly escaped the stigma of Asian football and had ascended to much higher levels, but something went wrong. Was it cultural? Infrastructural? Or did they simply move too fast?

They will make a come back. A big one. This is not a real representation of what Korea has to offer.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
I don't really know what happened to Korean football in the past 10 years. They had clearly escaped the stigma of Asian football and had ascended to much higher levels, but something went wrong. Was it cultural? Infrastructural? Or did they simply move too fast?

They will make a come back. A big one. This is not a real representation of what Korea has to offer.
They had luck when they were bad and, bad luck when they were good.

For example their 1990 and 1994 teams were actually really good but they just couldn't mesh. Where as in 2002 everything they needed to go right happened for them (on top of shambolic reffing).
Their 2006 and 2010 teams were also quite solid.

Even at their worst they still do good for Asian standards - just watch them qualify directly for World Cup 2018 (I think they will beat us in Seoul).
This qualifying tournament is an outlier.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Even at their worst they still do good for Asian standards - just watch them qualify directly for World Cup 2018 (I think they will beat us in Seoul).
This qualifying tournament is an outlier.
Precisely. That's why I think they're easily above all other Asian teams even when everything is going terribly for them.

The shambolic refereeing of that shameful tournament in 2002 (I don't consider it a real WC) aside, they were actually playing way above anything Asia has ever produced or is producing. I think as money entered their football in the form of investment, capitalism slowly took over and the collective goal lost its importance. Agents are probably playing a bigger role than their federation or clubs.

Not sure, but this definitely isn't the real Korea. They're better than this.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Precisely. That's why I think they're easily above all other Asian teams even when everything is going terribly for them.

The shambolic refereeing of that shameful tournament in 2002 (I don't consider it a real WC) aside, they were actually playing way above anything Asia has ever produced or is producing. I think as money entered their football in the form of investment, capitalism slowly took over and the collective goal lost its importance. Agents are probably playing a bigger role than their federation or clubs.

Not sure, but this definitely isn't the real Korea. They're better than this.
This.
International football is being killed - not because its lower quality or time consuming, but rather because it doesn't make enough money for middle men and money launderers.
Club football right now is about a mafia of agents, their "products" and various owners who clean money for criminals, dictators and real estate mafiosos worldwide.

It used to be trendy to hate on international football - now its shockingly cleaner than club football.
Sort of like volleyball in Iran compared to football in Iran!

Back to South Korea specifically - talking to their fans - their federation has gone very cheap and so have their clubs - they don't want to spend money on good coaching and they care less about youth development. They also have the sarbazi issue too.
As you said though, they have the pedigree and even at their worst still do very well.

Japan is running into this issue as well. In 2014 I expected them to possibly get into the QFs, in the end they were probably the worst performing Asian team on the field. And even now they are struggling.

Right now in international football...

1. Germany.
2. Brazil.

3-20 - A mix of Conmebol and UEFA teams.

21-60 - a bunch of decent but not great teams

61-end - everyone else.

It's a rule of thumb in football, since the day 1 and since those Sailor got off their boats and introduce football to the people of Uruguay and Argentina over 100 years ago, National teams need Golden generation . so what happened to Korean ,Japanese, France, Spain , Poland , etc, return no answer ,..

Here is a list of Once they used to have golden generation but look at them now .....

Portugal 2000-2006
Italy 1998- 2006
Nigeria 1994-1998
France 1998- 2006 maybe better than others in the list
Spain 2008-2012
Hungary – 1950-1956

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It's a rule of thumb in football, since the day 1 and since those Sailor got off their boats and introduce football to the people of Uruguay and Argentina over 100 years ago, National teams need Golden generation . so what happened to Korean ,Japanese, France, Spain , Poland , etc, return no answer ,..

Here is a list of Once they used to have golden generation but look at them now .....

Portugal 2000-2006
Italy 1998- 2006
Nigeria 1994-1998
France 1998- 2006 maybe better than others in the list
Spain 2008-2012
Hungary – 1950-1956
A very unscientific and mostly irrelevant argument in this case.

Golden generations are defined as a bunch of experienced players who have played together enough to generate an above-average level of chemistry and achieve more than expected.

Not the case in Korea's story.

A very unscientific and mostly irrelevant argument in this case.

Golden generations are defined as a bunch of experienced players who have played together enough to generate an above-average level of chemistry and achieve more than expected.

Not the case in Korea's story.
Exactly or let's say Golden generation means to have redundancy of talents in every department so you can float your boat for a good few years and it happens once in god knows how maany years ,now back to your question , Have Korea had that for the last 10 years ?

Feb 4, 2005
UAE host KSA today. The game that is of great importance not just for those two but for Japan and Australia. UAE's only hope of finishing third (or even second) is to win today. There have been usual rumors of match fixing to ensure Saudi's qualification. Very interesting group as 4 teams are still in the run:

Japan 17, KSA and Australia 16, UAE 10

UAE - KSA, Japan-Australia

Iraq-UAE, Australia-Thailand, KSA-Japan

UAE host KSA today. The game that is of great importance not just for those two but for Japan and Australia. UAE's only hope of finishing third (or even second) is to win today. There have been usual rumors of match fixing to ensure Saudi's qualification. Very interesting group as 4 teams are still in the run:

Japan 17, KSA and Australia 16, UAE 10

UAE - KSA, Japan-Australia

Iraq-UAE, Australia-Thailand, KSA-Japan
I cant find in any way, shape or form UAE can qualify

it's 1 in 10000000000000000000 .

Feb 4, 2005
I cant find in any way, shape or form UAE can qualify

it's 1 in 10000000000000000000 .

Very unlikely yes but two wins put them at 16 points and if KSA loses both games (one against UAE today) then UAE may qualify as third team. However I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't put any efforts today and simple gave the game away.

Feb 4, 2005
Hehehe! I just noticed the massive GD. Never mind, they are fucking out and KSA can be assured of three points today.

Last edited:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
If the difference is based on goals and not facing each other then they literally have no chance of matching that goal difference even with 2 wins. But the game is still super important and should be good as where its a neck to neck race for 1-3 as where Japan and Aussies are playing this week and on the last day Saudi will play Japan and Australia plays Thailand in an easier match. So Saudi, Japan, Australia still have everything on line as one of them (Hopefully Saudi) will be going into 3rd spot and will play South Korea preferably in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.