Who was the worst player today??

• Daei

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Someone Else (Please Specify)

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Honestly I dont see the point in these types of polls... All our players were bad, and pickout out one or two in such a pathetic game only encourages fighting, name calling, and division...

If I must my vote goes to "Team-e Melli"

Behdad

National Team Player
Nov 7, 2004
Toronto, Canada
www.PersianWay.com
AliDaeiClone said:
Honestly I dont see the point in these types of polls... All our players were bad, and pickout out one or two in such a pathetic game only encourages fighting, name calling, and division...

If I must my vote goes to "Team-e Melli"

I agree they were all bad at least most of them!
But between all those, we have to pick the worst for todays game, and i think it was daei, but karimi was preaty bad too.

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well...

I dont know if Daei was the worst player, but he is the worst "problem". I dont know what kind of behind the scenes influence Daei has, but its just crazy the way Branko never subs him. He has proven to be the weak link since the Asia Cup and its just disgraceful how Branko never subs him. I mean Daei sits on the bench or at least doesnt play the entire game...first of all Hashemian will not be out of position, and secondly Kazemian, Borhani, Mobali, and Navidkia will have a place on the field. Daei is the "problem" even if he isnt the worst problem. Branko has to have the balls to sub him or bench him.

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Daei doesnt belong anywhere near a soccer field, Muchless the national team He was terrible. The rest of the players bad games were due to the coaching. Ivankovich told the players to get a tie!!! Did you see the interview after the game all the players said they were just doing what the coach told them to do. Iran could have beat them if they tried. IVANKOVICH MUST GO

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
vahid was playing out of the position .. he didnt have a good day but he was helping the mid some time especailly in left side where zandi was no familiar to the system and nosrati sucks as usual !

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
Daei and Hashemian.

But I suspect Hashemian could have had a better performance had he been used as our only forward rather than Daei. Remember how it worked out in Qatar?

And Daei...enough has been said. The price of his selfishness is only being paid by TM. khak too oon sareh Branko konan keh martikeyeh bozdel tokhmehso nadareh eeno biyareh beeroon.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Daei by far was the worst player on the field. Branko is just an idiot for never subbing Daei out, but again hist stupidity is no news to me. But Ali agha, please figure out yourself that you're not doing the team any favors and resign or something.

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
i think whoever posted such a useless poll is the worst player. what is the point of bashing team melli's coach and branko's choice to lead the team?

daei will not go away no matter how much u people bash him. he is branko's hero and will stay with the team until after WC 2006.

khuzestan

Football Fan
Feb 10, 2005
Daei has been our surakh for two years now, this player was good as long as he was a legionary, and now except scoring from penalty spot he can't do anything in 18 ghadam. Poor players like Hashemian and others who have to play in his shade and not in their real place.This guy seems to be his own Mafia in TM. Everybody is afraid of him and he acts like Pasha in the field, when he shots poorly nobody dares to tell him something, but WAI if somebody doesn't pass him. As long as TM is based on TAAROUf and Mafiosi like Daei we nver see world cup. He admits couple months ago that "there are alot of people in Iran who wish he would retire, I'm telling you Daei shame on you that you now that but still taking place of another player in the field.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
our worst player was Daei, but he was only slightly worse than the rest
the thing i noticed today is that he cant even head any more, or maybe its he cant jump any more, you cant even slip a 2 by 4 under his feet...

our best player was nekounam by far...

zandi was ok(considering it was his first game)

hashemian didnt do shiiite (honestly though, that marzoughi guy was a hell of a defender)

Mahdavikia was ok (hey what can i say, at least he tried)

Kaabi was horrible, couldnt even pass the ball to an open player

Karimi was horrible, (props to the Bahrain defense, we couldnt defend like them if it was a do or die for the wc)

Our defenders played ok, but Bahrain didnt have their two starting forwards

Mirzapour was ok, he saved a great header, but then fumbled the ball another time... the nerve of this guy, "im the 17th best goalie in the world", buddy youre not even Abedzadeh's left testicle... and he never claimed to be that good

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Daie is certainly part of the big problem if not the problem, but I am not sure if the problem starts with Branco to solve. I more convinced that Branco is in it for the easy ride. After each game, I keep telling myself that we will see the true potential of this talented team with new tactics and creativity, but sure enough, it's the same old formation, same old problems, the team as a whole acting lethargic and that part is the coach's problem.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think all our players (except our defense) sucked along with Branko! and Daei....Daei was just himself!!! ;)