your 2009 world player of the year

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
SHORT LIST
Michael Ballack (Germany), Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Diego (Brazil), Didier Drogba (Côte d'Ivoire), Michael Essien (Ghana), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Steven Gerrard (England), Thierry Henry (France), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Kaká (Brazil), Frank Lampard (England), Luis Fabiano (Brazil), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Carles Puyol (Spain), Franck Ribéry (France), Wayne Rooney (England), John Terry (England), Fernando Torres (Spain), David Villa (Spain) and Xavi (Spain).

heres mine
1- Iniesta
2- David Villa
3- Xavi Hernandez

honorable mention:
Messi
Thierry Henry
Ibrahimovic
Ronaldo

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o were all superb

I would give it to Xavi

Messi is great, Iniesta is great, Eto'o is great

but if you watched the first 20 games of La Liga last year, my god, I've never seen a player so fucking good in midfield.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2005
Its got to be Messi doesn't it?

but you know Barca had such a good season Messi, Xavi and Iniesta should be crowned equally..

shayanm

Bench Warmer
Nov 1, 2006
ali daei, and i'm not biased

but seriously, Xavi deserves it as much as messi if not more.
this award is given to a player that is outside this world. liek ronaldo or messi.
xavi is just a brilliant passer and best mdifielder but what messi has nobody else does in the world. its a clear choice imo.
2nd and 3rd can be debated. I think Xavi>Iniesta.
and C.Ronaldo>Iniesta.

Aug 26, 2005
LOL @ GERRARD... NO COMMENT DUDE

Stevie G felan teamesh reeeeede
LOL @ you. He was the best player in England last year. Or were you in a cave?

Here's that thread I started: [ame="http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?t=57610"]Your Top Players of 2008-2009 - Community - IranSportsPress.com[/ame]

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
if theres a player deserves to be player of the year from Liverpool.. its Torres. Period. Gerrard is a good player, thats about it :)

Mate ur telling me Iniesta, Villa, Ronaldo, Xavi are all behind Stevie G? baba beza aval yek premiership bebare dige esmesh biyar :D

shayanm

Bench Warmer
Nov 1, 2006
gerrard tokhm chap xavi iniesta ham nemishe.
and what did he do/win in this seaosn?NOTHING!
Xavi-Iniesta won the Euro with Spain (england didnt even qualify!!!) as well as a fuking treble.

Aug 26, 2005
if theres a player deserves to be player of the year from Liverpool.. its Torres. Period. Gerrard is a good player, thats about it :)

Mate ur telling me Iniesta, Villa, Ronaldo, Xavi are all behind Stevie G? baba beza aval yek premiership bebare dige esmesh biyar :D
Torres and Iniesta missed most of last year buddy. Ronaldo wasn't even good enough to get onto the short-list for PFA player of the year. Gerrard was PFA runner up, only because everyone felt nostalgic and gave it to Giggs (Gerrard has also won it anyway) and was the FWA player of the year.

Only two who are comparable are Xavi and Messi. Xavi had a great year, but then again he is in the best side in the world, by far. Gerrard was the reason we were only 4 points off the title last year. As for Messi, he is my number one.

gerrard tokhm chap xavi iniesta ham nemishe.
and what did he do/win in this seaosn?NOTHING!
Xavi-Iniesta won the Euro with Spain (england didnt even qualify!!!) as well as a fuking treble.
Haha, Shayan with another gem. 24 goals, 12 assists...nothing, right? If I made myself look as dumb as you, as often, I'd slit my wrists.

It's the other way round; those two will never get to Gerrard's level. They can thank their lucky stars they play for Barca, because they'd never be able to do what Gerrard did in 05 in a team like that.