Mega signings by Big Sam!

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Explains in part why he left Bolton! Ever since joining New Castle, he could buy any player he wanted..

Great signings: Joey Barton and Mark Viduka.

Skysports.com can confirm Joey Barton is undergoing a medical with Newcastle.
Both West Ham and The Magpies have matched the £5.5million release clause stipulated in the midfielder's contract and Barton has spent the day on Tyneside talking with Sam Allardyce.
The Manchester City man - who will move on from Eastlands after his training ground bust-up with Ousmane Dabo - is now undertaking a medical at Newcastle ahead of any proposed move.
Barton's agent Willie McKay confirmed talks with Newcastle are progressing well and that the player has been impressed by what Allardyce's plans for Newcastle.
"Joey is up here at Newcastle at the moment having a look around the club," McKay told skysports.com.
"He is currently undergoing a medical and he has been impressed by what Sam Allardyce has told him what he plans to do at Newcastle.
"Newcastle are a massive club and Joey is happy that they are so interested in him."
"I am currently in negotiations with Newcastle now over a possible five-year deal."
West Ham could still make a late move to snatch Barton from under Newcastle's noses, after skysports.com revealed that the London club had emerged as rival suitors for his signature.
McKay revealed they are waiting to hear from West Ham and that he is hopeful of sorting Barton's future soon.
"We are waiting to talk to West Ham and I am hoping to have everything sorted soon," added McKay. The Hammers are also hoping to tie up a deal for Newcastle's Scott Parker having already agreed a fee for the England international.

Viduka looks set to move from Middlesbrough to Newcastle
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }
LONDON, June 5 (Reuters) - Newcastle United have "agreed in principle" to sign Australian striker Mark Viduka from north-east rivals Middlesbrough, British media reported on Tuesday.
Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton was in talks with Newcastle and was at St James' Park for a medical on Tuesday. Viduka scored 19 times for Middlesbrough in the season just ended and the club were keen to keep him at the Riverside.

Newcastle have twice tried to sign the 31-year-old who has also attracted interest from newly-promoted Birmingham City, West Ham United and Portsmouth.
Viduka, who will be in Australia's squad for the Asian Cup in July, joined Middlesbrough in July 2004 under then manager Steve McClaren in a 4.5 million pound ($8.97 million) deal from Leeds United.
If he moves to Newcastle, Viduka would play under new boss Sam Allardyce, who has also targetted Barton.
Manchester City were reported to be talking with both Newcastle and West Ham about Barton, who is facing police charges after allegedly assaulting City team mate Ousmane Dabo during training in April. Newcastle's moves for Viduka and Barton follow the departures of midfielder Scott Parker to West Ham and defender Titus Bramble to Wigan Athletic in the last week.

Aug 26, 2005
Good move for Viduka. Practically guarantees them 15 league goals and is a great hold up forward who will create for others. Owen and Dukes? Do the Barcode fans dare dream?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Owen and Dukes? Do the Barcode fans dare dream?
yeah really..that would be a killer pair. but there r talks of Arsenal hunting for Owen and that New Castle doesnt mind selling him, if gets a good offer? so I dont know..

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
mega signings? u really call these two mega signing?

and yeah its a killer pair. both will miss 3/4 of the season because of injury and they will kill the chances of newcastle making a challenge for anything ;)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilou:
It's not "New Castle", it's Newcastle :)
lool!!!IPL or EPL tamum shod, bayad be yekchizi gir bedi dige!!!lol :)

mega signings? u really call these two mega signing?

and yeah its a killer pair. both will miss 3/4 of the season because of injury and they will kill the chances of newcastle making a challenge for anything ;)
LOOOOOL!!that was funny!!!khob avazesh when Owen is injured 1/2 of the season, Viduka makes up for him and then when Owen is back from injury, Viduka can get injured!!;) but its pretty big signings for NewCastle, Barton is pretty good.and its not like NewCastle is a challenging contender like 10 yrs ago..they should be really happy if they finish in Top 6 next season..

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
LOL @ the title!! got excited for a minute.. so what .. joey barton? wohoo.. we might just beat our great rivals west ham to sign him.. and viduka.. is good.. very good.. but.. he is 31.. why can't we just buy a striker who is actually young .. at his peak and not injured for most of his career? :-(

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
hehehehee

LOL @ the title!! got excited for a minute.. so what .. joey barton? wohoo.. we might just beat our great rivals west ham to sign him.. and viduka.. is good.. very good.. but.. he is 31.. why can't we just buy a striker who is actually young .. at his peak and not injured for most of his career? :-(

Your rivals?? Do you support Millwall?

I thought for a second that Ronaldinho joins Toon.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Newcastle are still a big club. signing people like barton and viduka cant be considered Mega, or even big signings for them. if anything, they are just adverage premiership players.

if newcastle want to improve on what they have now, they need to sort out their defence. martins is a pretty good striker, and if owen gets fit, them two should form a good striker force. u also have dyer as an attacking midfield player. i am not sure why they are selling parker, but i would keep him. duff on the left. they need someone on the right side, and with a good defence they will be a good side.

just need to look at why half the team is always injured!

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Nilou,
Wrong again. It's not NewCastle either. It's all one word so no capital letter for the C.
New Castle is two words and refers to a Castle that is New. Newcastle may come from teh latter but it's one word referring to a town.

And then people say you can't get educated on ISP :)

Aug 24, 2006
I think the town was leveled in the Roman times and when the normans controlled britain they built a new castle in that location and hence the name, Newcastle!

Newcastle lost Sibierski who was a pretty decent goal scorer to wigan, so it makes sense to sign the bigger, badder mark viduka. Anyway, you guys really think Owen is better than Martins?

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
I think the town was leveled in the Roman times and when the normans controlled britain they built a new castle in that location and hence the name, Newcastle!

Newcastle lost Sibierski who was a pretty decent goal scorer to wigan, so it makes sense to sign the bigger, badder mark viduka. Anyway, you guys really think Owen is better than Martins?
I don't .. Martins is good.. but he's hardly ronaldo, henry etc.. if newcastle want to get back to their CL status.. they need at least one player of such stature! Liverpool have gerard, arsenal have henry, man u have ronaldo, chelsea have lampard (i hate the guy but he's effective at chelsea), ballack, shev etc.. it's a question of how serious newcastle are about getting back to where they were!

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Newcastle a big club? I dont think so. What is big? If it means they come from a big city then yes. If it means they have a big stadium, then yes. What about success? Does that count for anything? Oh ya, they did win the Spoon and fork from UEFA for their beautiful Intertoto adventure.