G.G Buffon the Italian Eagle !

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I watched their game against Milan and was so impressed by him again ,he was so impressive with his two double saves ,a goal assist and his tremendous attitude ,they won the game because of him .

Lucky Italians and juventus fans ,he is as good as it gets ,the real deal . the Italian Nasser !:)

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
oghab jan,I am thinking about this subject.suppose that nasser was young and alive,and was iranian GK,against italy with GG bufon.Whom did you like to win?nasser or Buffon?and if you want to compare,which one is better?Nasser or buffon?I love both of them....

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
oghab jan,I am thinking about this subject.suppose that nasser was young and alive,and was iranian GK,against italy with GG bufon.Whom did you like to win?nasser or Buffon?and if you want to compare,which one is better?Nasser or buffon?I love both of them....
Kasra jan of course I want Iran and Nasser to win without hesitation .

which one is better ?

I can not say which one is better ,experience wise Buffon has been playing against better teams and more competitive football matches and has the edge , but Hejazi also showed he had no problems playing against the best in the world .Technique and attitude they are on par , I don't know for sure but I got a feeling Nasser was faster in his movements while Buffon has more reach as he was taller .

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
All the respect to Naser Hejazi but....

Technique and attitude they are on par , I don't know for sure but I got a feeling Nasser was faster in his movements while Buffon has more reach as he was taller .
Am I reading this right?! :D It's like comparing Ali Karimi with Messi! :D

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

Am I reading this write?! :D It's like comparing Ali Karimi with Messi! :D
you are reading right mate ,that was just my opinion ......Hejazi was a genius ..

goalkeeping is a bit different to outfield players ,Ali karimi was also a very gifted player but came short in some departments and developed his overall game a bit late into his career ,you can not compare him t a genius like Messi .

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
you are reading right mate ,that was just my opinion ......hejazi was a genius ..

Goalkeeping is a bit different to outfield players ,ali karimi was also a very gifted player but came short in some departments and developed his overall game a bit late into his career ,you can not compare him t a genius like messi .
lol ...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Lately though, I feel that he is not the same goalie in very crucial moments of the game, age, is becoming a factor.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

Am I reading this right?! :D It's like comparing Ali Karimi with Messi! :D
Sly jan let me clarify a bit more ...

Please go to youtube and see the video " in loving memory of Hejazi (2) " and see the save he makes and give me your opinion ,infact I ask my blue friend IranEsteghlalInter to do the same ,watch it a few times and tell me what you see ,then go and watch the highlight of Milan against Juventus yesterday and watch Buffon making that save from Ballotelli .

tell me IEI was it a ridicoulas decision by Manchester united in 1979 wanting to sign a goalkeeper from an unknown Asian country called Iran too ? why would they want to overlook all the keepers in Britain and Europe and sign Hejazi to keep goal for them ?

why would both North and South Korean coaches call Hejazi a magician in two comments 4 years apart ?

why would a famous Brazil goalie Gilmar call Hejazi a world class keeper back in 1972 ?

You may call me bias towards Hejazi but are those neutrals bias in their view as well ?

You guys maybe too young to have seen Hejazi at his prime in those 11 years he kept goal for Iran but look at the evidence and few clips available from him in action ...

We had a gem that was not fully appreciated and forced to retire at the age of 29 from team melli while a gem like Buffon is still fully appreciated and is the captain of his country at the age of 38 .

vishtasb

Football Fan
Apr 12, 2016
I watched their game against Milan and was so impressed by him again ,he was so impressive with his two double saves ,a goal assist and his tremendous attitude ,they won the game because of him .

Lucky Italians and juventus fans ,he is as good as it gets ,the real deal . the Italian Nasser !:)

Edited

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

Please go to youtube and see the video " in loving memory of Hejazi (2) " and see the save he makes and give me your opinion ,infact I ask my blue friend IranEsteghlalInter to do the same ,watch it a few times and tell me what you see ,then go and watch the highlight of Milan against Juventus yesterday and watch Buffon making that save from Ballotelli .

tell me IEI was it a ridicoulas decision by Manchester united in 1979 wanting to sign a goalkeeper from an unknown Asian country called Iran too ? why would they want to overlook all the keepers in Britain and Europe and sign Hejazi to keep goal for them ?

why would both North and South Korean coaches call Hejazi a magician in two comments 4 years apart ?

why would a famous Brazil goalie Gilmar call Hejazi a world class keeper back in 1972 ?

You may call me bias towards Hejazi but are those neutrals bias in their view as well ?

You guys maybe too young to have seen Hejazi at his prime in those 11 years he kept goal for Iran but look at the evidence and few clips available from him in action ...

We had a gem that was not fully appreciated and forced to retire at the age of 29 from team melli while a gem like Buffon is still fully appreciated and is the captain of his country at the age of 38 .
Oghab jan, there is no question that Hejazi was a great player in Asia! Otherwise a team like Manchester United wouldn't have shown interest. But then again back to my Ali Karimi example. He was also a great player. He was also being called a magician by many national and international people. I remember one of the best (if not the best) Swedish commentators was comparing him with Maradona and saying with the right coach he could become among the best players in the world. When he was 21, even Blazevic said he's already among top 5 in the world and if he could go to Europe he would become among top 3. He was approached by one of the best teams in the world (Bayern Munich) too and he even got the chance to play there. But all that said.... can you really compare him with Messi?

Buffon is our times' hands down best goalkeeper. He's a "Messi" in the goal. I know you love Hejazi but with all due respect, even if he was the best Asian keeper in history, he would not even reach Buffon's shoe dust in terms of pure goalkeeping, let alone comparing the 2 with each other.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

when I was a teenager, I had so much passion for Mansoorian. I used to escape school on Thursdays to go to stadium and watch him play. To me, he and Marc Overarms were idols. But that don't make them the best ever, right ?
So I don't have any doubts that Hejazi was great keeper but for me what counts at the end is your accomplishments. He almost made it to Man U, but he didn't play in it. He didn't play in champions league, he didn't play in top league in Europe. So I can't and won't compare him with Buffon because to me it is not fair. It is like to say, Mr. X is a great scientist but he hasn't contribute anything but he has the potential and brain for it. You need to have a ground to compare things in life. So to me, for a person who almost spend all his life in Iran league (which sucks compared to European leagues) and few games against big teams in national team, how I can compare him with one of the best keepers in the world, possibly ever. So you are making a point based on emotions not based on facts. I hope that makes sense.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
From the first time I watched Buffon plays from his early days with that great Parma team to his days of having the grey beard, I have never seen anyone like him, his positioning, shot stopping, punches, catches, decision making, professional attitude, leadership, reliability, and one and on... the best! I never forget his save in the WC final by Zidane's magnificent header, just brilliant.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
1000742.jpg

جورج کوری ریاست نویسندگان و مفسرین فوتبال برزیل در دههٔ ۷۰ میلادی:

بازیهای جام جهانی*** کوچک ۱۹۷۲ برزیل:

ایرانیها قدر دروازبان خود را بدانند،بی*** شک اگر او در برزیل بود،افسانهٔ یاشین را دوباره زنده میکردیم،بی***نهایت دید خوبی*** دارد،انعطاف پذیر است،تنها به سرعت و جسارت بیشتری احتیاج دارد،و خوشبختانه خیلی*** جوان...

دنیای ورزش شمارهٔ ۳۹۱

اردیبهشت ۱۳۵۷

Last edited: