I beg everyone to please petition IFF to sack Carlos and bring a Vatani coach!

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
I am tired of seeing Iran play good football. I can not take this anymore. I need to see the crappy jungle ball, no vision, stinking defense and overall crap that we used to call Iranian Football.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The performance wasn't that amazing :D Macedonia is 139 in the world :D

I've seen CQ with ManU and I have seen CQ with Madrid !!!!! , But I haven't seen him with Iran except the World-cup , but for claiming the best or good football you have to win at least your continental cup, Asian cup I mean . once happened then you can claim he has done something different than the vatani coaches. you can and play a good football day in and day out but at the end of the day what matter is what you have in your show case or people judge you the way they judge Arsenal and Wenger and they play a good football too

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
5 years a go and right after Iran-Russia's friendly when he was watching the game from stands and couple days later he signed with Team-Melli, his main task was qualifying this team to World Cup and he did.

People shouldn't forget he took over one of the less talented ever TM squad, i am following TM for around 30 years and i never saw this dryness in level of talents in country, League was full of older players who were still around and were getting constantly called by previous coaches to TM.

That forced him to go look outside for so called 2-Rageh players like Dejagahn, Gucci, Omid Nazari, Beitashour, Davari. Some with good qualities, other with half decent and few with really below-average(Omid Nazari who played in Sweden League II).

He was key to convincing players like Gucci and Dejagah, specially the latter one. Ghotbi, Daei all tried to convince this guy to join TM, no success. Dejagah said publicly having a guy like CQ as Iran coach made the decision of playing for TM much easier.

During years Iran had way more talented squad but failed to qualify to WC, which is major tournament for any country, here are list of few teams which all had squads way superior to our 2010-2014 cores:

-1994 team with Parvin, failure
-2002 with Blazevic and his big mouth, failure
2010, Daei and Ghotbi, another failure.

You can add 1990 as well but that team was young.

Now talking about Asian Cup, again he made no promise to win it, and we came back twice to tie the game 3-3 and P.K is always luck. Being a man down for over 90 minutes is not something easy. We were totally dominating that game and even scored a goal until that stupid red card.

On top of that, the only criticize some media, coaches had for this guy was he is not trusting younger players, he is not trusting local league products. Now that League forced teams to have certain numbers of U-21 and U-23 players and with few players at very young age shining in League, he also made TM younger and yesterday the average age of team was 25!

4 years a go we had no one in Europe, Javad and Masoud were on their way back to home or Arab Leagues, now we have Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, Milad Mohammadi, Ezzatollahi, Haghighi, Ansarifard and Taremi is on his way as well..
I know Kamboujieh tried to be sarcastic, but no Vatani coach can even match any second rated east European coach, let alone a guy like CQ.

Be morabiaye dakheli to Bangeladesh Team nemiddan coach konan onvaght dahaneshoun hamishe baze!

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
I am all for this siah baaz to stay and keep coaching the IR team. This is no rocket science. Its 6 years of winning ZERO :)
Beat shit in friendlies and sell it to iranian bisavaads as a success and choke against likes of Iraq in meaningful games and when it counts most. Way to go :)

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
I am all for this siah baaz to stay and keep coaching the IR team. This is no rocket science. Its 6 years of winning ZERO :)
Beat shit in friendlies and sell it to iranian bisavaads as a success and choke against likes of Iraq in meaningful games and when it counts most. Way to go :)
You are so correct, because bisavads like us (as you put it) clearly have forgotten how many major championships Iran was winning before Carlos. Maybe your TV coverage of Iran's game is on a different channel. Anyway, I am so happy we have Basavad and factual folks like you to keep us idiots at bay.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Great. If only everybody else would be able to judge their own level of literacy as accurately as you do. Next thing i want you guys to understand is: If your IR representatives havent won a shit in 40 years, with or without vatani or ajnabi coaches, then the most logical and pragmatic thought would be to question the overall talent level of IR footballers. That means at the end you guys really need to sit down and ask yourself if all that big talk about the exceptional talent level of IR footballers bla bla wasnt just pure bullshit and khod bozorg biniye bijaa because it seems now that rest of asia have discovered football aswell, the IR seems not be able to win anything on any level be it with or without likes of that siaah baaz. Conclusion: If IR so called footballers are not able to win anything no matter what and regardless of the coach, why to pay millions of dollars to a siaah baaz who is not there to win, who doesnt even bother to promiss some results, who is not defining any clear goals in terms of winning silver ware of any kind?

