Would you move back to Iran?

Would you move back to Iran?

• Total voters

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
I've got a question to all those who visit this forum, wherever they might be. Would you, if Iran became a free and prosperous country, move back to Iran? And by free, I mean democratic like Spain, France, or Brazil. By prosperous, I mean such that you can have the type of life you've got wherever you live right now in Iran - such that the standard of living in Iran is comparable to western Europe or North America.

I'm not sure, though I wouldn't mind experiencing a year and then deciding. I've lived my whole life outside of Iran and the culture clash could be difficult to deal with, but at the same time I've got so much family there and it's my homeland and I love the place.

Yeah I know this isn't the best question to be asking now that Dr.AN was elected, but it's nonetheless always a good idea to keep up hope in the future, even if that future seems impossible. So tell me what you think. thx

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
I don't think so! I can't see myself going back and live there. I love the place and all but I think NZ is more like home now for me.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Yes I will give it a try. specially if I dont have any attachment(husband/kids,etc) here.

call me crazy but Im actually going to give it a try this Summer when I go to Iran. gotta 30 first if its changed alot to worse or not(to live not just to have fun,etc). quite tired of this boring cold city to be honest with you..

MIHANDUST

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Niloufar jan,
Taklifeh ye nafar mesleh man ke 2 ta bacheh daram wa 25 sal ham kharej az keshwar hastam chi? madreseh bacheha? wa gheyreh?

- MIHANDUST

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
MIHANDUST said:
Niloufar jan,
Taklifeh ye nafar mesleh man ke 2 ta bacheh daram wa 25 sal ham kharej az keshwar hastam chi? madreseh bacheha? wa gheyreh?

- MIHANDUST
Mihandust jan,

dar in mored, hich omidi nist(I think)!!! every yr I go Iran has changed, che berese be 25 yrs!!
Apart from that, u may love to give it a try but your wife/kids may not like to do that.

PouyaFatemi

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Dallas, Tx
Unfortunately, I don't think Iran can come anywhere close to what you are saying throughout my life. It'll probably take at least one more generation, unfortunately :( This is coming from a guy who has spent more than 70% of his life in Iran

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I would go back only if things in Iran change such as the government, law and order, society and lifestyle, but this will probably never happen, so the answer is no. Its hard to move away from a civilized country into a third world country.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Iran stay alway in my heart !I have true love for my land ,Even if some people say Iran change alot! This is just because me and you go as tourist there to visti , as a tourist even Zambia looks good for you ! Ina hamash zahere gazeye hast !
Alot of people still suffer in our country just because of their personal faith, religions and ... !
No, defentaly any time soon i wont go to iran to live forever! once you live in free world you understand what is the mean of freedom! and again freedom to a reall mean of the word!

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
I don't see myself going back unless the economic situation improves.
Why should I go if there is no job for me or I can't afford a house there.
I would like to see a better government, but I would live in Iran if the economy was good whether under IRI or anyother regime.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
I have alot of love for iran and it will never be forgotten by me no matter in what part of the world i live in but unfortunantly i don't or will not be planning to going back to live in Iran unless something really really intersting happens...

I have just adapted to the US...coming here, having to learn the language in a very short period of time with packed up scheduals and stuff wasn't easy but now that i have adpated i don't see the reason to go back honestly...I know if i want to become something in the future my place would be outside of Iran but sometimes i think of the future and when i'm done with education to move back to iran and live there...

but then when i think about it...i've been out of Iran for quite a long time now...i have also forgotten farsi, my reading is awful...moving back to Iran is like the beginning of my life in the US.

So it's a big NO NO for me for now.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I voted No.. but deep inside I know I would try to live there. I feel conncted to the country and people.. but yet so far away from them...I don't know if words can describe it but let's put it this way ,.. the people I see in Iran are not the same as I remember them.. but I am sure I'll manage a way to get closer to them.

footballlover

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
I have lived outside IRAN for 22 years.I have a wife and two kids who were born here in the USA.I am afraid IRAN will not be improved to the point of me and my family moving there anytime soon (while my kids are still young enough),and if it becomes a suitable place to live in it will be too late for me and my wife because our kids will be grownup and won't be able to live in IRAN.It is sad when I think about it because I know that 10-15 years from now my wife and I may want to go back and live in the country where we came from but we won't ba able to!

Laanat bar mosabebinesh!

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I've lived outside Iran most of my life (30 years). While it is true that Iran has
changed a lot over that time, it has also remained much the same in many
ways. It all depends on through which filter you look at it. Many of us living
outside Iran are "ghahr" with Iran because of its politics. I don't blame those
who feel this way, but I've never felt this way myself. It's Iran's people,
culture, language, and history that define me, not its politics. I don't want
to sound cheesy or poetic, but Iran is the blood running through my veins.
Regardless of any change in Iran's politcal makeup, Iran is my final
destination and resting place. Another 8-10 years and a few more loose
ends to tie, and I'll go back.

هر کسی کو دور ماند از اصِل خویش
باز جوید روزگاِر وصِل خویش

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
I tried it a few years ago, lived and worked for couple of years before having to pack and return (purely for lack of financial stability) and will do it again in the future.

This time though things are a little more complicated; I can’t just easily pack up and go. We have two girls now, we can not and will not subject them to unjust backward Islamic laws in Iran that will encourage/advocate multi personality, deception as an acceptable character, being irrelevant in a man dominated society that make half of it’s citizens feel like a man’s property or a second class citizen.

In short, when my kids are old enough to understand the consequences of living under Islamic society with AN like creatures on top, we will seriously reconsider moving back.