WOW, what a story !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Jacque Demers, the former Hockey coach who had a career of almost 20 years in NHL publicly announced today he is the victim of illiteracy and not able to read and write , his book " Jacque Demers en toutes lettres published with the help of Journaliste ,Merio LeClerc ...
Demers was a former truck driver when he started to coach from Midget AAA in quebec to reach the Junior league and later he started his first NHL coaching experience with Norquie of Qyebec City, later he was back to coach in AHL , a level lower than NHL and finally return to cocah in NHL with a great club like red wings, he also coached st-louis, tampa , montreal canadien and won the stanly cup with his home side in 93..!
He cleary said in public and in his book today he and his mother were the victim of abuse when he was a child and due to anxiety trouble which was the result of neurochimic problems he wasnt able to continue the school to even learn how to read ..
Intersting part is during his stay in Tampa , Demers used to be at the same time the head coach and GM of the club ..

He said it was very hard to hide all that during the years and now i feel free , i didnt open my mouth because i could lose my job in NHL forsure ,
he also added when i was in state , every time i had to write a report of the game prepration to GM and president of club i asked someone else to do that and my exuse was " i am french " , when i came back to coach Montreal i said : i used to live many years in USA and i forgot about my french :)

Demers retired from his coaching career in 99 and became Reseau du sport ( RDS) hockey analyzer ..!he became 2 times the best coach of the year ,including during 93 season as a stanly cup winner !
He is a very well respected both as coach and person in hockey ..

What a story

Last edited:

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
since im new to hockey ive never heard of this guy.. but thats a remarkable story for the guy

talking about hockey Mahbod jan did u see the game against Panthers that was amazing in the last 9 seconds.. im beginning to like NHL :)

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
somewhat like the story of dexter manley the ex-redskins player who could never read or write. he got through school by having his girlfriend do his work etc. and got passed in college because he was a good football player. when he joined the redskins he could not sign his contract because he did not know how... after years he learned how to read and write and although he's been in jail a few times but he's out now and he's doing promotional speaking things...

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
lol @ behrang , well his case was better than demers , i am sure demers now can read the basic , i was reading the paper today( it was in front page of many local papers here in quebec) and he said : he can read but cant write ! ..
Well i have to say it was very tought for him ! dont know how he could do that , but knowing the guy for many years and watching his analyze in TV in regular base i have to say he is very strong in speech , plus the guy is much more respected by hockey expert than many others more educated than him ...

Amir jan , i never miss my team's game ;) if i cant watch it live i make sure i tape it ;)
btw: that was a lucky victory , thnX to refree to giving us the penalty in last minute so we could play 6 on 4 , two men advantages game ..:)

Last edited: