I have a feeling IRAN and England will be in the same group at World Cup 2014

Oct 19, 2002
England just qualified and I have feeling we'll be in the same group.
England is great at club level but not as good at the international level.
I have a feeling we'll do well if we end up in the same group and could possibly get all 3 points :4kerim:

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Yeah, for some reason I was thinking that last night too. Having said that, England are not going to be seeded, so wherever they end up could potentially be a very tough group.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Would you believe it if I said that I had the exact same thought!?
England will be in the 3rd pot. It will be a tough match for us because they are typically fitter players and the match will played at a high tempo for what our players are used to.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
I've been having this feeling Iran will get a group very identical to the one in 98, i dont know why but i just have this gut feeling we will be grouped with Bosnia, USA & and another strong European team like Germany or Portugal (if they qualify)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I've been having this feeling Iran will get a group very identical to the one in 98, i dont know why but i just have this gut feeling we will be grouped with Bosnia, USA & and another strong European team like Germany or Portugal (if they qualify)
I'd take that group. Bosnia seems to be the only team Shojaei can score on! Hell, even Ando and Borhani had go with them! ;)

[video=youtube_share;uHxEIDlrM4A]http://youtu.be/uHxEIDlrM4A[/video]

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
I'd take that group. Bosnia seems to be the only team Shojaei can score on! Hell, even Ando and Borhani had go with them! ;)

Yeah, i would be quite content if we were drawn into a group like USA, Bosnia, Portugal, Iran. With good preparation, and hopefully all our players fit and ready at our disposal i would fancy our outside chances at making it to the second round in a group like that, but i think we will be grouped with a stronger European team then Portugal.

We have a very good track record against Bosnia in general, we also beat them 5-2 in Azadi i remember with Branko leading up to the 2006 WC.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Yeah, i would be quite content if we were drawn into a group like USA, Bosnia, Portugal, Iran.
I don't think that would be possible Arash jaan. We need to have at least one seeded team in the group. Portugal were 11th in the September ranking and all the teams ahead of them did really well in their last two games, so highly unlikely they would be seeded. We can get Belgium though.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
World Cup group stage draw is scheduled for December 6.

IFF should save all the money for useless training camps & friendlies and instead spend it on WC group stage draw fixing. there will be some cold balls and then some warm balls in those urns. :)

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005

LOL at Khiabani in the end "Ma nemibazim in baziro va in khoobe" . NO SHIT!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
World Cup group stage draw is scheduled for December 6.

IFF should save all the money for useless training camps & friendlies and instead spend it on WC group stage draw fixing. there will be some cold balls and then some warm balls in those urns. :)

And the Iranian delegate would have blue balls after seeing the hot girls in the draw!!!

I would like to see a team from S. America. Is it possible for Uruguay to face Iran if they beat Jordan and qualify? As far as the seeding is concerned I read somewhere that they can be a seeded team due to their results in the last WC. Bottom line is there will be no light teams in there. Everyone will come to perform. I just hope we do not get Holland, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and 50% chance we will get one of them... Now that can be scary.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
And the Iranian delegate would have blue balls after seeing the hot girls in the draw!!!

I would like to see a team from S. America. Is it possible for Uruguay to face Iran if they beat Jordan and qualify? As far as the seeding is concerned I read somewhere that they can be a seeded team due to their results in the last WC. Bottom line is there will be no light teams in there. Everyone will come to perform. I just hope we do not get Holland, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and 50% chance we will get one of them... Now that can be scary.
Yeah, as far as I know Uruguay needed a win against Argentina to stay seeded. It looks like Columbia will be seeded too. I'll take those guys over any of the other teams you mentioned for sure! The FIFA ranking that will be used for the draw will be published tomorrow October 17th, so not much of a wait any more. :)

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Yeah, i would be quite content if we were drawn into a group like USA, Bosnia, Portugal, Iran. QUOTE]

I don't think that is possible. We can't get both Bosnia and Portugal. None are going to be "sar goroh". I also don't think we can Get USA , I may be wrong, but I think Asia and central/north America/ will be in the same pot. So is one seeded team (sar goroh),one European and one African/south American. I like to see Italy,Bosnia and any African but Ghana.

Oct 1, 2004
Any team that has excessive pace and and an attacking mentality will hurt us bad. That's why any of the South Americans will be dangerous.
And I don't think we match up well against British style teams. I always remember how bad TM did in that camp against QPR in London.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Any team that has excessive pace and and an attacking mentality will hurt us bad. That's why any of the South Americans will be dangerous.
And I don't think we match up well against British style teams. I always remember how bad TM did in that camp against QPR in London.

Yeah they scored 3 goals on 3 corner kicks.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
If Iran has a few months of proper training and test matches with decent teams (and we are 100% healthy and our major players are all in form). I actually like our chances vs. England. England obviously has superior players but the gheyrat of our boys will reach new heights.