Yade Iran bekheir!?!

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I mostly avoid clips like that for the exact reason Arash mentioned. It's like looking at photos of an ailing loved one when they were healthy and in their prime, only to realize how much they have deteriorated. It only makes the present more unbearable. If anyone wishes to dispute this by posting "poll" results, save your breath. I'm not interested in a debate.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
We will do it again. I promiss you.
We were too soft - this caos has made us strong - has solidified secularism in Iran - what we realy needed.
Just teach your children and everyone else around you well

Jun 18, 2005
I do not know why all of this happened but it did and now we are in deep shit.

Khomeni was a big oskol and those who believed in him and worshiped him were even bigger oskols. :monk2:

May 12, 2007
Mamlekate adam solho safa bashe az hame jaye donya behtare.
Man bishtar mardomo moghaser midonam ta khomeini. Ena bikhod
khater khahe en goh shodan.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I do not know why all of this happened but it did and now we are in deep shit.

Khomeni was a big oskol and those who believed in him and worshiped him were even bigger oskols. :monk2:
WHY ??? Because the guy and his son who made all this possible and took us from the torn up country at the end of Qajar to where you see in these pictures, are still after all these years are called, Dozd, Jalad and .....

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
shit happened to us. Ma ke on moghe ha nabodim. vally khosh behale harki ke bod.
lol,vaghean. while looking at these clips, I still cant believe this was Iran! we, children of rev, always saw current Iran. maybe that wasnt too bad cuz we wouldnt get as depressed as older generations who saw the prev situation!!

WHY ??? Because the guy and his son who made all this possible and took us from the torn up country at the end of Qajar to where you see in these pictures, are still after all these years are called, Dozd, Jalad and .....
looool,so true!!and tells us about complexity of US "Iranian people". We dont learn from our mistakes to not repeat it atleast and we cant even AGREE on our mistakes. Our personal agenda/biaseness is always ahead of our nation and unity. so we shouldnt wonder WHY all this happened to us..ANYONE, like any individual/power/group can screw us easily..

Feb 22, 2005
Shahinc, Shah did all you said, but
Either he was out of touch with a big percentage of the people or he had a horrible public relation with them.

Part of being a great leader is having a vision and protecting your people. His actions oppressed the intellectual opposition while empowering the religious fanatics who enjoyed autonomy in the mosques. And he made mistake after mistake giving his opponents excuses, his biggest not executing Khominie.

Having to deal with leftists, religious, intellectuals, and foreign forces such as CIA, would have taken an extraordinary man who Shah was not. Something even Mossadegh failed at. Perhaps Reza Shah could have done it, but even he made a mistake that cost him his kingdom and the future of Iran.

His final mistake was leaving the country.

I do agree that it all comes down to the fault of the Iranian people. Did they really think an ideology especially one of a Islamic one could have brought them democracy? Did they not hear everyday how the religious kept complaining about how people should act? Problem is their leaders kept them for at least 1300 years oppressed under an ideology that separated them and kept them in the dark from the rest of the world. They failed to get outside of the box and see what religious ruling had done to the rest of the world.

Shah should had gotten to the uneducated first.

Bijans said it all:

we got raped.

Last edited:
May 9, 2004
واقعا چه بوديم چه شديم
ملت خوشی زده بود زیر دلشون
روانت شاد ای ابر مرد

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6uPYAqmK9s[/ame]

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
RIP to Farokhzad who gave up his life fighting the Islamic regime ruling over Iran.

As much as people try to put labels on the Shah and say he did wrong he was a true lover of Iran that did everything in his power to make his country and people succeed.

RIP

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKIU2q6EYqM&feature=related[/ame]

Mar 2, 2003
I will make a few quick points:

1- It amazes me to see the kind of thing many of you take pride at. Suffice it to say, Iran was a much bigger country than what was represented in the video posted by footballirani -- and is a far more developed country today, even in the superficial things (not counting the mini-skirts) highlighted in that video.

2- The Shah, in my eyes, is a tragic figure; he inherited an impoverished country under foreign occupation and, in his own way, tried to make it a better place. He didn't truly understand the country he loved and that country did not love him back in return.

3- Iran's revolution is now 30 years old and while a lot of mistakes have been made during this time, the slogans of the revolution still chart the right path for Iran: Esteghlal (Independence), Azadi (Liberty), Jomhoori Islami (Islamic Republic). And Iran's prospects of reaching those goals have never looked brighter. But it is a work in progress and there is a lot work that still needs to be done and undone.

4- You guys need to broaden your horizons and stop just listening to yourselves. The Iranian revolution was an important enough event, and Iran today is an important enough country, to receive -- amidst the propaganda pieces and news headlines -- also a wide range of informed analytical coverage in the West. And you should never deprive yourself of the image that Iran has of itself either, including from the biggest and most populous parts of Iran which you never wanted to learn about or listen to.

Hope you take my message in the spirit intended. I want all my country, or as much of it as possible, united and in one piece.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
the shah is a teragic figure but khamenie is a great leader who can order to rape 13,14 years old iranian girls before the execution, otherwise if those poor soul died virgin then they go to heaven and we don't want that . gee you guys don't you get it .now iran as a most popular rouge state in the world .