NHL 2013-2014 Season

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@ZEE congrats man Montreal really surprised me. Well it sucks for me Detroit is out but my 2nd team is doing well unless the Kings really screw the pooch they should advance and play Chicago just as I thought. 5-1 heading into the 3rd that isn't a W that is a beating!

Iran#1

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Montreal
Where you at Doc?

People are still hating on the ''hype''?

Seems like a SO, and 1 goal against in the last 2 games, and a whooping save % against the President trophy winners is still considered average.

Not to mention that UNLIKE Jaro Halak who some still view as the greatest goalie this organization has ever had, he was not pulled in any of the games.

First round excuse was ''He was up against Lindback''. Then they said how his SAVE % wasn't good enough.

While the entire league is talking about how absurd it is that hes not nominated for the Vezina as he would've won the trophy, and now they talk about him
being the favorite to win the Conn Smyth, we got our local hockey expert saying which game was won thanks to our goalie, and which was won by our forwards.

We were clearly dominated in every single game against the Bruins, even the 6th one where we won 4-0. If it wasn't for Price we'd be out in 4 against the Bruins.

Like I said before, some people are just PURELY JEALOUS, and can't accept the fact that they were dead wrong, and know absolutely nothing about goaltending.

Price stole game 1, game 3, game 6, game 7. Hes played 4 elimination games this year, and gave up only 2 goals.

On the other hand, I remember reading a post here about a certain poster super excited and gloating that Trash Andre Fleury had back to back SO.
We know what happened after.

I don't enjoy saying this, but for some reason I'm always right when it comes to Hockey.

Thank you, come again.
Dear Carey
last 7 years I believed in you. It was only matter of time and maturity before you shine in this league. you said it well some ppl can not accept they were dead wrong and know absolutely nothing about goaltender. Lou, Bryz, HUet Miller . I am still laughing at come comments were made about Price and his mother and rest of family. The best prediction was made in 2007 after loosing to Phillies in round 2, I BET MY LIFE THIS HYPE PRICE WONT LAST IN THIS LEAGUE.
Rangers will be tough. I hope Hawks eliminate Kings
GO HABS GO

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well I had a feeling the Rangers were going to give Boston some fits with their speed they need to play a different game than last series, which was more of a physical game. They need to slow down the game and not allow their speedsters to just fly around.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
LA Kings power plays and penalty kills have been real good in the playoffs and a joy to watch. if they keep it up they have a real good chance to knock out Chicago.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
LA Kings power plays and penalty kills have been real good in the playoffs and a joy to watch. if they keep it up they have a real good chance to knock out Chicago.
Not only their power plays and penalty kills but their power play defense is top notch. Against Chicago last night, Chicago had not one, not two but three back to back to back power plays and they mustered 0 goals during that 6 minute stretch! Some people like to say there is no such thing as momentum BS because once the Kings got energy from that the 4th and clincher goal came through from long range. I"ll give Chi town credit though they did score a goal to make it 4-3. They are not going to go away easily but home ice is with us. especially if they can win game 4.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Good show by LA Kings to beat Chicago in game 4 and leading the series by 3-1 now. a pair of crucial early first period penalty kills by Kings followed by a pair of power play goals for Kings.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Good show by LA Kings to beat Chicago in game 4 and leading the series by 3-1 now. a pair of crucial early first period penalty kills by Kings followed by a pair of power play goals for Kings.
The Kings are playing great power play hockey I think at one point I checked the stats and the Kings are 5-7 on power plays that is killer. It looks like we are going to be in for an LA/NY battle and I'm sure the NHL LOVES IT! Thank about the ratings you have the #1 and #2 media market in the world. Sure Hockey will never get as many followers as pro basketball or the NBA finals but Hockey fans and basketball fans are just a different crowd. I'm not bringing in race into this but there are black hockey fans and we have black hockey players but Hockey is predominantly a Caucasian thing and in the US it is big mainly in the Mid West and East Coast region. Well the advantage of basketball is you don't need ice in order to play it so it's more readily available in the cities like LA, Phx, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami etc. I brought that up because they were discussing that on sports talk radio the difference between hockey fans and basketball fans. Plus I also played some hockey growing up as a kid and other sports, I can tell you out of the American sports, the toughest sport to play is Hockey. On top of that you need equipment like pads, skates, a stick, a helmet etc. All you need for basketball is basketball shoes($20 you can find some cheap ones) a basketball(another $20) and a hoop you can go to parks everywhere and they will have a court for you.

Just something to think about.

Anyways Kings in 6 or 7 games against New York.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Chicago 4 LA Kings 4 in game #5. overtime coming up. some great saves by Kings' Quick in this one.his double save late in the 3rd period was a joy to watch.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Chicago 4 LA Kings 4. first overtime is over. Crawford with some big saves for Chicago in this 1st overtime with some glove saves , stick saves and kick saves.

2nd overtime will start shortly.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Chicago scores in the 2nd overtime to win game 5 by 5-4. nifty pass in neutral zone and a good finish by Handzus for the winner. good game.

Kings lead the series by 3-2. Game # 6 in LA on Friday night.

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
^^LA should take care of business on Friday Chicago had to kill themselves to win that one so I'm not too worried about it but it was a good game.
The end to end action in overtime was quite good to watch. Crawford came up with some big saves for Chicago.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
The end to end action in overtime was quite good to watch. Crawford came up with some big saves for Chicago.
Yes but at the same time the analysts were saying, "Which player is struggling the most" and the player they unanimously picked was Crawford. Don't forget even at home they still gave up four goals it's all good I'm not even worried if they lose game 6, then I will worry hahaha.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
NY Rangers are in the final. they just defeated Habs by 1-0 and won the series by 4-2. solid defensive effort by Rangers today.

Nov 24, 2002
I am proud of my Habs , in the beginning of season no one saw us being there , many people said we can't even be in P-O but this team proved everyone to be wrong . this is the best habs team i ever saw in last 16 years following this team game by game . Proud to be a Habs fan.we averaged almost 4 goals a game before our last game . which is amazing . we went further in the play-off than we have done in 21 years.

The kid, Tokarski played so great . i really wished Price was there , he was playing some great hockey and maybe with him we had a chance to go to final , because he finally seems to reach the level everyone expect after so many years, i just hope it continue .

in other hands this p-o showed that we need to get BIGGER . no coincidence that most of our top pointers in p-o were over 6 feet . Subban, Bourque, Eller, Patch. so MB priority should be to get a bigger centre if we find right offer for Plekanec or DD and try to get another top 4 D .
In other hand it was heart breaking to see what McDonagh was doing for Rangers . he was their best D, one of their best player if not the best , it hurt more when we see he was drafted by us and was traded for Gomez ! one of worse trade in NHL history , thank you Bob!!
at the end GO HABS GO and future is bright ..

Last edited: