X-men 3

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
i was a bit disappointed. it really felt more like a cartoon than a movie. too many one-dimensional characters shoved into a 2 hour movie.
there were too many heroes to follow. i think they should have done a bit more with fewer characters.
the "good guy" hero seemed to be wolverine, but on the bad side there was next to nothing of an interesting character like the phoenix. she was supposed to represent the completed next step in evolution with boundless power, but most of the time she was just standing around like a statue.

Jul 18, 2005
well i dont wanna give much away but yah she didnt really do a whole alot... but i thought the movie was pretty fun to watch. definetly worth watching in theatres. i liked it alot but it was kinda diffrent than the other two since they changed the director

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
I watched it yesterday and would take it over most of the movies that have been in theatres recently. One of the most enjoyable theatre experiences so far this year next to V for Vendetta. Shohreh Aghdashloo had a decent role in the movie and actually had some dialouge.

Overall, it was a good movie to watch and I would say that really all X-Men movies have been in the same range, fun to watch and enjoyable but not something to make you think for days. Go to the movies and watch it, I promise you that it will be fun.

Also, don't forget to wait until after the credits if u watch it in theatres or you'll miss something big.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
aminem3000 said:
well i dont wanna give much away but yah she didnt really do a whole alot... but i thought the movie was pretty fun to watch. definetly worth watching in theatres. i liked it alot but it was kinda diffrent than the other two since they changed the director
Personally, I think Brett Ratner is an idiot of a director to be honest, I mean all his movies that were even good to watch were thanks to the good story and cast. Rush Hour for example, he didn't do anything in terms of directing that stood out, it was Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. Red Dragon even was thanks to the story, After the Sunset was utter crap.
So I don't think it's so much the director but more the story that they picked for this one. It was a little bit different, somewhat political and people actually died :D