Thing is most of you guys know i am right and that burns you the most. To have to agree with a guy like Chinaski is something burns you from within :)

I was so against it when CQ was linked with Iran job and that's because I had the same feeling that ManU fans have against Van Gaal today. CQ was not a failure at Madrid he was a failure + disappointment . Now being fair and honest, it all depends on what he has promised to deliver upon his arrival in Iran. I personally went from being a die hard fan to an I don't care fan since 2006 world-cup, so I am not following Iran TM since then , but if CQ has already fulfilled his promises like taking Iran to WC 2014 and whatever other promises then good for him as he has done what he said and paid for . BUT logically if Iran is among the best in Asia ( as many of us claim) and Asia can have 4.5 teams in WC then going to WC after being in charge for almost 6 years cannot be a jaw dropping achievement. Let's be realistic here , I agree that Iran is by far below par when it comes to many necessary factors such as training facility , management, friendlies and etc but there are only two things for a countries like Iran , Japan , Korea can be called a "real achievement" , 1- Winning the Asian Cup which would give them a free ride of participating in Confederation cup or 2- to advance to the second round in WC. Of course the latter is not as easy we state it , even Japs and Korean who are now a regular Asians in WCs cannot do it each and every time, but CQ needs to win the Asian cup for his own personal achievement and taking Iran football to a higher phase . after a few years nobody remember playing a good football , you are remembered for what you win and this is what football is all about.

our volleyball team will be remembered for making it to the Olympic after 20 somethings years not for playing good a volleyball

Last edited:

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
they never let this happen again, .. our football died that day...

[video=youtube;-WjERV6XXoM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WjERV6XXoM[/video]

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
The performance wasn't that amazing :D Macedonia is 139 in the world :D
That's cuz you follow that hairpiece head coach of yours and the team he's managing, let that go homie :))) and find some good football to watch, I heard that hairpiece tries insuring his wig like a real hollywood actor!?

By the way did you find that bottle of amazing french wine "Domaine Leroy Musigny" I had suggested, do not tell me that's expensive? :)

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse

after a few years nobody remember playing a good football
The most interesting part is that the IR team is not only not winning anything, they are not playing good football either unless you consider parking the bus against sub par asian competition and getting utterly dominated by likes of Emirates and Uzbekistan over 90 minutes, good football. This makes the whole thing even funnier and laughable that these guys led by this siah baaz are playing awful football AND dont win anything on top of it. I have seen a lot of teams playing destructive defensive football but when they won silverware, they atleast could shut the mouth of some of their critics but when you play that shitty style without winning anything then you become the laughing stock of a lot of people. This is why nowadays qataris, emiratis, uzbeks, iraqis, omanis, bahrainis, jordanians...come with broad chests and play heads up against the IR team because they know the IR football is more about big talk than anything else.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
5 years a go and right after Iran-Russia's friendly when he was watching the game from stands and couple days later he signed with Team-Melli, his main task was qualifying this team to World Cup and he did.

People shouldn't forget he took over one of the less talented ever TM squad, i am following TM for around 30 years and i never saw this dryness in level of talents in country, League was full of older players who were still around and were getting constantly called by previous coaches to TM.

That forced him to go look outside for so called 2-Rageh players like Dejagahn, Gucci, Omid Nazari, Beitashour, Davari. Some with good qualities, other with half decent and few with really below-average(Omid Nazari who played in Sweden League II).

He was key to convincing players like Gucci and Dejagah, specially the latter one. Ghotbi, Daei all tried to convince this guy to join TM, no success. Dejagah said publicly having a guy like CQ as Iran coach made the decision of playing for TM much easier.

During years Iran had way more talented squad but failed to qualify to WC, which is major tournament for any country, here are list of few teams which all had squads way superior to our 2010-2014 cores:

-1994 team with Parvin, failure
-2002 with Blazevic and his big mouth, failure
2010, Daei and Ghotbi, another failure.

