WTFFF!!!!Lara Logan breaks her silence

Aug 26, 2005
yes I was talking about this specific case.. you have been talking about general criminal behavior..

You don't think the crew blame themselves? I bet you they do..
First you talk about the generality in people being raped:

"it's not because they are worried that women get raped at the stadium.. women are getting raped in Iran, and they are not at the stadium.. Women are getting raped in America and there are no mullahs here"

Now you are saying this is a specific case. Well what makes this case so specific? They were men, celebrating, in a group. What about that situation should make a woman fear of being raped?

People blame themselves for things they could not logically safeguard. My mum blamed herself for my aunt's death because she had successful lap-band surgery, which made my aunt want to get it too and unfortunately for hers she died. Is it logical for my mum to blame herself? Get real.

she could have been killed, as I said before she admits that she didn't know how common this type of behavior is in Egypt..
do you think this crew would let this happen again? Yes or no?
Stop appealing to her crew's sense of guilt. It's pathetic.

If it was so prevalent that she should have known, she would have known. And what more, there were other women in that crowd that weren't raped - in fact, they were the ones that saved her. How do you explain this?

not prevalent, but very possible, specially in that part of the world.. specially if you know a little bit about Egypt..
So you are saying that men celebrating in groups, in Egypt, usually leads to rape - or enough so that one should expect rape to happen. Do you actually hear yourself?

Listen, I understand that rape happens, and that there are piece of shit men...but you are making a big stretch here. Who rapes people out in the open and who else joins in? It's not a common phenomena.

Not men, situations.. for example, getting drunk with men at college when she has just met them, with no other friends there.. look up NPR's report on this rape issue on U.S college campuses from a couple of weeks ago, I assure you they are not pro IR ideology.... it was an interesting show.. and you know what else is funny, a woman on the program said EXACTLY the same thing that I said which you are making a mockery off.. but I am tried of repeating things..
The men had complete control of their faculties. It wasn't a drunken orgy. Now you are equating elation with being drunk. So women should avoid all groups of men which are celebrating wildly...because who knows, you could be raped!

yeah, I guess that makes me abnormal..
It's not the only thing.

I didn't ask you if your mother or sister need your permission, I asked if you would let them or be OK with them going into a crowd of crazy Egyptian men..
See, you are stigmatising/generalising. It wasn't "crazy Egyptian men". Only a select few were crazy and we know that after the fact. On first sight it's just a big group of Egyptian men celebrating their revolution.

If my mother or sister wanted to go and celebrate, I see no reason why they can't; because unlike you I don't automatically think "here's a group of men, big chance of rape here". I'd be more worried of them getting lost in the crowd and pushed and shoved than thinking there's going to be a select few who are going to start ripping their clothes off.

"this way" as in a rapist? well, then I guess all the preachings that parents do is because they are that way too, rapists and molesters.. you don't have a child , I can tell..
Yes, "this way" in thinking like a rapist. If you had a family member or had some tragedy that makes you very sensitive to this issue I could fully understand your position. But in a logical point of view, generalising so much that every female should avoid a pack of celebrating men, is a stretch. As a man, I am insulted.

Kaz, I dont want to discuss this issue with you anymore because you jump from one thing to another without any relevance... from getting my son killed to my father having a car accident to accusing me of being a rapist or abuser, .. you don't state what you want to say in a clear, simple manor and love to go on and on about whatever.. make your point and move on.. I have already made my point.. and that is this:

the assholes who committed this crime get all the blame in the world, but the crew was reckless and made a stupid mistake at that moment..

Hala shom taa 100 saleh digeh ke rozeh bekhooni fayedeh nadareh.. I am not going to change my mind about the fact that this crew (including the reporter) made a poor judgment in their decision..
That's fine. But now you know I didn't misunderstand your position. I vehemently disagree with it.

Last edited:

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
In their (muslim) eyes she is just a kaffar, worth less than a muslim/human! They can do anything with her, and use her as a sex slave, that is islam. Imagine what these animals did with Iran when they invaded our motherland!

May 9, 2004
In their (muslim) eyes she is just a kaffar, worth less than a muslim/human! They can do anything with her, and use her as a sex slave, that is islam. Imagine what these animals did with Iran when they invaded our motherland!
دوست عزیز
شما اشتباه برداشت کرده اید
چند ماه قبل از سقوط رژیم حسنی مبارک همین کارها یعنی تجاوز به دختران مصری از جمله با حجاب و بی حجاب و نقابی و بی نقاب باعث شد
و انهایی که مورد تجاوز قرار می گرفتند همه زنان مسلمان بودند و اکثرا با حجاب همین انگلهایی که در این ویدئو این خبرنگار زن را مورد تجاوز قرار دادند همین کار را با یک زن نقابی و با حجا ب هم انجام می دادند تا انجا این کارها خشم مردم را بر انگیخت که
پارلمان مصری جلسه ای خاص تشکیل داد
و این رفتاری که از اینها سر زد کاری به اسلام و نظر این عده به کافر و مسلمان ندارد
کجای اسلام گقفته برو به زن اجنبی انگل بده
شماها از اسلام خوشتان نمی اید همه چیز را می خواهید به اسلام و مسلمین ربط بدهید مگر در همین امریکا روزانه دها زن مورد تجاوز قرار نمی گیرند
در مکسیک و شیلی چطور؟
توی مکسیک که از بس از این اتفاقات می افتد اتوبوس های مرد و زن را جدا کردند
ایینها هم مسلمان بودند ؟
یعنی تجوز به کودکان بوسیله عده ای کشیش را می توان بر گردن ایین مسیح انداخت ؟
و گفت مسیح گفته بروید به کودکان تجاوز کنید؟
یا تجاوز به صدها دختر لبنانی در حمله اسرائیل به بیروت و قتل عام انها را می توان از ایین موسی دانست
یا تجاوز به زنانا المانی بوسیله سربازان روسیه را بر گردن مارکس انداخت
حضرت علی می گوید جامعه ای که در ان یک گوشواره از زنی یهودی به سرقت رود جامعه ای اسلامی نیست انوقت شما می گویید اسلام گفته برو به زن غیر مسلمان تجاوز کن

