Zob Ahan in total disarray

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
Zob Ahan in total disarray

http://directkicks.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-it-was-news-of-departure-of.html

First it was the news of departure of Khalatbari to a Qatari club, Al-Gharafa, which was bad enough for both Zob Ahan’s ambitions to do one better than last year’s runner-up rank, but to Khalatbari’s own footballing career as hardly any player improves – or even manages to maintain form – once they make the move to the Persian Gulf leagues, and now, there is even more devastating rumors of Ghasem Hadadifard’s move to Qatar’s league!!

The midfield maestro displayed such levels of skills, vision and performance that forced the newly appointed national team coach Queiroz to immediately call him up. But it doesn’t stop with Hadadifard as now, there is talk of Sepahan’s lynch-pin in defense, Hadi Aghili joining yet another Qatari club! Is Qatar trying to emulate what UAE’s league did to our stars?

But a move to the Persian Gulf leagues is nearly a kiss of death as it has been for many other Iranian stars who have been lured away with the promise of money, but in the bargain, wasted years of productivity. Is this a similar fate facing these great players? It would be an utter shame to see a repeat of what happened to the likes of Iman Mobaali, Javad Kazemian and … etc. It has taken great effort on the part of Oladi, Mobaali and Kazemian to claw back to an acceptable level of performance after joining the Iranian clubs. I despair to think the same thing happen to Khalatbari, Hadadifard and Aghili.

But the most depressing aspect of these transfers is what happens to Zob Ahan and their Asian aspirations. It seems the whole club is in such devastating turmoil that it is finding hard to retain any of its key players. Aside from the above mentioned players, another defensive strong-man, Farshid Talebi may be moving to Saipa and with Gordan’s rumors I fear by the time Zob Ahan steps onto the quarterfinals pitch, we shall be seeing a very different team lacking one of its main keys to its recent years’ success; consistency and stability in its roster. Indeed it would be a very sad day to see Zob Ahan’s promising campaign come to a halt due to some ridiculously horrendous management.

At the same time one cannot stay quiet on AFC’s bizarre scheduling of the Asian champions league since it heavily favors those of the East Asian leagues and clashes with the West Asian leagues’ time-tables. Little wonder in recent editions, east Asian teams have been more successful as they come into the tournament fresh and with a stable roster till the end of the games, while the West Asian leagues are going through the second halves of their seasons and with the end of the season team transfers and roster changes, have to continue the tournament often with new teams.
But don’t get me started on the AFC and its peculiar management of football in Asia!

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I wouldnt worry too much about Zob Ahan facing problems next season. They have probed that as an entity they dont depend on 2-3 players to face disarray if they lose them to other teams. Zob Ahan has a great(and rare in Iran) youth academy structure and management philosophy. I think they'll be just fine!:)

In the meantime, I'd worry about them losing Ebrahimzadeh.. seems like Sepahan is luring him to their club instead. now that would be a huge loss for Zob Ahan if they lose their coach.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well, Rahmati said in 90 that Ghalenoei has told him he will stay in Sepahan. So I doubt they will get Ebrahimzadeh. At least not for the next season.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
wow.... I didn't know about GN leaving. No wonder!

But damn...he was actually talking very sense this time! I liked his way of bringing up this problem in Iran!

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002

But damn...he was actually talking very sense this time! I liked his way of bringing up this problem in Iran!
dont worry "mazloomnamayeeh movaghatie"! he'll do this until he signs his next lucrative contract with a club and make them spend a Billion Toman on 11 players only!

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
Zob Ahan dodges the bullet?

http://directkicks.blogspot.com/2011/06/zob-ahan-didges-bullet.html

Looks like after much tumult and speculations, Mansour Ebrahimzadeh has decided to stay put in Zob Ahan and finish his assault on the Asian Champions League. Along with this news, it is reported that most of the roster of the team have decided to extend their contracts with the club, which should keep the structure of the team more or less intact. This is a welcome news which comes at a time that Zob Ahan sees two of its key players, Khalatbari and Talebi leave the club.

I believe with a few key purchases in the transfer season, the club can fill the vacant slots well and continue their impressive campaign in Asia, maintaining the high quality we have come to expect from them in recent years.

At the same time, the one man they will find hard to replace is Ebrahimzadeh's talented young assistant, Mehdi Saleh, who will be seen head coaching another IPL club, Saipa. I believe Mr. Saleh belongs to the few promising young up and coming coaches, the likes of which, unfortunately, we dont have many!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Zob Ahan dodges the bullet?

http://directkicks.blogspot.com/2011/06/zob-ahan-didges-bullet.html

Looks like after much tumult and speculations, Mansour Ebrahimzadeh has decided to stay put in Zob Ahan and finish his assault on the Asian Champions League. Along with this news, it is reported that most of the roster of the team have decided to extend their contracts with the club, which should keep the structure of the team more or less intact. This is a welcome news which comes at a time that Zob Ahan sees two of its key players, Khalatbari and Talebi leave the club.

I believe with a few key purchases in the transfer season, the club can fill the vacant slots well and continue their impressive campaign in Asia, maintaining the high quality we have come to expect from them in recent years.

At the same time, the one man they will find hard to replace is Ebrahimzadeh's talented young assistant, Mehdi Saleh, who will be seen head coaching another IPL club, Saipa. I believe Mr. Saleh belongs to the few promising young up and coming coaches, the likes of which, unfortunately, we dont have many!
thanks peyz jan, small correction is majid saleh and not mehdi ..

