World cup qualifiers Oct 2017 (R)

Feb 4, 2005
Quite a busy and important week.

7 more teams from Europe, 2 more from CONCACAF and 3 more from SA will qualify for WC after this round. Also some Aftican teams may qualify even though their final round is in November. All intercontintal matches as well as Europe home and home playoff games will also be determined.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Poland is leading Armenia 3-1 (HT). If they win (as expected) they will remain top of group C with 22 points. A draw between Montenegro an Denmark (both with 16 points) later today will send Poland to WC, otherwise they will have to wait until Oct 10 when they face Montenegro.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Every team is drooling to have Poland in their group at the WC. I don't know how this team always makes it to the WC. They're terrible. Haven't been good since the 80s.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Every team is drooling to have Poland in their group at the WC. I don't know how this team always makes it to the WC. They're terrible. Haven't been good since the 80s.
Also either MN or Denmark finishing second and assuming they win the Euro Playoff will be a relatively easy oppononet

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ya and I am not buying their #6 FIFA rankings either, honestly they are 80% Lewey driven. Poland had some great teams in the 70s and in the 80s but that is it, very similar to Russia. Two games are up next England v Slovenia and Germany v NIR(the game I will be watching). You know NIR is going to not play an open game, and it is not going to be easy for Germany. NIR is one of the most improved teams in Europe, they deserve their #20 fifa ranking, they should not be taken lightly and are in a decent position, as the #2 in the group. Also 5 current Bayern players,(Boetang, Kimmich, Muller, Hummels, Rudy one ex bayern(Kroos), one injuured Bayern(Neuer) and one reserve(Sule). Team Bayern Munchen/Die Mannschaft, I love it!

Last edited:

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Entertaining foot work by the Irish player (nutmegs two Germans). Unfortunately his delivery didn’t match the earlier effort.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
England wow they BARELY pulled that one off, thanks to Kane. Germany's win was much more convincing. England and Germany both qualify but Germany did it with some style.