Persian Gulf

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
As a nation, how is the name "Persian Gulf" benefitting our image in the world? To the majority of the world, Iran is synonymous with terrorism, backwardness and lack of human rights. I would even go further and say that 99% of world population don't even know that Persia and Iran are the same. If we had spent 1/10th of the energy spent on this issue on fighting on behalf of human rights in our country, we would have been way better off.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
As a nation, how is the name "Persian Gulf" benefitting our image in the world? To the majority of the world, Iran is synonymous with terrorism, backwardness and lack of human rights. I would even go further and say that 99% of world population don't even know that Persia and Iran are the same. If we had spent 1/10th of the energy spent on this issue on fighting on behalf of human rights in our country, we would have been way better off.
I understand how you feel but this is history, even Muhammad said Khalaj e Fars and this BS started with General Abdul Nasser who started Pan Arabism. Anything Persian becomes A-rab. I happen to agree, we need to spend time on issues such as human rights. With that being said, until there is a regime change, that will not happen. Let's at least not give THIS to them as well, at least we can control what we can. To sum this post up in three words, PERSIAN GULF FOREVER!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
You have a valid point, but don't forget that we are the only nation that withstand the storm of the Arab /Islam invasion and kept our culture and language (despite it became diluted) every other nation lost theirs completely.
The battle of culture is not over even if it takes hundreds of years.

You have a valid point, but don't forget that we are the only nation that withstand the storm of the Arab /Islam invasion and kept our culture and language (despite it became diluted) every other nation lost theirs completely.
You really think we're not invaded by arabs ? Go through the list again. Physically yes but mentally %100

Right on. On the other hand The money goes to yemen ,syria and lebanon and then the president ( matarsak) talking about nationalism

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I strongly disagree with this ! how much each year IRANIANS pay to go to Haj ? how many religious holidays we have? and I am not sure what you mean by we are the only Nation ???? Arabs / Islam attacked Spain, south of spain, and later were removed out of country... thats just 1 example ...
We have WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger problems than the name of a sea !!!

I rather we call it Arabian Gulf but our people live as rich as people in Dubai and Saudi ...

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I have very little hope for our homeland. There has been over 2 million Iranian responses on Trump's instagram to his usage of the gulf with most of them just insulting his wife and daughter while very few people complain about injustices and systematic corruption happening day in and day out.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I strongly disagree with this ! how much each year IRANIANS pay to go to Haj ? how many religious holidays we have? and I am not sure what you mean by we are the only Nation ???? Arabs / Islam attacked Spain, south of spain, and later were removed out of country... thats just 1 example ...
We have WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger problems than the name of a sea !!!

I rather we call it Arabian Gulf but our people live as rich as people in Dubai and Saudi ...
Spain had the backing of Europeans and it took them over 600 years and there are still many reminders of Arab presence there... Names like Gibraltar, Benalmedina, Alhambra and so many more.
We on the other hand were and are right at their door step and had to do it on our own, just look how nations like Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Algeria, morroco lost their identity completely and became Arab while we did not and even made our own version of the religion imposed on us.
As I said the battle of culture is not over and will carry on as long as it takes, it may not happen in our life time or our children or grand children or their grand children but eventually it will.
What would you have told Ferdosi if you lived in his era and his struggle?

Feb 4, 2005
Lots of valid arguements here but regardless of whatever the situation is nobody should use fake names to reference a location. It is called Persian Gulf officially and should be called by that name specially by an official statesman (if it applies to Trump of course).

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I like it how we have members here who keep moving the goal post.

The Name Persian Gulf is important to Most Iranians.

If an Arab or Pakistani politician had said "Arabian gulf" people would be all over it (as pointed out in this very same thread).

Being Consistent matters. just because you dislike IRI you don't have to clap for every nonsense that anti IRI politician utters.

basically this persian Gufl thing was total GIF to IRI. they know just the right time to turn up the nationalism aspect in Iran.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I like it how we have members here who keep moving the goal post.

The Name Persian Gulf is important to Most Iranians.

If an Arab or Pakistani politician had said "Arabian gulf" people would be all over it (as pointed out in this very same thread).

Being Consistent matters. just because you dislike IRI you don't have to clap for every nonsense that anti IRI politician utters.

basically this persian Gufl thing was total GIF to IRI. they know just the right time to turn up the nationalism aspect in Iran.
You could say the same thing about all of these IR apologists who "rag gadaneshoon koloft shodeh" as I don't recall them being for nationalism.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I do not know what this will mean or what does it lead to. What is very obvious is that many and many who have a very little idea of their history and background are beginning to reclaim what belongs to them.
There are many who have begun to show their affection to the name of Persian Gulf, course it is symbolic, you see many out there start to be interested without knowing the least about the greatness which was about to be forgotten.
Is this any good?
Impossible to say what the effects are or gonna be, though it will affect many Iranian youngsters for years to come.

Fools are those who believe these acts such as "trying to protect the name of Persian Gulf" are for no good, the lost generation (revolution's youth), those who think Iran is over just because she experiences a short period of cruel history.

Long Live Persian Gulf and For Ever.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
You really think we're not invaded by arabs ? Go through the list again. Physically yes but mentally %100

I didn't say that, of course we were invaded and ruled by them for like 300 years but our culture and language was not destroyed by them like other countries were.
Our culture is too rich and powerful and dominant, even attempts by new regime to undermine events like Norooz and 4shanbeh soori failed and Iranians went out in force in defiance of the wishes of the rulers.