You can add 1990 as well but that team was young.

Now talking about Asian Cup, again he made no promise to win it, and we came back twice to tie the game 3-3 and P.K is always luck. Being a man down for over 90 minutes is not something easy. We were totally dominating that game and even scored a goal until that stupid red card.

On top of that, the only criticize some media, coaches had for this guy was he is not trusting younger players, he is not trusting local league products. Now that League forced teams to have certain numbers of U-21 and U-23 players and with few players at very young age shining in League, he also made TM younger and yesterday the average age of team was 25!

4 years a go we had no one in Europe, Javad and Masoud were on their way back to home or Arab Leagues, now we have Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, Milad Mohammadi, Ezzatollahi, Haghighi, Ansarifard and Taremi is on his way as well..
I know Kamboujieh tried to be sarcastic, but no Vatani coach can even match any second rated east European coach, let alone a guy like CQ.

Be morabiaye dakheli to Bangeladesh Team nemiddan coach konan onvaght dahaneshoun hamishe baze!
Yes to everything you said first of all and I remember the tam five years ago. CQ had to search far and wind, find Iranians in Europe and build a team from scratch. Bronko for example, inherited a good team Meli team but CQ had to build the team from ground up. The goal was not to win an Asian Cup(Btw who cares you are the best team in Asia good for you that is like saying your Toyota Camry is the best on the block because it has rims and an in dash nagivaton system but it's still a Toyota Camry) The goal was to qualify for the WC and it took qute a bit to accomplish that. On top of that Iran only had 1 stinker this teime in the WC. Anyone who wants some dolati haji Mohammadan, no thank you for me. You know that is how people get job in Iran anyways, it si through your connections and parti bazy so if Iran goes that route, anyone they pick will be crap. They will pock a person like chagokesh MK. I know CQ won't be our coach but I Hope we pick someone from overseas.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
In our football there is only one thing there for sure and that is how much we like "Iranian football". We put our TM, clubs, and football in general in par with the biggest powers, our expectations are so high, and assessments are often biased. The truth is however our football was never and still is not top 25 in the world. We have ranged 25-75 IMO in all aspects including talent, history, power, NT strength. In love for football we are probably closer to 25th and as far as logistics, management, and hardware we are definitely not among top 50 in the world. In other words as Iraj Mirza once said:

ز اسباب سفر که جمله مردم دارند
این بنده فقط عزم سفر دارم و بس

so that is why I think both sides of the argument here are partially wrong. We just beat "Macedonia" not Brazil so don't get too excited. On the other hand, even Etiopia probably has a standard soccer field to practice on, so don't get disappointed if we can't "consistently" win a team better than Macedonia with ease. That is also why if CQ was a great coach he would have not ever accepted the IR Iran job, and that is also why we will never realistically get or even deserve a coach better than him or even in the same league.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
In our football there is only one thing there for sure and that is how much we like "Iranian football". We put our TM, clubs, and football in general in par with the biggest powers, our expectations are so high, and assessments are often biased. The truth is however our football was never and still is not top 25 in the world. We have ranged 25-75 IMO in all aspects including talent, history, power, NT strength. In love for football we are probably closer to 25th and as far as logistics, management, and hardware we are definitely not among top 50 in the world. In other words as Iraj Mirza once said:

ز اسباب سفر که جمله مردم دارند
این بنده فقط عزم سفر دارم و بس

so that is why I think both sides of the argument here are partially wrong. We just beat "Macedonia" not Brazil so don't get too excited. On the other hand, even Etiopia probably has a standard soccer field to practice on, so don't get disappointed if we can't "consistently" win a team better than Macedonia with ease. That is also why if CQ was a great coach he would have not ever accepted the IR Iran job, and that is also why we will never realistically get or even deserve a coach better than him or even in the same league.
Well said, we are ranked #39 and in the top 40 because of pure Gerayat and other teams in Asia might be ranked lower than us right now but they are spending more money. The JFA and KFA spend probably ten times more tan IFF so they are going to catch up. We are good enough to be in the top 50, would not even say top 75 but in order to get into the top 25, we need to build up our infrastructure and club football. Now on the national team level we are on par with the big boys of Asia but club football, we are far behind. That s why I say they (Korea and Japan) will eventually surpass us same with Australia. We need to take the next step and no matter who are coach is, we need to invest in infrastructure and youth football. L