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away

What problem ali jan?
Bunch of kaj o kole players who hardly can score a one -on-one or even an empty goal get paid 800k dollars a year with 1.5 hours daily training ...
And it's tax free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Now Zob Ahan sold their best player (Khalatbari)... it shows how much disarray they are in! There we go again... were looking to the success of the 2 esfahanis in the ACL's next round... so disappointing!

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
I dont know.
if it ends up as only khalatbari and talebi, I think they can maintain their form & quality, as zob ahan has been a team oriented success, not through its star power like many other teams. so if the overall structure of the team is preserved, they would be in pretty good shape in the end
and with hiring a couple of good players, I'm sure they'd be as lethal as before

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
Now Zob Ahan sold their best player (Khalatbari)... it shows how much disarray they are in! There we go again... were looking to the success of the 2 esfahanis in the ACL's next round... so disappointing!
They did not sell Khalatbari. His contract ended and as free agent, he signed a new contract with Qatari club.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I dont know.
if it ends up as only khalatbari and talebi, I think they can maintain their form & quality, as zob ahan has been a team oriented success, not through its star power like many other teams. so if the overall structure of the team is preserved, they would be in pretty good shape in the end
and with hiring a couple of good players, I'm sure they'd be as lethal as before
Exactly as u said Peyz jan! clubs who have strobg foundation in youth development with years of ACL experience, with least managerial changes(hence they r consistent), loss of 1-2 key players wont hurt the club..

Zob Ahan will still continue to be among top 4 contenders in IPL, and with reputable results at ACL..clubs like Zob ahan should truly be the role model for our other wasteful clubs..

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
ohoh it doesnt sound good for Zob Ahan at all..:(

ادامه اختلافات بین دلیلی و ابراهیم***زاده/ درگیری به کف خیابان کشیده شد

در جلسه***ای که با حضور سموعی از اعضای هیات***مدیره، براتی رییس کارخانه و دلیلی و ابراهیم***زاده برگزار شد، مدیرعامل باشگاه ذوب***آهن به صراحت اعلام کرد که قصد ادامه همکاری با ابراهیم***زاده را ندارد

سایت گل – امروز حوالی ظهر باشگاه ذوب***آهن با سروصدای هواداران ابراهیم سرمربی تیم و اصغر دلیلی مدیرعامل، آرامش خود را از دست داد. این دو که مثل علی دایی و حبیب کاشانی با هم دیگر دچار مشکل شده***اند، در حال حاضر به***شدت با یکدیگر مشکل دارند و دلیلی دوست ندارد با مربیگری ابراهیم***زاده کار کند. اما ابراهیم***زاده از حمایت براتی رییس کارخانه برخوردار است و جایگاه سفت و محکمی در ذوب***آهن دارد.
به گزارش خبرنگار سایت گل از اصفهان. روز گذشته در جلسه***ای که با حضور سموعی از اعضای هیات***مدیره، براتی رییس کارخانه و دلیلی و ابراهیم***زاده برگزار شد، مدیرعامل باشگاه ذوب***آهن به صراحت اعلام کرد که قصد ادامه همکاری با ابراهیم***زاده را ندارد، اما مدیرعامل کارخانه تاکید کرد که گزینه کارخانه برای سرمربیگری کسی جز ابراهیم***زاده نیست. جمله***ای که باعث شد دلیلی تهدید به استعفا کند.

اما امروز پرده دیگری از این ماجرا در محوطه باشگاه و در درگیری بین هواداران دو طرف به نمایش در آمد که این ماجرا با دخالت دلیلی و صحبت او برای هواداران ذوب***آهن فعلا به پایان رسیده است. ذوب***آهن اصفهان در حال حاضر دو بازیکن خود را در فصل نقل و انتقالات از دست داده است اما گفته می***شود با چند بازیکن خوب به توافق رسیده که اگر اختلافات اجازه بدهد، با آنها قرارداد می***بندد.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
Igor Castro also left zobahan and signed Teraktorsazi
There are rumors saying zobahan players ain't that happy with ibrahim zadeh and he might leave the club .

Daei also didn't accept pp offer fully so there is a chance estili become the head coach soon,,in that case daei may sign sepahan

Luca bonacic also signed bushehr
Kamalvand signed relegated pass
Misaghiyan went to estil azin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ali jan, how are you? Long time no talk...

The players ain't happy with Ebrahimzadeh??? He seems to be such a nice and humble guy!!!

Well...with Castro all the best players of Zobahan are gone. I have a feeling both Zob and Sepahan are going into a lot of "hashiyeh" during the next season and wont even get close to the top of the league anymore.

It's just too sad that a player like Khalatbari has to play in the Qatari league. He will probably end up like the rest of our players who went to UAE or Qatar.

This is what you say when you are very pessimistic... :)

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
I dont think it is ebrahimzadeh the players dont like or have problems with. I think it is the management and the fact that some of them didnt get their full fees and salaries last year. the reason why khalatbari left the club.

however, I think if arab signs and they manage to keep castro, they shd be fine

but all this shows that in Iran, success is NOT rewarded.
we instead of raising our own levels to match a better person (team or club in this case), we usually try to hack at him and bring him down to our level!
typical iranian attitude! :(

that's how when they saw two clubs running smoothly year after year and gaining success and glory, while the other "sogoli" teams like pp and ss were going downward, they tried to level the playing field by ruining the successful ones, rather than reshape the two fumbling idiot clubs