Shah Engima...Iran is making an expensive movie on Shah

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
You can't take anything that Fardoost said seriously and honestly the guy had no character. I read somewhere that Sha's dad said he can go to Switzerland with anyone and he the Shah said, "Fardoost." His dad said something like, "Anyone but that guy" but Shah insisted and the Shah made him an important figure and that is how Fardoost repaid him. I guess you can say he is the Iranian Judas. I don't care what your political beliefs are, you just don't do a guy dirty like that and stick a knife in his back and twist it. That was a chickenshit move. Therefore, I can't take anything he said too seriously juicy or not.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I find it interesting that someone is actually going to play Khomeini in this movie. That is a first I believe. I have a feeling Hoveida will become the people's fav in this movie. lol
Nobody is apparently gonna play Khomeini! Didn't you see they were using his picture instead?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Akhoonds must be feeling pretty good about themselves these days to even speak of the Shah. If you watched IR for the past 35 yeas (god, has been that long?) Shah never existed. In fact, Iran was born on 22 Bahman. There was nothing before.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Fardoost was hardly Shah's buddy. No one betrayed the Shah more this vatan foroush.He convinced some of the generals to side with Bazargan and other naïve so called roshan fekers and betray the legal prime minster Dr Shapour Bakhtiyar after he was in contact with Khomenie. Fardoost had been part of this coupe for well over the year to take down his so called buddy through the british and the so called roshan fekers.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Akhoonds must be feeling pretty good about themselves these days to even speak of the Shah. If you watched IR for the past 35 yeas (god, has been that long?) Shah never existed. In fact, Iran was born on 22 Bahman. There was nothing before.
It's funny that after 35 years, the name of the shah still strikes a massie fear in their sad exsistence so they try to make these baseless movies and have lies spread against him. They know that the people regret what happen. Everytime I go back, people say, on khodabiamorz va pedaresh sakhtan, dorost kardan va in yaboo ha nabood kardan.

Last edited:

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I think Shah did a lot if good things for Iran but I dislike the guy for being weak and a coward . Every time the situation got rough he packed up and left , he did it when Mosadagh came to power and then in. 79. If he would of cracked down harder and never left then Iran would probably be a much better place today. He was scared of his own people and instead of staying home and fighting for the future of Iran he took the easy way out . Even Saddam , Ghadafi , Mubarak had enough balls to stay in their own country . These mullahs have learned from shahs mistake , they will crack down as hard as they have to in order to stay in power .

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Even Saddam , Ghadafi , Mubarak had enough balls to stay in their own country .
The Shah was cut from a completely different cloth. Those other characters were ruthless warriors. They fought and killed to get to where they were. They were tough. Shah never did any of that. Remember where they found Saddam? or Ghaddafi for that matter. Can you see the Shah hiding in a hole in the ground for months?

May 9, 2004
البته رژیم نمی تواند سریالی را خلق کند که همه واقعیت ها را بیان کند
زیرا بیان برخی از واقعیت ها به رژیم ضرر خواهد زد
من سریال را ندیده ام ولی اگر من بودم و می خواستم سریالی در مورد شاه و چرا انقلاب شد درست کنم محور اصلی داستان بر روی اشخاص نالایق دور شاه در زمانی جوانی او بود که کم کم
باعث شدندمردمی که دوهزار و پانصد سال شاه را تقدیس می کردند با او غریبه شوند
شاه از مردم دور شد
این یکی از بزرگترین دلایل انقلاب 57 بود

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
The Shah was cut from a completely different cloth. Those other characters were ruthless warriors. They fought and killed to get to where they were. They were tough. Shah never did any of that. Remember where they found Saddam? or Ghaddafi for that matter. Can you see the Shah hiding in a hole in the ground for months?
You are both right and remember Saddam, Ghadaffi and Mobarak, were not Swiss educated (at least I think they were not) but the Shah just grew up in a different environment having private soccer lessons, English lessons and he lived in life of luxury. Saddam had a tough childhood and I don't know much about Mubarak or Ghadaffi's upbringing but I know Ghadaffi rose through the army ranks and became a Colonel on his own so I know he was not from a rich family. You can't really compare the Shah with the other three you are right Flint he was cut from a different cloth and that cloth was the cloth of the aristocracy.

Oct 1, 2004
The only TV series' from IRIB which was relatively fair to pre-revolutionary Iranian figures who were not hezbollahi was "Roozegare Gharib" and "Dar Chashme Baad". The latter showed Reza Khan as a patriot (although simple and misguided) and the former was surprisingly balanced. The rest have generally been quite trashy and very few reputable actors will play in them.

Sarzamine Kohan was going to push all the red lines as well, but obviously it is now cancelled.

"Moamaye Shah" doesn't look to have a huge budget actually. It will probably be another one of those daheye fajr series that they air in 10 days and no one remembers.

Jun 18, 2005
The only TV series' from IRIB which was relatively fair to pre-revolutionary Iranian figures who were not hezbollahi was "Roozegare Gharib" and "Dar Chashme Baad". The latter showed Reza Khan as a patriot (although simple and misguided) and the former was surprisingly balanced. The rest have generally been quite trashy and very few reputable actors will play in them.

Sarzamine Kohan was going to push all the red lines as well, but obviously it is now cancelled.

"Moamaye Shah" doesn't look to have a huge budget actually. It will probably be another one of those daheye fajr series that they air in 10 days and no one remembers.
The show has over 250 main actors and supposedly will be shown in 50 parts. This is a high budget series and they have been filming this for more than a year now.

Jun 18, 2005
Nobody is apparently gonna play Khomeini! Didn't you see they were using his picture instead?
One of the videos mentioned they tested several candidates and had the guy who was going to play Khomeini do several plays before finally deciding on him. It would be interesting to see if they will reveal who is playing Khomeini in this movie. They are keeping it anonymous. The picture you saw was from the actor who will be playing Khomeini.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

You know what I respect the guy because it must take a lot of bravery to be fair, in a society which expects you to take their side and bash the other side. I can't tell if this film will be forgotten but if we are talking about it overseas, I'm sure the folks in Iran will be talking about it as well.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005

Roozegare Gharib was a pretty good series.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
I am not going to get too much into it because I don't want to break any rules here but like him or hate him can't they just let the guy rest in peace? If they go too far and just portray him in a huge negative light, which obviously they will, it's going to backfire on them. It's going to make him more popular and people will sympathize with the guy. Do you see the current Russian administration making a movie on Stalin? Did Stalin ever make a movie about the Czar? Nope.
since you are making a comparison between momad reza shah and stalin would you please provide some justification? (for example stats on industry, social programs, number of executions, infrastructure)