[video=youtube;NVH6RKD_O-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVH6RKD_O-U[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3IGyyNa8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvRaGa6tk00&feature=related

Last edited:

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
First you talk about the generality in people being raped:

No , First, I talked about a Pretty blond Journalist jumping into a packed crowd of Egyptian men (and that's the subject of discussion here).... but, after that, a lot of other things were said in response to other members who were raising other issues regarding rape and rapists , in general.. You jump from one issue to another issue.. one can discuss rape, case by case, OR, one can discuss the issue of rape in a general sense. you want to do both at the same time in the same post.. you want to use examples of my son getting killed by a random act on the street and draw conclusion from that and use that conclusion on the case of an American Journalist getting raped by a pack of Egyptian men celebrating on the streets of Cairo.. You want to draw conclusion from a hypothetical scenario of my father getting into a Car accident driving down the road and use that in a discussion about a women getting gang raped in Egypt.. doesn't work like that for me..

as I said before, your posts show me that you are very naive.. maybe you are too young, I don't know.. but in 20 years time when you have children, don't tell them to be careful, don't wonder where they go or who they hang out with, and when your daughter plans on making a trip to Africa or some other shit hole country like Egypt, don't tell her anything about the bad things that she needs to look out for, and when she wants to join a crowd of men celebrating TM's victory in Iran, don't tell her not to.. But I will, and no amount of pretty talk by you or anyone else is going to change that. 100's of thousands of women get raped every year right here in the U.S, and 100s of thousands get raped or sexually assaulted but never report it.. no amount of law and punishment, no amount of pretty talk about "women rights" and no amount of liberalism has done anything to stop that.. you feel offended by that, too bad, remain offended until hell freezes over..

and FYI, no I have not been raped neither have I raped anyone, nor has any member of my family ever been assaulted, but I did have a good friend 20 years ago who had been raped by her date, a couple of years earlier .. I was with her when she, accidentally, came face to face with her rapist.. and that's how I found out about the rape.. she only talked once and for about 30 seconds about that horrible experience... no lengthy discussion about women rights or laws and punishments.. suffice you to say, she would laugh at your posts and your naive understanding of this issue of "rape"....

the best defense against rape is to avoid it.. all the talk about Laws and punishment and expectations that people should act civilized, is shit and useless to the victims of rape and their family AND those who first and foremost want to be protective of their loved ones.. the only reason a victim of rape feels a little joy when a rapist is caught and put in jail is because of the fact that the guy can't rape anyone else, that's all..

Last edited:

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Kaz jan, I think we have to keep in mind that things like this are not so much about absolute certainties as they are about odds.

Yes, it's unreasonable to think that every time there is a celebration like that a woman will get raped. But when you consider the facts that in countries like Egypt: 1) Respect for women in general is not that high, 2) More importantly, Western women are commonly viewed as exotic and prized commodities that are also "loose" and "sexually uninhibited", and 3) The conditions in that square were chaotic, bordering on lawless... It would have been perfectly logical to determine that putting a pretty blond woman in the middle of that crowd with questionable security was way too risky, bordering on reckless.

I'll put it to you this way: If I had a woman with me in that country (especially a beautiful western woman), there is no way in hell I would have wanted her out on those street that night.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
in the case of your fancy car, I would argue that as long as you were not harmed, insurance will take care of the damages to your car or pay for a new one.. but in the case of a woman getting raped, once she is raped, no amount of punishment for the culprit will make it OK for the victim.. that's the difference..
My point wasn't to suggest that the two crimes are identical, but to illustrate the fact that the negligence of the victim never absolves the perpetrator of responsibility.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
@ Kaz & Iran Zamin

I don't hold those who committed the raping of a helpless woman in main square of a "Major" town as much as I disdain those 1000s of 1000s who watched those animals who took turn on her. This is not an ordinary rape case, this is collective failure of a society as a whole.

They made me feel missing my mancave.

Feb 22, 2005
What do you expect when in a county like Egypt, one of the generals admits that they did virginity test on the girls that were arrested during the protests and then has the nerve to say that the girls were not like his daughter and the reporter's daughter and hung out in tents with men during the demonstrations.

This bastard and general like him and the hezbolihis (Iran) and backward people in the rest of the arab world are the disease of the world. Maybe solution is to put all of them on an Island so they can cover their women from head to toe and live like backward rats. But allow whoever of the women wants to get out and not wear the cover out.