Yes We Can - Barack Obama Music Video

Jul 28, 2007
"Yes We Can" is a song inspired by a speech delivered by Barack Obama following the 2008 New Hampshire primary. Released on February 2, 2008 by Black Eyed Peas member will.i.am on Dipdive.com and also on YouTube under the username WeCan08,[1] the song features appearances by numerous celebrities (mostly musicians, singers and actors) in support of Sen. Obama's 2008 U.S. presidential campaign. The song was produced by will.i.am; the music video was directed by Jesse Dylan, the son of singer Bob Dylan.[2]
Although the lyrics are entirely quotations from a speech delivered by Sen. Obama in New Hampshire during the 2008 campaign, his campaign had no involvement in its production.[3] The music video, shot in a sparse black-and-white, features Barack Obama's image in collage fashion; many of the performers, an affirmative hoi polloi who serve as an anti-Greek chorus, echo his words in a hip-hop call-and-response manner as his voice plays in the background. The video premiered on the national media on ABC News Now's What's the Buzz entertainment program on February 1, 2008,[2] and on February 2 it was featured on the official Obama campaign blog.[4]

The following celebrities were featured in the song and music video:

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
fuck truth and honesty..

he got scarlett, common, john legend, kareem abdul jabar and the pussycat in his team..the man is sexy..

damn..he also got amber valletta...forget about everything!! privatize healthcare for what it's worth...

Aug 26, 2005
Yep, the power-elite are pulling out all the muscle to get their puppet installed.

Wait, LOL, he is talking about the founders? He's pretty much the example of the kind of President the founders didn't want.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Haha, actually, if it weren't for the founders All Men Wouldn't Be Created Equal.

His plans to spend, tax and his foreign policy strike him out before his skin would.
I guess that was the reason for slavery and race segregation, no??

"created" equal?? cretin!

What will you tell us next?? That if it wasn't for the Apartheid regime of South Africa, there would have been no black power movement?

Aug 26, 2005
I guess that was the reason for slavery and race segregation, no??

"created" equal?? cretin!

What will you tell us next?? That if it wasn't for the Apartheid regime of South Africa, there would have been no black power movement?

Haha, no I'll tell you another myth like Abraham Lincoln freed the blacks.

What's in the constitution is in the constitution. If they wanted blacks not to have equal rights it was a very easy thing to do. Because in history people have been wayward at interpreting/using their powers inequality has eventuated. Much like how Obama misinterprets it and most other politicians have for the past couple centuries.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Haha, no I'll tell you another myth like Abraham Lincoln freed the blacks.

What's in the constitution is in the constitution. If they wanted blacks not to have equal rights it was a very easy thing to do. Because in history people have been wayward at interpreting/using their powers inequality has eventuated. Much like how Obama misinterprets it and most other politicians have for the past couple centuries.
but you know that blacks didn't have equal rights until..hm..1960something, no??

I mean..I get the point, you are bored at work and you want to go on peoples nerves by arguing just for the sake of argument and then, because people realize that there's a donkey in the streets wanting to learn yasin, and that's something more productive to do, you can feel like the winner for simple endurance, but.....at some point it gets boring.

eitherway..fair enough...all men were created equal...by the US creatingfathers

have a good day...I have to meet the donkey..

Aug 26, 2005
but you know that blacks didn't have equal rights until..hm..1960something, no??
Yeah, but simplifying the issue as in: founding fore-fathers didn't want a black president is just inane. Some of them surely didn't whilst some of them did. It was the reality of the day and they couldn't come to an agreement without endangering the formation of a republic.

But the way you replied, as if being Black is the reason - and nothing else - in that Obama conflicts with the consitution is plain dumb.

I mean..I get the point, you are bored at work and you want to go on peoples nerves by arguing just for the sake of argument and then, because people realize that there's a donkey in the streets wanting to learn yasin, there's something more productive to do, you can feel like the winner for simple endurance, but.....at some point it gets boring.
LOL, this coming from you? Spare me.

eitherway..fair enough...all men were created equal...by the US creatingfathers

have a good day...I have to meet the donkey..

That's right...digress, spin the meaning...I get it.