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Hehe... we are still busy fighting the lies in IR football. One of many lies is this ridiculous training ground and money talk. looooool, we have people here comparing training facilities of IR to ethiopia to make a point in favor of IR football. The same people dont pay attention when they show us pictures of the IR teams practices. The IR team has great training grounds to practice. Just go and watch their practices on video or look at the pics. The grass is like made by best english gardeners. Everything looks good, the IR coach is one of the best paid coaches in our region, the IR league is full of croatian, african, bosnian, arab...foreigners who come to play there because there is money to be earned in IR football. In fact nowhere in the world, you can get paid so much for delivering under average performances on the pitch and more and more lazy footballers are realizing it. The same goes to CQ. The guy is getting paid for not having to show any results. IR fans tell me "hey, but he never promised to win something" and i wonder if they realize what a silly and absolutely nonsense arguent that is. He never promised to win? So why the fuck are you paying him all that money? When you get in an ajnabi coach then not because you love his chesho abroo, but because he has to deliver. Heck he NEEDS to promise success, he HAS to promise silverware and win it otherwise you dont need him. Even the tiny arab countries have learned to be professional. They get in someone and they are very clear about their goals. They dump any coach when he fails to reach the goals. Our Siaah baaz though has an alot easier life than all those coaches who come to coach arab teams. Our siah baaz, comes in, earns a whole lot of easy earned money, doesnt win anything, doesnt have to win anything, doesnt promise success and our so called fans love it! loooool.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
This is the Ethiopia like training conditions for the IR players:

کامیابی نیا: امیدوارم بازی***های دوستانه بیشتری برگزار کنیم

هافبک تیم ملی فوتبال ایران می گوید: تمرینات مناسبی را در اردوی جاری تیم ملی برگزار می***کنیم و از لحاظ تغذیه و زمین تمرین شرایط اردو خوب است.
به گزارش سایت رسمی فدراسیون، کمال کامیابی***نیا قبل از شروع تمرین تیم ملی در مورد وضعیت اردوی جاری گفت: صبح و عصر تمرین می***کنیم و شرایط اردو از لحاظ تغذیه و زمین بسیار خوب است. دو بازی دوستانه داریم و امیدوارم بتوانم خواسته***های کی***روش را اجرا کنیم و روند خوبی داشته باشیم.
وی در مورد دیدار دوستانه مقابل مقدونیه عنوان کرد: امیدوارم شرایط به نحوی شود که بازی***های دوستانه بیشتری برگزار کنیم. این دو بازی تدارکاتی هم خوب است اما امیدوارم فدراسیون برای برگزاری بازی***های بیشتر به تیم ملی کمک کند.
هافبک تیم ملی در پایان در پاسخ به سوالی در مورد رضایتش از امکانات اردو خاطرنشان کرد: زمین تمرین خوبی داریم و تمرینات مناسبی برگزار می***کنیم از لحاظ تغذیه و استراحت هم شرایط خوب است و امیدوارم روند خوبی داشته باشیم.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Barnaame shenaa o estakhr o esteraahat o masaj...for our mahroom IR guys...

ه گزارش سايت فدراسيون فوتبال، نخستين تمرين تيم ملي در بازگشت به تهران عصر امروز برگزار شد.
اين تمرين در هتل محل اقامت تيم ملي برگزار شد و بازيكنان در دو بخش امروز تمرين كردند.
در بخش اول بازيكنان در سالن با استفاده از توپهاي اسفنجي، رل و تشك تمرين كردند. در اين بخش آنها بعد از انجام كارهاي سرعتي و ذهني با استفاده از توپها، به سه گروه تقسيم شدند و به بازي فوتبال با توپهاي اسفنجي پرداختند.
در ادامه بازيكنان كارهاي كششي با استفاده از رل و متها را انجام دادند.
بعد از اين بخش بازيكنان به استخر رفتند تا با انجام اين بخش تمرين امروز تيم ملي بعد ازبازگشت به مقدونيه به پايان برسد.