Iran Persian Gulf Pro League 2018-2019 Fixtures , News, Transfers, Match Updates [R]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2004
What I wonder is how a team like this gets assigned a budget and pays people salaries. What is the output compared to gathering 11 random players every week and fielding them against other teams for ZERO dollars?
Believe it or not, they do alot of good work.
They employ lots of locals and have very good youth academies.
They have actual facilities and have a stadium that is ready (they are using the parking as an excuse, since its a football only stadia and the Ahvazi fans haven't been known to be the Wimbeldon type).

Their coach is not liked though...
They play boring football... but in terms of contributing to Iranian football in terms of actual development and youth, Foolad, Saipa, Paykan and Sepahan are the only ones who actually do something.

I say this is a still biased Persepolis fan.

Believe it or not, they do alot of good work.
They employ lots of locals and have very good youth academies.
They have actual facilities and have a stadium that is ready (they are using the parking as an excuse, since its a football only stadia and the Ahvazi fans haven't been known to be the Wimbeldon type).

Their coach is not liked though...
They play boring football... but in terms of contributing to Iranian football in terms of actual development and youth, Foolad, Saipa, Paykan and Sepahan are the only ones who actually do something.

I say this is a still biased Persepolis fan.
I know all that, but still, there has to be an output at the consumer end. What you said has little to do with what we just witnessed at Azadi.

The same goes for Esteghlal. How does their spending correlate with the output? It really doesn't. IPL is a subsidized football league with little purpose or output. I don't see any reason for it to continue in its current format. A leaking venture with almost zero entertainment value. Iran needs some serious injection of capitalism.

Oct 1, 2004
I know all that, but still, there has to be an output at the consumer end. What you said has little to do with what we just witnessed at Azadi.

The same goes for Esteghlal. How does their spending correlate with the output? It really doesn't. IPL is a subsidized football league with little purpose or output. I don't see any reason for it to continue in its current format. A leaking venture with almost zero entertainment value. Iran needs some serious injection of capitalism.
Esteghlal fans view Schafer as the next Guardiola! :)

As for infusion of capitalism, even the geniuses at IFF agree! They have been asking IRIB for money for TV rights, but IRIB at this stage is more rigid and stubborn than even the IRGC in Iran!
It wouldn't clean football up at all (if anything, we'd have more dirty dallals), but it would force significant infrastructure upgrades.
The talent is always there, thank goodness. Just the fact that you and I discuss this and we haven't lived in Iran for decades speaks to the power of this game!

Nov 24, 2002
Schafer is doing Ok now, but just like Blazevic zerrr ziad mizane, wait for few bad result in row and how fans will shit at him lol.

Nov 24, 2002
It's more like he benched himself with his childish attitude, seyed just helped him a bit by keeping goal well.
It's more like he benched himself with his childish attitude, seyed just helped him a bit by keeping goal well.
That is the issue with generation of footballer. Hosseini had probably, what? 10 games last year for Esteghlal as no1 during which he did Ok and all of sudden he thought he is god, plus, playing for big club and all the distraction around made it worst!!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
That is the issue with generation of footballer. Hosseini had probably, what? 10 games last year for Esteghlal as no1 during which he did Ok and all of sudden he thought he is god, plus, playing for big club and all the distraction around made it worst!!
He did more than OK dude, he was excellent, but he got a bit big headed and because of that lost his chance of going to world cup and now he deserves to be on the bench until he realise that no one is bigger than the team.

I like his goalkeeping but I don't like his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.