Zico article - a got to read !!

soroushk

Bench Warmer
Oct 5, 2004
New York
He appears too confident for my liking. May be it's best for us if they are confident. They had a bad day against N Korea and they got away with a win. Hope their luck runs out against us on March 25.

Oct 19, 2002
I like his attitude, he tells we need to take 12p, he goes for 12p, aims for 12p,

but

Branko says, 10p will be enough and thats what he aims for :(

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I think the most important thing in the article is knowing that Alex and Tanaka won't play.
The absence of Alex is a good thing for TM.. but too bad it wont be good enough as TM will not win UNLESS THERE IS A STRONG FRIENDLY before (which is not the case so far).

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
He talks like Branco, which is to encourage his team and never to show weakness. He is confident-yes, but he is also VERY scared of Iran. Dammit, If TM played they way they did with South Korea During AC2004, Japan doesnt have a snow flakes chance in hell to win in Azadi! TM needs to focus on the IMMENSE importance of this game and give 100% to win and show Asia that Japan, not Iran, is the real paper tiger!

Oct 19, 2002
saeed agha said:
I think the most important thing in the article is knowing that Alex and Tanaka won't play.
The absence of Alex is a good thing for TM.. but too bad it wont be good enough as TM will not win UNLESS THERE IS A STRONG FRIENDLY before (which is not the case so far).
No pal, we do not need a friendly, we have played same 11 for ages now, what the use of a friendly ?

Also, you wont have 5-6 players who will start against Japan, so whats the use of a friendly ?

We will go to Germany 2006 !